U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM

78,808 posts, read 33,532,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
See how stupid rumors start? Vivid imaginations.

NO ONE said homosexual UNTIL the Christian news site got a hold of the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM

8,100 posts, read 4,997,740 times
Quote:
NO ONE said homosexual UNTIL the Christian news site got a hold of the story.
They were taught the words pansexual and genderqueer...per the students???

And nothing homosexual was mentioned....??

I'm sorry are you really trying to debunk this on the back of semantics now?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,039,173 times
The state provides an 81 page document to assist educators in complying with the act. I made a cursory review and missed the section that suggested "role playing to avoid unwanted advances" or "how to identity sluts".

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/dignityact/

Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM

20,331 posts, read 10,442,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Irrelevant. I responded to this.

If you have any information that CBN mentioned it before the local story mentioned it on the 17th (that I posted above) fine, but if not it was not CBN that first mentioned it.
It is relevant in context to the post I was responding to.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They were taught the words pansexual and genderqueer...per the students???

And nothing homosexual was mentioned....??

I'm sorry are you really trying to debunk this on the back of semantics now?
They were taught words. Not to be homosexual.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM

39,214 posts, read 20,343,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
If the kissing isn't forced, I don't see anything to defend. There's nothing wrong with it.

two girls were told to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.

Why was it even considered in the first place? Forced or not? Do you really think this is appropriate? Really?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:57 PM

78,808 posts, read 33,532,796 times
Quote:
It is relevant in context to the post I was responding to.
Either way the info is wrong. Look I understand that this is likely a touchy subject for you. I imagine that much of it is things you wish had come along far earlier and you would hate to see the baby get thrown out with the bath water here. I understand that.

I imagine I would support much of what is desired here but I have some real questions about it overall and it seems that the school understands that this was handled poorly.

Hopefully the controversy will allow them to be able to handle and change things for the better.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,400,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
As long as the girls weren't -forced- to kiss, I don't see an issue with this. It's completely age appropriate.
When the law supposedly being served is to prohibit bullying and harassment, how can making 2 girls role play as lesbians on a date do anything but promote bullying and harassment?

Funny how the Far-Left education/indoctrination campaign that is shaping the next generations of Americans rarely gets noticed today until something like this occurs. The promotion of diversity as a goal in and of itself, and the encouragement of any and all variations from the social norm, are just one part of it. The other part is the idea that government is the solution to all evils, while business is (by definition) bad, and must be heavily regulated by--you got it--government.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Either way the info is wrong. Look I understand that this is likely a touchy subject for you. I imagine that much of it is things you wish had come along far earlier and you would hate to see the baby get thrown out with the bath water here. I understand that.

I imagine I would support much of what is desired here but I have some real questions about it overall and it seems that the school understands that this was handled poorly.

Hopefully the controversy will allow them to be able to handle and change things for the better.
I agree that parents should have been told before hand, and that could have been handled better.
I'm getting frustrated having to provide the same information repeatedly. (see post above this one)

There was no "forced kiss".
There was no "lesbian" role play.

The whole asking for a kiss thing was to teach how to say no.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM

13,097 posts, read 13,480,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
You goofed, To explain...

1) I said proof required in being born, with a developing need.

2) Yes , everyone can only be born with normal developing needs.

3) Attraction by its nature is a suggestive, correct..? It is both relative to what is natural and experience.

The balance of your entry is snipped due to being obsessed with social BS and conditioned idea's of acceptance. Acceptance is relative in a given natural way, and don't forget, expectation and experience has influence, as we are discussing an issue that has everything to do with what ? ... Plus it is a suggestive natured issue. Anyway thank you and as usual I have nothing cruel to say about anyone and have nothing good to say about the out of control gay movement. This issue at the school is ridiculous and to be honest I'm surprised the gay advocates are not taking these ao's over the cliff in a hand basket...rest assured no one would mind. The youth deserve better then this BS.
Pretty sure you don't actually know what you're talking about, especially if you are suggesting that attraction is merely a learned behavior.

Other than that, no one cares if you're tired of the gay movement. The thing about equality is that it angers people who don't believe in it... which, by the way, is definitely learned behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or