Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Until we have enough jobs that will actually bring people out of poverty, welfare is not the problem.
Whether you want to accept it or not, you're terrible upbringing was avoidable.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
KEEP THEM IGNORANT

It is why the Liberals must continue to brain-wash the blacks into thinking that they can never make WITHOUT THEIR HELP, thus perpetuating poverty and dependency on these groups. It is why the Liberals must pursue welfare policies (when in power) that serve to destroy the family, again to increase poverty and the resulting lack of education by these constituents so that they (Liberals) will have an ever-increasing pool of dependents they can count on for their votes.

KEEP THEM IGNORANT

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Whether you want to accept it or not, you're terrible upbringing was avoidable.
How so? By my mother foreseeing that my father would start beating her after she was pregnant? By the government actually enforcing child support orders? By Reagen and others who have always shamed welfare recipients so that my mother was too embarrassed to even consider it?

Which one?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
How so? By my mother foreseeing that my father would start beating her after she was pregnant? By the government actually enforcing child support orders?
As we said, we heard you. Now move on. As Carney said... "that was a long time ago". and you are still using it as an excuse? How old are you?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
As we said, we heard you. Now move on. As Carney said... "that was a long time ago".
I will move on when people stop bringing up the same topic. And when you quit complaining about tax laws.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
This thread is nothing short of a grovel for understanding of why you are weak and can not take care of yourself without taking from others.

You NEED people like us.
I take care of myself just fine, thanks. You're going to need me when you start using medicare, btw.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I will move on when people stop bringing up the same topic.
And when people stop expecting others to pay their way is when people will stop being so pis** about your constantly sticking your hands in our pockets. Stop with all the excuses already, grow up and figure out how to support yourself like the rest of us have.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM

973 posts, read 1,452,545 times
Quote:
Do you mean call it the "leach system"?
No, I mean just what I said... take out the words "welfare system" and you are left with...

You are naive if you don't think there is a huge amount of fraud, theft and waste in our government.

Nice try to put words in someones mouth though.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM

People. Check your privilege:

Social Class privilege checklist
This list is based on Peggy McIntosh’s article on white privilege. These dynamics are but a few examples of the privilege which people from upper social classes have. On a daily basis as an upper social class person...

1. I don’t need to worry about learning the social customs of others.

2. The ‘better people’ are in my social group.

3. It is likely that my career and financial success will be attributed to my hard work.

4. People appear to pay attention to my social class.

5. When I am shopping, people usually call me “Sir” or “Ma’am”.

6. When making a purchase with a check or credit card, my appearance doesn’t create problems.

7. When I, or my children, are taught about history, people from my social class are represented in the books.

8. I can easily speak with my attorney or physician.

9. There are neighborhoods I can move to where I feel ‘at home’.

10. There are places where I can be among those exclusively from my social class.

11. I can deny Social Class Privilege by asserting that all social classes are essentially the same.

12. Experts appearing on mass media are from my social class.

13. There are stores that market especially to people from my social class.

14. I can protect myself and my children from people who may not like us based on my social class.

15. Law enforcement officials will likely assume I am a non-threatening person once they see me and hear me.

16. Disclosure of my work and education may actually help law enforcement officials perceive me as being “in the right” or “unbiased.”

17. I can easily speak to my child’s college professors.

18. My citizenship and immigration status will likely not be questioned, and my background will likely not be investigated, because of my social class.

19. I can be sure that my social class will be an advantage when seeking medical or legal help.

20. If I wish to my children to private schools, I have a variety of options.

21. I can find colleges that have many people from my social class as students and that welcome me or my child.

22. If I apply for a prestige job competing with people of a lower class, my social class will be to my advantage.

23. The decision to hire me will be related to my background and where I went to school.

24. When I watch TV or read the papers I can see people of my own class represented well.

25. The “Newsmakers” are like me.

26. I deserve my status because of my accomplishments.

27. If I get offered a job over someone with more experience, it is because I deserve it.

28. My elected representatives share a similar background with mine.

29. Chances the person in charge in any organization is like me or is sympathetic to my status.

30. My child is never ignored in school, and if there are problems, I am called by the teacher or principal.

31. People are usually careful with their language and grammar around me.

Last edited by soanchorless; 05-06-2013 at 10:17 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
And when people stop expecting others to pay their way is when people will stop being so pis** about your constantly sticking your hands in our pockets. Stop with all the excuses already, grow up and figure out how to support yourself like the rest of us have.
OMG. Grow up and stop assuming I don't already support myself. People who are not sociopaths are fine paying taxes so people have food, shelter, and healthcare.

You seem to be really pissed because you are apparently working really hard (while being online all day everyday) and have not gotten RICH yet. Most people are content working hard to make ends meet and live a modest life style. So who is greedy here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies