Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times

Advertisements

Thank you, jjrose, for being a voice of reason even in the midst of a lynch mob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the bill that led to to this lead sponsors in both the assembly and senate were gay.
This sentence doesn't make any sense. But I get the feeling I'd still have to ask "What's your point?" even if it did...

There is absolutely no proof of a "gay agenda", that is some hidden or vastly denied goal of gays who want to get legally married; this is a conspiracy theory created by Republicans who are seeking to compete with the 9/11 "truthers". Only a non-thinker would buy any of this garbage.

Now, back to the other side of this topic. I do think the school should've mentioned this exercise to parents as it does entail interaction between students whereby one, regardless of the reason, asks another for romantic/sexual attention. Not saying it's a bad idea all around, but it's not something I feel the school should decide to do on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why does the lesbian angle matter in the slightest?
It obviously made many of the participants uncomfortable. Also, why would you not have them role play the situations that are far more likely to happen.

Do Lesbians routinely hit on straight girls? While I am not an expert here I've not heard where that has been a problem.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM

313 posts, read 329,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
As long as the girls weren't -forced- to kiss, I don't see an issue with this. It's completely age appropriate.
School is no place to be ASKED in a CLASS by staff to kiss anybody. There should be more public outrage. School is to learn and feel safe, now kids are being encouraged to engage in practices that may lead to sexual promiscuity.

If I had children I would sue the teacher/s who asked my kids to engage in romantic/sexual practices.

Things like this is why so many teen girls are friggin PREGNANT.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
School needs to stay out of skills that are to be developed at home....

Slipstreaming of propaganda...the state just likes pushing peoples buttons.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
School needs to stay out of skills that are to be developed at home....
Could you be more specific? It would be hard to argue that cooking and taking care of a baby aren't on that list. Or do you just mean these sorts of classes should be electives at best?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Could you be more specific? It would be hard to argue that cooking and taking care of a baby aren't on that list. Or do you just mean these sorts of classes should be electives at best?
Cooking is not a social skill...

Taking care of a baby has no business being in a classroom.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which in itself would perhaps be O.K. but why note that you are portraying two lesbians?

I support gay marriage. I believe gay couples should be allowed to adopt. I believe people are born gay and that's just the way it is but I still have some questions here nobody seems to want to discuss.
Because they normally separate the boys and girls in sex ed, so girls would be practicing with each other since there were no boys in the room.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Cooking is not a social skill...
You didn't say "social skills" before, but okay.

Quote:
Taking care of a baby has no business being in a classroom.
Why not? Are we not more likely to need that skill than we are to need algebra? Or is it because you think teaching kids what all goes into taking care of a baby will make them wanna run out of class and go make one?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because they normally separate the boys and girls in sex ed, so girls would be practicing with each other since there were no boys in the room.
So what? There is still no need to point out sexual orientation.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Why not? Are we not more likely to need that skill than we are to need algebra? Or is it because you think teaching kids what all goes into taking care of a baby will make them wanna run out of class and go make one?
Something is and we should be asking ourselves what that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies