Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,939,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My kids would be pulled out of this school pronto. End of story.

When this type of **** is taught in schools, then the only conclusion that can be made is that pro- homo liberals are among the worthless human beings walking this planet. Right there beside child molesters and child abusers.
Your children will grow up damaged, if they aren't already. It's a pity that no one seems to care who can and can't have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
#1 because MOST sex ed type classes are separated by gender.

#2 http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...-edge-Red-Hook
The class was a workshop on communication. Saying no to unwanted advances IS communication.

#3. I don't know. Ask the school admin. The superintendent DID say that in the future there will be notification.
#1 - most? I think you're bending the truth....and that's being generous.

#2 - "Communication"... very ambiguous. Secondly, while the children might have been (and probably were) totallt blindsided by this. It was OK because technically it's communication.

So, would it have been OK to have a class on how to have phone sex or sexting etiquette? I mean that's communication, right?

#3 will there be an opt-out? Or will the notification be "hey, this is our standard curriculum now"

Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,567,433 times
Quote:
I agree that parents should have been told before hand, and that could have been handled better.
I'm getting frustrated having to provide the same information repeatedly. (see post above this one)

There was no "forced kiss".
There was no "lesbian" role play.

The whole asking for a kiss thing was to teach how to say no.
Really jj? Teaching to say no? Asking girls to kiss, lesbian role play is wrong. PERIOD

Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Another reason my daughter is homeschooled.

No teaching deviant behavior for her.
Yeah, because homeschooled kids are known for their social prowess. But hey, I guess it works for the Westboro Baptist people.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I agree that parents should have been told before hand, and that could have been handled better.
I'm getting frustrated having to provide the same information repeatedly. (see post above this one)

homosexual terminology - check

sensitivity training - check

anti-bullying - check

Simulated advance from same sex - check

this was conditioning for homosexual receptiveness at the INDIVUDAL level...

Not on "how to say no"....

Stop spin doctoring

Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:

I've seen absolutely nothing from anyone saying there was and I have no idea why the defense was even presented.

Quote:
This is certainly questionable at best.

Quote:
The facts are neither of us know what all was presented.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:10 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,108,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
#1 - most? I think you're bending the truth....and that's being generous.

#2 - "Communication"... very ambiguous. Secondly, while the children might have been (and probably were) totallt blindsided by this. It was OK because technically it's communication.

So, would it have been OK to have a class on how to have phone sex or sexting etiquette? I mean that's communication, right?

#3 will there be an opt-out? Or will the notification be "hey, this is our standard curriculum now"
#1 This class was separated. I have never been in a mixed gender sex ed class. I have never seen a mixed gender sex ed class ( I subbed at high schools for 3 years)

#2 Seriously?

#3 I don't know. I do not work or live in the school district. Why don't you call them and ask.
I am just stating what has been reported by the school board.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No...not pedophilia...

This is what it is, summed up.

You have a handful of individuals, some homosexual, that backed a bill advocating a demonstration of homosexual advances and passing it off as a course for "life skills" .....but who is.zoomin who here?

This bull-ish is EVERY NANO-BIT about transcending current social norms as it is about instilling life skills in children.

And what do people do when they don't want their social norms to.change? They resist. And the progressives are utterly stupid to not understand why.
Again, why do you people seem to think you can force kids to be gay? You can't, and you most certainly can't during an hour or so during some kind of school assembly. There isn't a big enough face-palm for this kind of thinking.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM

This was a workshop for "how to say no" as much as an Asian massage parlor is a chiropractor

Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,108,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Really jj? Teaching to say no? Asking girls to kiss, lesbian role play is wrong. PERIOD
AGAIN. No one asked the girls to kiss. the girls were asked to pair up to practice saying no to unwanted advances.

Girl 1 " Hey baby, how about a kiss"

Girl 2 "no" or "back off" OR "get out of my face"

THAT is practicing saying no to unwanted advances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies