U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2013, 04:28 PM
 
1,066 posts, read 1,113,461 times
Reputation: 726

Advertisements

Most Muslim Americans See No Justification for Violence



Every few months the Gallup poll showing that 40% of Palestinians believe that suicide bombings in defense of Islam are sometimes justified. Some people like to use this as evidence that Islam is a violent religion.

However those people forget that that number doesn't compare Muslims to any other religion.

This poll does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,397,164 times
Reputation: 6343
Yeah sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM
 
6,720 posts, read 6,577,635 times
Reputation: 2386
British, Germans, and Japanese were famous rapists in war.
Muslims are better in this regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM
 
Location: west central Georgia
1,506 posts, read 980,301 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
British, Germans, and Japanese were famous rapists in war.
Muslims are better in this regard.
Better rapists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 PM
 
5,280 posts, read 3,488,754 times
Reputation: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah sure.
Show me a hardcore fundamentalist Christian, and I will show you someone who loves war, killing and violence, provided it's against someone of a different color or nationality. Go to the South or rural Midwest if you doubt this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,586,994 times
Reputation: 8849
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Most Muslim Americans See No Justification for Violence



Every few months the Gallup poll showing that 40% of Palestinians believe that suicide bombings in defense of Islam are sometimes justified. Some people like to use this as evidence that Islam is a violent religion.

However those people forget that that number doesn't compare Muslims to any other religion.

This poll does.
The Muslim "holy book," the Koran, says that Muslims should kill the "infidel" (anyone who isn't Muslim) wherever they find them.

Islam is a violent "religion" (it is more like a cult). It is not a "religion of peace," and anyone who says it is, is either trying to hoodwink you (Muslims) or they do not know what they are talking about.

WAKE UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,586,994 times
Reputation: 8849
I wonder if any Christians would say that suicide bombings are justified in defense of Chrisianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:28 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,631,837 times
Reputation: 6745
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Show me a hardcore fundamentalist Christian, and I will show you someone who loves war, killing and violence, provided it's against someone of a different color or nationality. Go to the South or rural Midwest if you doubt this.
Just who sends Christians to war, just who tells them the enemy is across the oceans? Our government is more responsible than any fundamentalist Christian at starting wars.

Some people just hate......the poll even suggested it's Mormons who support civilan attacks.
Read the bottom of this link as to who the polled and how, polls are very misleading, for the most part to show favor of the survey being done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
2,477 posts, read 2,090,073 times
Reputation: 467
The only Muslims polled were Muslim Americans...we don't a problem with suicide bombers of a religion in this country (not just Muslims).

Last edited by Danno3314; 05-04-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,631,837 times
Reputation: 6745
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Muslim "holy book," the Koran, says that Muslims should kill the "infidel" (anyone who isn't Muslim) wherever they find them.

Islam is a violent "religion" (it is more like a cult). It is not a "religion of peace," and anyone who says it is, is either trying to hoodwink you (Muslims) or they do not know what they are talking about.

WAKE UP!
For some reason people just don't get this, Islam it's all about religion and nothing else. At least a Christian can walk away from their religion, Islam not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top