Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I agree welfare should not be a way of life, but I don't recall saying we need to raise taxes and give more. I merely am suggesting a level, fair playing field would help tremendously
Then what is your solution to the problem? I put one out there, where are yours?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Shut down the borders.

We can't provide free welfare, schooling to anyone who decides they can illegally cross.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many poster do NOT have the time spell out every little detail. This isn't the place for hundred page novels. Sorry.

You want the "Whole" truth then throw out this bomb, I get aggravated when people who get information from millionaires and who never sat down and talked to those in need sprout nonsense about things that they know nothing about first hand'

Reading is fundamental, but reading comprehension is the key to understanding----Simonism

First of all, I was referring to those who follow the likes of rush, hannity and Beck who are (wait for it) Millionaires. Secondly, I will only argue a point that I'm well versed on. Finally, as I mentioned before if you are going to make false accusations against a point made you sure as hell better be able to back it up.

Do know you if the car dealer is a millionaire?

Read again, I never said that he was.

How do YOU know if his story is true or not. Were you there?

No, but using something that has never crossed your mind called common sense, I like many other posters figured that he was embellishing the truth.

Am I a millionaire?

If you are (which I doubt) you won't be one for long using your illogical form of reasoning

Why do YOU make statements you have absolutely NO information on?

Why are you defending a statement which even the original writer is commenting on? What is it that you want to know since no matter what I write you have a probelm understanding it anyway?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who is 'we' that pays all the taxes? All those red state folks currently collecting 'their' entitlements? My rightie friends currently collecting SSI for depression whilst moaning about Obama the Muslim?

My rightie friend collecting disability due to exposure to the Agent Dujour while on a tour of duty? Yet able to paint his house with no problems.

My tax dollars are probably paying for your Medicare while you post on CD all day long.
1. "We" are those nasty "1%ers". We pay most of the taxes in America

2. States don't pay taxes- people do. This is the usual "slight of hand" of the liberal. Many southern
"red states" have high black populations, thus higher welfare "consumption". The majority of welfare recipients are DEMOCRATS! (every bum wants a handout).

3. statistics clearly show that the majority of those on welfare are democrats.http://super-economy.blogspot.com/20...stly-vote.html

4. blacks (who are 92% democratic) make up 39% of welfare recipients, while being 12% of the population.

5. "States" that receive federal funds may do so for nothing that has to do with welfare

a. military bases
b.maintenance of federal lands
c. roads
d. ports

The liberal myth is that CONSERVATIVES, not LIBERALS are the real welfare recipients! Now I can see why liberals are liberals.

The truth (liberals hate truth and prefer propaganda), is that most welfare recipients ARE DEMOCRATS!!!

http://super-economy.blogspot.com/20...stly-vote.html

Please refute the above facts, Ringo. The FACT is- you can't. That is why you are a liberal- a consumer and believer in false propaganda that supports a flawed political belief, which can only be supported by lies and distortions.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are assuming but you are wrong. Most people encounter them and have witnessed the abuses first hand.
No I never denied that abuses exist, but you cannot deny that exerations by those who want to prove a point does as well. A good example would be; how do people who see others buy expensive food items with their EBT cards know that it is from welfare and not from child support? Thats right you cannot tell unless you ask the user, which I doubt any of them does.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I don't approve of Obama's policies, but some of these criticisms towards him are bordering on retarded.
I also totally agree with you. I might seem like the biggest Obama supporter but in reality I'm not. I will defend him regarding things that he has no control over and put the blame where it is due.

I find it funny that immigrants who are granted citizenship into this country know more about how the government works than the people who have lived here all of their lives.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And as a matter of fact he does waste our tax dollars on such ventures.... Obama is very good at spending tax dollars on foreign nationals. It would seem he is big on rewarding those who didn't earn it. Now he seeks to reward illegals. Some of us have step children on a 5+ year waiting list waiting for their green cards. We did it by the book we obeyed the laws, but who does he reward?????
This is Mr. Obama's MO

I will not argue that, but what is the difference between him and the other presidents before him? If I'm not mistaken does'nt the senate make laws and he just signs them?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The reason for this is that right wingers humiliate people into NOT taking help when they so desperately need it. They SHAME people into hunger. It's criminal.
No, you just too damn greedy. You didn't see welfare backlash coming as Obama was out there campaigning and demonizing hard working Americans did you? You cheer him on as he made a money grab and thought you would get even more.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
A lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today. Boys growing up in mother only families naturally seek male influences. A boy in search of male guidance and companionship may end up in the company of gangs or other undesirable influences.

A link between the availability of welfare and out-of-wedlock births is overwhelming. There have been 13 major studies of the relationship between the availability of welfare benefits and out-of-wedlock birth. Of these, 11 found a statistically significant correlation.

The welfare culture tells the man he is not a necessary part of the family. They are in effect cuckolded by the state. Their role of father and breadwinner is supplanted by the welfare check.

The same results can be seen from welfare systems in other countries.

Relationship Between the Welfare State and Crime | Cato Institute

Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times
[quote=Evenstar51;29434426]You're right...it isn't my job to force you to help others. There are so many false notions about government spending.

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Quote:
Defense and international security assistance: In 2012, 19 percent of the budget, or $689 billion, paid for defense and security-related international activities. The bulk of the spending in this category reflects the underlying costs of the Department of Defense. The total also includes the cost of supporting operations in Afghanistan and other related activities, described as Overseas Contingency Operations in the budget, funding for which totaled $127 billion in 2012.
Social Security: Another 22 percent of the budget, or $773 billion, paid for Social Security, which provided monthly retirement benefits averaging $1,262 to 36.7 million retired workers in December 2012. Social Security also provided benefits to 2.9 million spouses and children of retired workers, 6.3 million surviving children and spouses of deceased workers, and 10.9 million disabled workers and their eligible dependents in December 2012.
Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP: Three health insurance programs — Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) — together accounted for 21 percent of the budget in 2012, or $732 billion. Nearly two-thirds of this amount, or $472 billion, went to Medicare, which provides health coverage to around 48 million people who are over the age of 65 or have disabilities. The remainder of this category funds Medicaid and CHIP, which in a typical month in 2012 provided health care or long-term care to about 60 million low-income children, parents, elderly people, and people with disabilities. Both Medicaid and CHIP require matching payments from the states.[end quote]
Social Security Medicare, Medicaid international assistance can stop any day just stop taking the money for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies