Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
here's how I see it... millions of people have their personal beliefs and as politically correct of a society as we would like to have... those beliefs (even if bigotted and racist) are going to exist.. in fact I would be so bold as saying that many posters on this board who claim to be "accepting" when in small social groups who share their beliefs.. practice such language and bigotry... though they would never admit to it in a public forum of course.. but you know what.. they shouldn't have to.. I think if he said it on his show or in a public forum.. then Ok.. he should appologize and make it right.. but he was RECORDED in a personal discussion.. and I think there are standards for people in the media.... sure.. but this was his personal life... you cannot legislate morality.. and people's minds... If someone wants to record someone's phone converstations.. THEY should be the ones in trouble... for invading someone's privacy...
I would never use that word.. not even in private.. but in his defense... he has a right to his own mind and privacy...
One thing that really irritates me with African Americans is that they are CONSTANTLY guilty of homophobic remarks.. and many African American leaders show NO ounce of compassion for gays and lesbians on their fight for civil rights... when 60 years ago.. they were in the very position we as gays and lesbians are in... I think that is disgraceful...and of all people.. should know better... I guess its all fine and dandy so long as "we" get our rights... f everyone else..... I wonder how it would go over if I walked up to an african american sports figure who calls people f#ggot.. and I called him a N*gg*er...which one of us would get the royal treatment from the media first?
I'm sick of the self serving mentality many people in our society seem to have... it only further divides people...
Ummmmmm, gays and lesbians in the same position that blacks were in 60 years ago That's a far reaching statement and you sure do have a lot of nerve comparing the "gay/lesbian" agenda to the civil rights movement Your sexual preference is your sexual preference - for you to correlate the two is beyond reprehensible

You are right about one thing, people are entitled to their opinions and feelings and I'm fine with that. As I said before, I much rather have them exposed so that I know where that individual stands in terms of his/her feelings. As far as his phone conversation goes, none of us truly know, but I can be 99% sure that it was recorded on the son's end, more than likely by the son himself.

UNLESS........................it was this Administration and their illegal wire tapping for the sake of homeland security because he was suspected of being a terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Ummmmmm, gays and lesbians in the same position that blacks were in 60 years ago That's a far reaching statement and you sure do have a lot of nerve comparing the "gay/lesbian" agenda to the civil rights movement Your sexual preference is your sexual preference - for you to correlate the two is beyond reprehensible

You are right about one thing, people are entitled to their opinions and feelings and I'm fine with that. As I said before, I much rather have them exposed so that I know where that individual stands in terms of his/her feelings. As far as his phone conversation goes, none of us truly know, but I can be 99% sure that it was recorded on the son's end, more than likely by the son himself.

UNLESS........................it was this Administration and their illegal wire tapping for the sake of homeland security because he was suspected of being a terrorist.
exactly my point... you do not equate the two... nor do most other people.. and that is the problem... civil rights are civil rights my friend.. sexual preference is not something you choose.. just like the colour of your skin.. and if you want to disregard one group of people's civil rights because there is not as much history behind it.... then you're no different than the majority white population of that time who felt civil rights for african americans was absurd...If you're going to push for equality.. and human decency and respect.. then be consistant.. don't pick favourites.. because that makes you no better than anyone else...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
exactly my point... you do not equate the two... nor do most other people.. and that is the problem... civil rights are civil rights my friend.. sexual preference is not something you choose.. just like the colour of your skin.. and if you want to disregard one group of people's civil rights because there is not as much history behind it.... then you're no different than the majority white population of that time who felt civil rights for african americans was absurd...If you're going to push for equality.. and human decency and respect.. then be consistant.. don't pick favourites.. because that makes you no better than anyone else...
Boise, when did any person purchase a gay man or woman and subject them to slave labor, rape, and hangings?
When have gays been denied an education?
When have gays been denied employment?
When have gays been denied to use the same restroom as heterosexuals?
When have gays been segregated?
When have gays been denied housing?
When have gays been denied the ability to shop freely where they want, when they wanted?
When have gays been denied the ability to go to the local movie theater?
When were gays banned from the beaches?
When were gays told that they must sit at the back of the bus?
When were gays tied to a tree and beaten for not fulfilling their job duties or for looking at a heterosexual the wrong way?

I could go on and on, but you are a prime example of why the schools need to teach "real" History and not that watered down garbage.

Your gay agenda is in NO WAY related to the plight of the civil rights agenda. You want to correlate the two because states say that you cannot marry?????????? WTF. If that's the case then the gay agenda is correlated to the Jewish Holocaust too, in your mind I suppose

Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:

Boise, when did any person purchase a gay man or woman and subject them to slave labor, rape, and hangings?
When have gays been denied an education?
When have gays been denied employment?
When have gays been denied to use the same restroom as heterosexuals?
When have gays been segregated?
When have gays been denied housing?
When have gays been denied the ability to shop freely where they want, when they wanted?
When have gays been denied the ability to go to the local movie theater?
When were gays banned from the beaches?
When were gays told that they must sit at the back of the bus?
When were gays tied to a tree and beaten for not fulfilling their job duties or for looking at a heterosexual the wrong way?

I could go on and on, but you are a prime example of why the schools need to teach "real" History and not that watered down garbage.

Your gay agenda is in NO WAY related to the plight of the civil rights agenda. You want to correlate the two because states say that you cannot marry?????????? WTF. If that's the case then the gay agenda is correlated to the Jewish Holocaust too, in your mind I suppose
many of those things you've listed HAVE happened to gays and lesbians... luckily not all of them because homosexuality is not something we wear like colour of our skin... and the civil rights movement has paved an easier path for other groups.. I would agree to that.. but it does NOT disregard the fact that inequalities exist... When a black man was taken to be a slave.. someone who would have been openly homosexual would have been burned at the stake or put to death...
You're reference to an agenda is sickening... civil rights are civil rights.. it is more than being able to marry... gays are not allowed to adopt in most states.. gays are not allowed to be openly in the military.. in some states there is STILL no protection for jobs.. In idaho my employer can fire me for being gay... and as much as that would make a scene on the national scale.. it would be totally legal under idaho law..
Obviously your mind is open enough for some.. but for others.. we just haven't earned that right yet? I know history.. and I don't disregard it.. but it wasn't until after the civil rights movement that history has been accurately portrayed concerning african americans... And in 50 years time.. society will look back at how we treated Gays and lesbians.. and there will be a generation of people who will look to our fight for civil rights much like African Americans today look to those who fought for theirs in the 60's...
I know history.. you know history.. but perhaps you should learn to be consistant... and actually use your brain.. when forming an opinion because you seem to have the mindset of someone who has never had to fight for their civil rights... so I would caution you to use logic and reason.. to save yourself from putting your foot in your mouth....

just so you know.. homosexuals were in the camps with the jews... perhaps you missed it though?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
many of those things you've listed HAVE happened to gays and lesbians... luckily not all of them because homosexuality is not something we wear like colour of our skin... and the civil rights movement has paved an easier path for other groups.. I would agree to that.. but it does NOT disregard the fact that inequalities exist... When a black man was taken to be a slave.. someone who would have been openly homosexual would have been burned at the stake or put to death...
You're reference to an agenda is sickening... civil rights are civil rights.. it is more than being able to marry... gays are not allowed to adopt in most states.. gays are not allowed to be openly in the military.. in some states there is STILL no protection for jobs.. In idaho my employer can fire me for being gay... and as much as that would make a scene on the national scale.. it would be totally legal under idaho law..
Obviously your mind is open enough for some.. but for others.. we just haven't earned that right yet? I know history.. and I don't disregard it.. but it wasn't until after the civil rights movement that history has been accurately portrayed concerning african americans... And in 50 years time.. society will look back at how we treated Gays and lesbians.. and there will be a generation of people who will look to our fight for civil rights much like African Americans today look to those who fought for theirs in the 60's...
I know history.. you know history.. but perhaps you should learn to be consistant... and actually use your brain.. when forming an opinion because you seem to have the mindset of someone who has never had to fight for their civil rights... so I would caution you to use logic and reason.. to save yourself from putting your foot in your mouth....

just so you know.. homosexuals were in the camps with the jews... perhaps you missed it though?
"I don't care what you say... its not the same dude... "

Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 AM
eri

27 posts, read 119,342 times
Racism will never fade! I don't understand why people make the N word such a big deal. If everyone is making such a big deal over that word, maybe we should as well over chinese being called "chinks", jewish people called "jews", mexicans being called "*******s"..blahblahblah!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eri View Post
Racism will never fade! I don't understand why people make the N word such a big deal. If everyone is making such a big deal over that word, maybe we should as well over chinese being called "chinks", jewish people called "jews", mexicans being called "*******s"..blahblahblah!
exactly.. consistancy... if protections are going to be given to one group under the case of civil rights.. then why are others denied the same representation in society.. and why is it less of an offense for an african american athlete to use the word F*gg*t.. than a white media figure using the world N*gg*r? where's the logic? both are forms of disrespect towards a PERSON for something they are not in control of.... as far as I'm concerned they are the same.. that includes calling someone chinese or mexican or anyone else a derogatory term...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
why is it less of an offense for an african american athlete to use the word F*gg*t.. than a white media figure using the world N*gg*r? where's the logic? both are forms of disrespect towards a PERSON for something they are not in control of....
Both forms are disrespect towards a person for something they are not in control of???????????? Hmmmm so in your opinion, black people ARE N*ggas/N*ggers, they can't help it and a gay person is a f*ggot because they can't help it, LOL

Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Both forms are disrespect towards a person for something they are not in control of???????????? Hmmmm so in your opinion, black people ARE N*ggas/N*ggers, they can't help it and a gay person is a f*ggot because they can't help it, LOL
you need to grow up mate.... if you can't follow the conversation without twisting someone's words.. because you lack a proper response.. then you only make yourself look like a twit.... I don't particularly appreciate your snide direct emails to me either... you're rude... and should be reported

Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
you need to grow up mate.... if you can't follow the conversation without twisting someone's words.. because you lack a proper response.. then you only make yourself look like a twit.... I don't particularly appreciate your snide direct emails to me either... you're rude... and should be reported
Boise, I simply quoted you, how did I twist your words, it's what you said and I'm asking is that what you "truly" meant. If so that's fine and you have a right to your opinion.

Since when did dialogue and my right to disagree become rude? Sounds to me like you might me the one who needs to grow up, since you've resorted to "name calling"/"direct insults"...........I suggest u watch yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies