Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
No, but the ones that defend those statements certainly are, and there are plenty that have and still do.
I do not disagree. There are obnoxious and racist members in every political demographic.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I do not disagree. There are obnoxious and racist members in every political demographic.
Of course.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Did you think it was racist when tea partiers compared Obama to a monkey or told him to go back to Africa?
The entire teaparty did that? I think you know better than that. Within any group there can be radicals but it is typical of the left to demonize the entire group for the words of one or two. I go by their mission statement and what they stand for not by what a few stupid infiltrators say.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Many tea partiers defend the ignorant statements. Kinda hard to defend someone when they are in agreement.
Post a link where many teapartiers made racist statements towards Obama and not from some biased leftist site either. I'll wait.

Let me give you an example of this by the Hispanics who marched in our streets for illegal immigration. There were Hispanics who carried signs that said "whites are here illegally and they should go back to Europe" or other nasty signs about white Americans. Some of them claimed their land was stolen and stomped on the U.S. flag. Should I assume that these reconquistas represented the views of the entire pro-illegal movement? I don't recall anyone from within their group appologizing for that behavior or disagreeing with them publicly. See how that works? Pot, kettle, black.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It was a bit of stretch, I'll agree. Righties always LOVE to play the victim card. Cue Glenn Beck and his crying ~ now.
If anyone plays the victim card it is those on the left. Poor me, poor me. It's a so-called war on women, war on gays, war on minorities, war on the poor, war on illegals, etc. The list goes on and on.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Post a link where many teapartiers made racist statements towards Obama and not from some biased leftist site either. I'll wait.

Let me give you an example of this by the Hispanics who marched in our streets for illegal immigration. There were Hispanics who carried signs that said "whites are here illegally and they should go back to Europe" or other nasty signs about white Americans. Some of them claimed their land was stolen and stomped on the U.S. flag. Should I assume that these reconquistas represented the views of the entire pro-illegal movement? I don't recall anyone from within their group appologizing for that behavior or disagreeing with them publicly. See how that works? Pot, kettle, black.
Actually those hispanics saying that would be correct if they are from mexico because WE DID steal land from mexico and not only did we steal land from them we killed a lot of them as well. Also we stole land and killed native americans as well.

Quote:
If anyone plays the victim card it is those on the left. Poor me, poor me. It's a so-called war on women, war on gays, war on minorities, war on the poor, war on illegals, etc. The list goes on and on.
Oh yeah ? How about the bs WAR ON CHRISTMAS every december the right wingers love so much ? Or how about the WAR ON JEEBUS that many whine and cry about all the time ?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:

Not surprisingly, the tea partier who hates Hispanics also made racist statements about Obama.

Obama Monkey Picture Shows Racism Is Alive and Well in America - Leslie Marshall (usnews.com)

White House Assails Tom Tancredo for Suggesting Obama Go "Back" to Kenya - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 05-05-2013, 02:17 AM

128 posts, read 93,641 times
Quote:
Saying "go back to wherever the hell you came from" is a racist statement now??

Talk about political correctness and race baiting. You righties have no balls.
Your double standards are showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies