Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Gotta get those jobs back and economy going. I'm sure he'll of course run around and blame anybody and everybody but the guy who is currently president whoever that is. He's really good at that. The swooners will salivate at his every word.

Obama to launch series of trips on economic plans | Boston Herald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Gotta get those jobs back and economy going. I'm sure he'll of course run around and blame anybody and everybody but the guy who is currently president whoever that is. He's really good at that. The swooners will salivate at his every word.

Obama to launch series of trips on economic plans | Boston Herald
Oh here we go again, Obama will demand a second increase in taxes and the liberal media and Obama followers will swoon then wonder why our economy is still crappy.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
I wold go see him, but unlike 99% of obama supports, I have a job so I cant just take off and be an obedient moon-bat

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Obama goes on vacation: neo-cons complain. Obama makes trips to talk about his agenda: neo-cons complain. Obama blinks: neo-cons complain. Do I need to go on?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
How about he stay home and use the savings to start White House tours back up? These trips cost money, a lot. Air Force One alone cost $181,000 an hour. This doesn't count the extra cost of the secret service folks or the cost to local governments.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
This has nothing to do with anything except getting those approval ratings up. His biggest success has always been on the road so that's what he's doing. Other Presidents repeat their successes in some shape or form when their approval ratings are down, too, hoping to make them go back up. President Obama needs to see the love.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
How do you hit the campaign trail if you're not running for anything, and don't have plans to run for anything in the future? If he stayed in the White House 24/7 you'd complain that he was out of touch. You don't get it both ways.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
How do you hit the campaign trail if you're not running for anything, and don't have plans to run for anything in the future? If he stayed in the White House 24/7 you'd complain that he was out of touch. You don't get it both ways.
Complaints about the President ... from the RWNJs have nothing to do with his performance in office. There are deeper reasons which we can't discuss here. But I agree with you that no matter what he does, they will complain.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Obama goes on vacation: neo-cons complain. Obama makes trips to talk about his agenda: neo-cons complain. Obama blinks: neo-cons complain. Do I need to go on?
Exactly!

Look at the post below. It's essentially saying that Obama should be cooped up in the White House to save travel expenditures -- a standard not requested of any other president. The underlying message has always been that Democratic presidents in general, and Obama in particular, aren't legitimate.

Of course, if Obama did do as as Oldhag1 suggested, Obama would be accused of not doing his job by the same usual suspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How about he stay home and use the savings to start White House tours back up? These trips cost money, a lot. Air Force One alone cost $181,000 an hour. This doesn't count the extra cost of the secret service folks or the cost to local governments.
Somehow I think the cost of these trips to pass an economic agenda that adds jobs is worth it. Conservatives didn't mind Bush running around the country trying to pitch Social Security privatization, who held 123 events in 35 states.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Obama said, in response to a question about his greatest failure. "The most important lesson I've learned is you can't change Washington from the inside. You can only change it from the outside."

In other words, just like he ran to the people for sequestration he is again running to his sheep again.

No, Obama is not out of touch, he knows exactly how he wants to transform america. It is you who is out of touch because you don't understand that the same words can have several meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies