Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The people who thought this was a good idea need to have the screws put to them.
Because the best way to solve a perceived problem is to add violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Well I guess tom another day...nothing but hecklers. Not the least bit surprised.
Your argument has been torn to pieces and you've embarrassed yourself with the legal talk. Yes, tomorrow is another day. Perhaps you should use it to educate yourself on your own positions before offering them up on a public forum.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because the best way to solve a perceived problem is to add violence.
Because the best way to create a solid argument is to argue a point somebody never made.....

Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your argument has been torn to pieces and you've embarrassed yourself with the legal talk. Yes, tomorrow is another day. Perhaps you should use it to educate yourself on your own positions before offering them up on a public forum.
Its not my fault you cannot put together a workable defense for these alleged criminals.

Politely: chew on the following,

If this was a clip of Catholic Priests talking about ethic and social behavior to new alter boys learning the ropes, all you liberals and gay advocates would be fog horning for about a day.

You know why only a day..?

Because they would be up on charges in less then no time, and rightly so.. with a clip asking that the young guys get into 'fooling around, kissing with each other. And we know there was way more going on . This is what we know happened in the classroom.

Therefore and very obviously,

If society is fully aware of this abuse, theres no way a repeat of same or similar with all adults, can have free access to a charge by precedence in this situation and society looking the other way. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Not only that, it gives good room for more such behav...this is ridiculous. Once the request is made, the law has been broken.> attaching to previous.

So...all the howling ones in support of what def looks like a crime and the guilty ones, are out of luck by their own passionate and vague idea, of their own ethic./

The only way out for them was firing the teacher, and they goofed...so the whole board stands behind the abuse and will be sued , plus they should be charged.

Last edited by stargazzer; 05-06-2013 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: general

Old 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Again, let's say out of a class of 25 children...let's say 3 need these life skills because they have no parents or deadbeat parents. Why should the greater portion be subject to something they would learn at home. Why should it be incorporated at the expense of other activities that children could possibly benefit from?
Again, we're talking about knowledge that the vast majority of parents still do not have because they didn't actually study any of it; they only learned what experience teaches, and that is soooo far from even the majority of what there is to learn. But we can drop this part of the debate now. It's clear we have different standards, nothing more to be said.

I'm going to give a very condensed response here, as the posts are just getting too long. But I will be responding to your summary argument, which is that we cannot trust the data telling us that homosexual marriage and/or parenting is equal to that of heterosexual marriage and/or parenting.

Quote:
You're strawmanning me.... I NEVER said it was wrong or harmful...Just more logical. And it is! Secondly, views don't have to be forced on anyone. My view isn't being forced on you or anybody.
You know what it means. No one should be discriminated against because of someone else's views.

You only addressed one of the two links I posted as evidence suggesting same sex couples have lower divorce rates.

Quote:
Are as likely...and this would cool and all, but I never stated my issue with homosexuality lies with their inability to be grounded parents.
You didn't have to. You claimed there was no basis for the notion that a homosexual couple is on equal footing as a heterosexual couple, when there most certainly IS. If you can have your "Homosexuality is not as logical because homosexual sex doesn't produce offspring", I can have my "Homosexuality IS logical because, apparently, they do just as good as married couples and as parents, if not better." You don't get to choose the values which should be considered.

Quote:
But while we are here, for a gay couple to have children they need a dysfunctional heterosexual couple, a surrogate or some situation to that effect. Of course, a quack doctor and a willing Frankenstein subject would do...but you still need a woman and a mans genetic material to achieve this.
So? How does that matter except in your own mind? You have yet to explain this.

Quote:
We can find studies that suggest anything....really.
Can "we"? Can "we" really? Neverminding the suggestions that gay marriage and parenting may be better in ways than heterosexual marriage and parenting, it seems to me that "we" haven't come up with ANY studies yet to suggest there is any practical reason to keep gays from having equal rights. So at very least, we are looking an absence of verifiable data. Hence, we are looking at entirely unjustified discrimination here.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Your sexual orientation is a personal matter and no one else's affair, so I find it disgusting that a school would try to promote and steer heterosexual students towards homosexuality and lesbianism. Imagine what the reaction would be if lesbians were asked to stand in the class and pretend they were on a date with a boy. Cries would echo throughout the country that they were discriminated against and heterosexuality was being rammed down their throats. Why should it be any different when the roles are reversed? It is not the place of a school to intrude in matters as personal as sexual orientation, dating, or kissing. Bullying is a relevant issue, but promoting homosexuality is not necessary to inform people about bullying and how to prevent it.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Your sexual orientation is a personal matter and no one else's affair, so I find it disgusting that a school would try to promote and steer heterosexual students towards homosexuality and lesbianism.
I think there are many posters here who are growing weary of repeating it, so I'll do them the favor:

THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED! The exercise was not about being heterosexual or homosexual. At all. Cure your paranoia, people, I beg of you!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I think there are many posters here who are growing weary of repeating it, so I'll do them the favor:

THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED! The exercise was not about being heterosexual or homosexual. At all. Cure your paranoia, people, I beg of you!
Do you deny that college boys held an exercise that helped mid school boys identify **** girls by the length of their skirt or the number of boys they dated?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
They didn't kiss...but people might want to understand how what DID transpire is every bit as unsettling.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

Ya right nice try , same ole thing...I didn't do it I didn't do it... nothing happened. Society is on to the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies