Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

AMI right or am I right/
Awards

Award winsAward nominationsLeaving Las Vegas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
If you think prostitution should be legal, just go to Los Vegas. They have illegal aliens lining the streets passing out photos of prostitutes they are soliciting. These hand bills get scattered all over the street creating visual polution you won't believe, making this the sleaziest city in the nation. You wouldn't want this in your town, I hope. Then, many of these prostitutes are on drugs, and with drugs there are gangsters and crime. We don't need that in this nation when we have more then enough problems our law enforement can handle as it is.
prostitution is illegal in vegas

Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
There are so many men on this board that sing the praises of prostitutes and cannot get enough.

So, allegedly people here is so liberal so I am wondering?

- Would you marry a prostitute?

- Would you choose a prostitute for the mother of your kids?

- Would you allow your wife to be a prostitute while married to you?

- Would you encourage your daughters to become prostitutes?

-Would you mind if your children marry prostitutes and have kids with them?
OP, replace 'prostitution' with 'posed in playboy' and ask yourself the question. Posing in playboy is just prostitution-lite, the difference is one of degree, not kind. Or what about posing in Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition?

Is it better if girls avoid becoming prostitutes and boys avoid becoming johns? Sure. And if I had a daughter I'd prefer she become a lawyer rather than an SI swimsuit model. But if people choose any of those routes, it's strictly their choice and their business, and does not overload & blow (no pun intended) my circuitry the way it apparently does yours.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Randy Travis - "Three Wooden Crosses" at the Grand Ole Opry - YouTube

song about Hookers.
Damn you Randy Travis.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Not true, you made that up. Why start false rumors just for attention? What is it that is lacking in your life to make such a statement? totally untrue, Police don't ask one's profession before they decide if they will investigate a crime. You need to go to church and confess your sins, or your nose will grow...
you need to watch the many documentaries on the Long Island Serial killer. The families had to hire lawyers just to fill Police reports for missing persons.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
And always has been.

Making prostitution illegal does have one guaranteed result: it makes it more attractive for cops to get into the pimp game. As a result you get cops involved in pimping and trafficking. They have impunity, and with impunity comes abuse of power and exploitation. The founder of police science in the early 20th century, August Vollmer, opposed criminalizing prostitution because he thought it would corrupt law enforcement. Vollmer (chief of the Berkeley PD and briefly LAPD chief) was right.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OP, replace 'prostitution' with 'posed in playboy' and ask yourself the question. Posing in playboy is just prostitution-lite, the difference is one of degree, not kind. Or what about posing in Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition?

Is it better if girls avoid becoming prostitutes and boys avoid becoming johns? Sure. And if I had a daughter I'd prefer she become a lawyer rather than an SI swimsuit model. But if people choose any of those routes, it's strictly their choice and their business, and does not overload & blow (no pun intended) my circuitry the way it apparently does yours.
Why wouldnt you want your kids to become prostitutes? According to this board, it is a perfectly normal profession

Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Why wouldnt you want your kids to become prostitutes? According to this board, it is a perfectly normal profession
It often is a degrading business, but it's less degrading than working at McDonalds, and a lot less degrading than welfare.

Single moms with kids hooking harms society less than single moms collecting welfare.

1,599 posts, read 3,133,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Prostitution used to be legal in Nevada. They must have had enough of it and cracked down.

1,065 posts, read 1,311,686 times
Quote:
Sigh...

...do you want your kids to become sign spinners, fast-food workers, or janitors?

These are perfectly normal professions as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies