Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times

Advertisements

"Why are Republicans so obsessed with abortion, even more so lately? "

Gosh, I don't know??? Why are liberals so obsessed with same sex marriage? Because it's a human rights issue!!!

<and captain obvious swoops in and destroys ****>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I see you didn't read the web site. Those women are not controlled even if you think they are. THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES even if you think they don't. But I forgot you know what they think and feel or at least you say you do.
And they are free to speak for THEMSELVES......and not dictate to other women whether of not it is right or wrong to use birth control or have an abortion.

How much more plainly do I need to say it?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And they are free to speak for THEMSELVES......and not dictate to other women whether of not it is right or wrong to use birth control or have an abortion.

How much more plainly do I need to say it?
You didn't read the part that they don't want to pay for BC for others since it is against their conscience.

You still didn't answer the question of working for PP. A simple yes or no wold be good.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
And that failure means YOU will have to pay MUCH higher premiums and co-pays; if you have a job with health insurance you may well lose it; and your taxes MUST go up to pay for all the extra costs that are not directly paid by you, the end user (full mental health parity, offspring covered up to age 27, no denial for pre-existing conditions, etc.). The press has paid little attention to the fact that, like the Earned Income Credit, the tax credits to subsidize health insurance are "refundable"--meaning that that many more families will now be getting a CHECK from the income tax system. Considering that we already have 1/2 the tax filers owing nothing or getting checks from the IRS, now we'll have an even higher percentage. And with far more people paying nothing or getting PAID through the IRS, that means the burden of government (over)spending must fall on those of us left.

As to the abortion issue, it's the thing that ensures conservatives (who outnumber liberals 2 to 1) don't win every election. It's one of those issues the media likes to give tons of time to, in order to keep people from thinking about the REAL issue facing America--that the working class simply cannot afford to support the gigantic Big Government that grew in times of prosperity, then grew even more as people saw their lifestyles eroding. No healthy economy could survive when Big Government takes such a huge amount of everyone's earnings--and even if you live off Welfare, you are paying a huge amount in taxes every time you pay your electric bill or other living expense.
One small problem with your take on it......the media wouldn't have anything to report on concerning abortion if Republican legislators weren't constantly introducing legislation to attack and circumvent Roe V Wade.

Ya know, wasting valuable legislative time and taxpayer money going after abortion rights rather than concentrating on legislation to help improve the economy.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
Simple. It gets working class people to work against their own interests for irrational reasons. The GOP seriously needs that.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many establishment Republicans would prefer to not get into social issues.

Yep... should be a state thing anyways...

Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Yep... should be a state thing anyways...
No it shouldn't.....not anymore than slavery should be a state thing.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Just on this first page of the P&OC, there are many examples of Republicans trying to turn an argument by bringing up abortion.

Let me go on record by saying that I am pro-life. However, I understand that Roe vs Wade has been on the books for nearly 40 years and probably isn't going to be overturned. Yet Republicans keep harping on about how much Democrats supposedly support abortion. Any time something is brought up they don't like, their answer is "Yeah, but Democrats kill babies."

Why the obsession with abortion? Don't they have other things to be concerned about?
I guess it's supposed to be only important if you are the Baby being murdered? Bottom line is this; It is the most disgusting thing to allow in society , the murder of the most defenseless of us, that is the Babies. To me, it is especially disgusting because I wish I could have been a father but that was stolen from me.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Why are Democrats so obsessed with Republicans?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I guess it's supposed to be only important if you are the Baby being murdered? Bottom line is this; It is the most disgusting thing to allow in society , the murder of the most defenseless of us, that is the Babies. To me, it is especially disgusting because I wish I could have been a father but that was stolen from me.
I'm against killing babies too, but we are talking about abortions, most of which happen so early it's no more disgusting or murderous than a bowl movement. Those that happen later are for reason you can't involve yourself in, because you don't know and have no real interest in. And that makes you angry for some reason. I know prolifers focus mostly on those rare late term abortions while fantasizing about Gerber babies one inch from being born, I just don't know why.

If you wanted to be a father I'm sure there were steps you could have taken to make it so, and I'm sorry it never happened for you. Are you harboring resentment towards woman (or A WOMAN) for your own shortcomings or just projecting your anger on women in general because something terrible happened? It's so hard to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies