U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 PM
 
9,782 posts, read 8,115,280 times
Reputation: 13219

Advertisements

the study is funny because muslim fighters make it a standard practice to kill civilians or place civilians inside military targets. suicide bombings in bus stops, restaurants, and toy stores in Israel; firing rockets from next to a school, hospital, or apartment building so return fire will kill the people in the buildings; hiding behind hostages (human shields), bombing night clubs, trains, buses, movie theaters, and children's schools; 9/11, US Embassy bombings in Africa, German tour bus in Egypt, Boston Marathon bombing, airline and cruise ship hijackings of the 70s & 80s, and the list goes on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
13,940 posts, read 10,889,537 times
Reputation: 12702
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Most Muslim Americans See No Justification for Violence



Every few months the Gallup poll showing that 40% of Palestinians believe that suicide bombings in defense of Islam are sometimes justified. Some people like to use this as evidence that Islam is a violent religion.

However those people forget that that number doesn't compare Muslims to any other religion.

This poll does.
Yes, but that's American Muslims. Go do this poll somewhere in Yemen or Afghanistan and see what happens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,690 posts, read 10,577,428 times
Reputation: 19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
British, Germans, and Japanese were famous rapists in war.
Muslims are better in this regard.
Tell that to EVERY single female POW. If they are willing to talk, they would disagree with you. Every blasted one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 12:08 AM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,652,022 times
Reputation: 5948
A story tonight on Megan Kelly's show about Muslim street gangs. They just put a guy in England in the hospital with permanent scars for drinking beer.

The report said we have some gangs here----about 22 around the country and they are wanting Sharia Law. They will attack those who are not obeying Muslim laws. Won't matter your religion or lack of any faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 12:20 AM
 
Location: Allendale MI
2,532 posts, read 1,889,842 times
Reputation: 698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzYExjz6Io
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 AM
 
9,782 posts, read 8,115,280 times
Reputation: 13219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Nice attempt to deflect the topic. Are you in Dearboristan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 AM
 
Location: TX
6,493 posts, read 5,223,655 times
Reputation: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Most Muslim Americans See No Justification for Violence

Every few months the Gallup poll showing that 40% of Palestinians believe that suicide bombings in defense of Islam are sometimes justified. Some people like to use this as evidence that Islam is a violent religion.

However those people forget that that number doesn't compare Muslims to any other religion.

This poll does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, but that's American Muslims. Go do this poll somewhere in Yemen or Afghanistan and see what happens...
Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than U.S. Jews and Christians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 AM
 
Location: NY
12,264 posts, read 9,422,203 times
Reputation: 8028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ha!
Harrier is currently studying the first 30 or so years of Islam.
I did the same thing after 9/11, when I had to run for my life, because I just didn't understand what I was hearing in the news. I ignorantly thought it was all about Israel and Palestine, but it turns out these people are nuts...they have essentially been at war with the world (and each other) since the 7th century. I don't care what kind of tranquil or bucolic phrases some will use here to describe Islam, too many Muslims use the Quran to perpetrate all manner of disgusting mayhem against their fellow-man.


Groups like CAIR have been busy trying to cover-up the essential nature of Islam by preying on the PC nature of America, but it's a tough PR job when there is a constant stream of incidents such as this 78 Killed, 53 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Horror -- Antiwar.com

Last edited by Dockside; 10-26-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM
 
588 posts, read 682,199 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
The fact will always remain that it's intolerance (the kind that thrives on bogus generalizations, the same way your argument seems to be doing) that's at the heart of every attack, whether it be a Muslim or a Jewish person doing the attacking. I suppose you're convinced that Islam itself is the problem and your attitude is the solution. In reality, it's only when the latter meets, well, any belief system that there's any trouble at all.
Don't bother responding to him. Some people can't have a decent conversation or debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 11:01 AM
 
588 posts, read 682,199 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Nice attempt to deflect the topic. Are you in Dearboristan?
Wth is "Dearboristan?" Do you mean Dearborn? Its a nice little town. Low crime, middle class. No problem with it. I have family in Dearborn and have been there many times. lol are you one of those idiots who thinks that its under "sharia law?" looooooooooooooool Stop reading Debbie S and Geller. No sharia in Dearborn. No "Muslims stoning Christians" lol. And most Arabs in Dearborn are Christian, not Muslim. Your stupidity makes me sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top