Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If you are pleased with the welfare situation, donate 10% of your income (beyond regular taxes) to fund welfare. If not, you are a hypocrite.

I pay, with federal, state, local, property, medicare and social security, about 50% of my income in taxes. I am taxed to death and cannot afford to pay for issues that are important to other people, but unwilling to fund themselves.
I'll do that when I can legally stop paying 24% of my taxes on wars that I actively protested. Thanks.

I already pay property taxes so other people's children go to school while I homeschool my own. I have no problem with that.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
temporary assistance. r u kidding? 4th and 5th generation? one thing that is made clear to a new welfare worker who is trying to "help" recipients get work.
u dear sweet confused man, i dont want to work, not looking for work, i am not going to do work, as a matter of principle i think most work is demeaning, exploitive, racist in nature and excessively stressful. i wont work and u cant make me. what part of that is so confusing to you?
I have no clue what you're talking about. Could you repeat that?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

69 posts, read 65,375 times
End welfare. No more anti-welfare talk. Problem solved.

"This anti welfare attitude and villainization of the poor is WRONG."

The problem is not the poor. The problem is a government sticking a gun in it's own citizen's faces and taking from them. Doesn't really matter what the allegedly 'noble' end is that they do that for. Nothing is right or good if you have to initiate physical force to accomplish it. The ends do not justify the means.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I want to clear up a misconception. Welfare queens are those that spit out child after child in order to increase their welfare but not obtain a job. A welfare queen are those that moan and groan about how life is unfair while in their living room of their sec 8 house, watching their flat screen TV's while texting and waiting for their next welfare check without putting back into the system. I am all for a helping hand but when that hand is perpetually out, I say enough. Get a job or starve.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 PM

286 posts, read 331,491 times
If you can't find a job in the USA, you need to go (back) to college.

In Communism it was against the law to be without a job. No excuse, jobs are there even though you may feel you aren't getting what you think you deserve (that's the story of Capitalism)

Old 05-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And it comes out. Who promised you a job? Who promised you anything? Who said you were entitled to jack? Life is what YOU make it. Not a job, not welfare, not entitlements, nothing.
My taxes pay corporations subsidies so they can provide jobs. When they stop getting those subsidies, I will gladly not feel entitled to a job.

I'm sorry about your childhood, but there is no excuse for people who actively choose to not take government benefits at the expense of their children. Doing so does not in itself create a work ethic in their children.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I want to clear up a misconception. Welfare queens are those that spit out child after child in order to increase their welfare but not obtain a job. A welfare queen are those that moan and groan about how life is unfair while in their living room of their sec 8 house, watching their flat screen TV's while texting and waiting for their next welfare check without putting back into the system. I am all for a helping hand but when that hand is perpetually out, I say enough. Get a job or starve.
Proof? Can you provide PROOF that those people ^^^ exist in large numbers or they they are the majority of people who receive public assistance?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatthernsInTheIvy View Post

The problem is not the poor. The problem is a government sticking a gun in it's own citizen's faces and taking from them. Doesn't really matter what the allegedly 'noble' end is that they do that for. Nothing is right or good if you have to initiate physical force to accomplish it. The ends do not justify the means.
I understand this position. I hope you are protesting corporate subsidies as well, otherwise, you are hypocrite.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

26 posts, read 19,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
My taxes pay corporations subsidies so they can provide jobs. When they stop getting those subsidies, I will gladly not feel entitled to a job.

I'm sorry about your childhood, but there is no excuse for people who actively choose to not take government benefits at the expense of their children. Doing so does not in itself create a work ethic in their children.
So that means at the moment, you feel entitled to a job?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatthernsInTheIvy View Post

Wrong, There ARE people who need it. Look at Phil306, he witnessed it first hand yet his family still pulled out. They could have easily taken the same road that so many others that he knows took. Obviously his family did not want generation after generation and did not teach their kids they were owed. Now that! is a good decent family.

Phil306 Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies