U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,598,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why are single moms the very poor single moms so hated by conservatives?
I'm considered left in many of my views such as single payer healthcare,same sex marriage and women's rights.
With that said I'm also disgusted at the entire welfare system that systematically destroys all incentive to work.

It would behoove the entire country to make those that need public assistance to work in programs designed to better the country overall.
Forced work for food programs as well as compulsory sterilization for those with a history of public assistance abuse and uncontrolled breeding leading to ever increasing costs for the tax payer.

You want a helping hand? You'll get it but you'll also learn what a 12 hour work day is.

Fascist you say? OK I'll accept that. The country's programs concerning the unproductive classes have coddled and played mommy for people that need to be producing for the common good.

There is far too much potential good for the country that can be had by those that feel it necessary to be leaches to leave them to either rot or continue to drain the country's money, dignity and resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 AM

8,399 posts, read 5,293,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I'm considered left in many of my views such as single payer healthcare,same sex marriage and women's rights.
With that said I'm also disgusted at the entire welfare system that systematically destroys all incentive to work.

It would behoove the entire country to make those that need public assistance to work in programs designed to better the country overall.
Forced work for food programs as well as compulsory sterilization for those with a history of public assistance abuse and uncontrolled breeding leading to ever increasing costs for the tax payer.

You want a helping hand? You'll get it but you'll also learn what a 12 hour work day is.

Fascist you say? OK I'll accept that. The country's programs concerning the unproductive classes have coddled and played mommy for people that need to be producing for the common good.

There is far too much potential good for the country that can be had by those that feel it necessary to be leaches to leave them to either rot or continue to drain the country's money, dignity and resources.
This is a lie. Welfare was reformed in the 1990's. That means nearly 20 years ago the very thing you are advocating was put into law to qualify for welfare.

There is a work requirement. Why do you people continue to lie? Why are you so ignorant?

The rest of your post is irrelevant, since the whole gist of it is based on things that are already required. Please educate yourself and stop being ignorant on this subject.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,598,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is a lie. Welfare was reformed in the 1990's. That means nearly 20 years ago the very thing you are advocating was put into law to qualify for welfare.

There is a work requirement. Why do you people continue to lie? Why are you so ignorant?

The rest of your post is irrelevant, since the whole gist of it is based on things that are already required. Please educate yourself and stop being ignorant on this subject.

As you continue to live in your world of lies, debauchery and social disease, myself and others like me continue to toil under the guise that your continued diapering of the undesirables is somehow pertinent to the U.S. economy as a whole.

Your lack of command of the ideals of what it means to be productive continue to cloud your vision of what this country is about,

You work for freedom, not defecate for it like the masses that count you as a member.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,117,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This attitude doesn't help the problem at all. Doing the right thing is not just up to women.

err, like, yes it is, because since when has a MAN been able to get pregnant?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:01 AM

7,496 posts, read 9,729,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
err, like, yes it is, because since when has a MAN been able to get pregnant?
It's a sad state of affairs if someone actually has to explain this to you.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,117,888 times
ok, please explain then, because I would love to know how I could get myself pregnant.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM

5,934 posts, read 5,418,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
As you continue to live in your world of lies, debauchery and social disease, myself and others like me continue to toil under the guise that your continued diapering of the undesirables is somehow pertinent to the U.S. economy as a whole.
It's not a lie. Welfare has been reformed for years. There are time limits and work requirements imposed.

Also, Section 8 is a program with a tremendous waitlist. Many more people need it than have it, and it is actually difficult to get the people who do have it placed in better neighborhoods, which is the whole point of the program. Most poor people who can't afford to pay market rent are in government housing, which is often a dangerous place to live. It's no walk in the park trying to raise kids in those places.

It's already been posted that the average poor single mom has 2 kids. There are not oodles of single moms popping out children left and right to collect checks.

By FAR the program with the biggest reach is food stamps IMO, and a lot of that goes to people with JOBS and children.

It would be great to have a real conversation about government subsidies to the poor without all the hyperbole. There is actual abuse in the system but it's usually so overstated that it becaomes impossible to talk about rationally.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 AM

17,751 posts, read 15,609,590 times
Anyone who did not from day one see single mother hood as a big problem is a complete idiot. There is nothing heroic about single motherhood by an act of volition.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,425,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
ok, please explain then, because I would love to know how I could get myself pregnant.
I'm pretty sure people on the forum have told you how to do that, more than once. Just kidding.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

6,342 posts, read 4,360,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
Unmarried doesn't necessarily mean single parenthood - it just means not married to the child's father.

I suspect that a very large percentage of those 6 out of 10 are in de facto relationships - i.e. they are living with the father of their children but not married to him.
They are students... Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies