Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM

11,792 posts, read 12,027,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
I met her and banged her during the second week of April. She told me she slept with one other guy the following week however she used a condom, but she is saying the condom broke :/ I'm going to talk to her more, but I have a feeling I can convince her to keep the child, I just don't know if I want to convince her. That's basically what I'm struggling with right now.
Assuming this is the woman you met and had sex with the first day, following your roommate's lead, I realize what's done is done but what on earth would possess you to have unprotected sex?? How can you be that cavalier with your life and health?

Regardless, doesn't even sound like she knows who the father is, so count yourself lucky that she's not looking to chain you to her for the rest of your lives after having known her one month.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
HARDEST but best (and courageous) CHOICE for you THREE...(and certainly not the most popular)...

A-D-O-P-T-I-O-N!

And before I get pummeled by the peanut gallery, YES pickle is intimately familiar with all aspects of adoption. That is why I can recommend and suggest it.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,702 times
It's her decision. I'm sure others will cry about how "unfair" that is for you, buy you cannot force her to carry a pregnancy to term. Biology dictates that she gets final say on this one.

Oh, and go get a battery of STD tests.....

Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
I met a girl online last month. We hit it off and had sex. I saw her a couple other times, but today she just informed me she's pregnant and since we don't know each other too much, she's getting an abortion. I don't like the idea at all, but I don't know if I'm ready to take on that responsibility. Since its less than 4 weeks that means what's inside her can't feel pain, right? What should I do? Need help.

Quote:
I'm going to talk to her more, but I have a feeling I can convince her to keep the child, I just don't know if I want to convince her. That's basically what I'm struggling with right now.

Quote:
She still lives with her parents. I have a feeling all I need to do is tell her I will be there and commit to her and we can get our own place, yada, yada yada. I just don't know if I want to commit to that yet.
Quote:
However I feel if I don't make that choice it will result in her getting an abortion What should I do?
Oh good freakin Lord. Why would you convience her to go thru with a pregnancy she dosent want and you dont want. Why would you want her to become a single mother to a fatherless child.

Can I use your posts for responses to threads filled with men whining about how women should not have all the say in determining if they carry to term or abort and whining about having to pay 18 years of child support?

I understand you are both in a bad situation and a decision has to be made. Please proceed with honesty and having educated yourselves with all options and the responsibilities that go along with them.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM

393 posts, read 466,454 times
While you have the right to tell her your feelings, the woman always has (and should have) the final say on abortion.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,654 times
Quote:
I met a girl online last month. We hit it off and had sex. I saw her a couple other times, but today she just informed me she's pregnant and since we don't know each other too much, she's getting an abortion. I don't like the idea at all, but I don't know if I'm ready to take on that responsibility. Since its less than 4 weeks that means what's inside her can't feel pain, right? What should I do? Need help.
Right now there is really nothing you can do, because at the end is her choice.

Next time, make sure you use contraception. You are both responsible for the pregnancy. Condoms and other devices would have prevented this situation. Think before you hit next time.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
She was not on birth control and I didn't use a condom. She comes from a very wealthy family and still lives with her parents. I have a feeling all I need to do is tell her I will be there and commit to her and we can get our own place, yada, yada yada. I just don't know if I want to commit to that yet.

However I feel if I don't make that choice it will result in her getting an abortion and I will be at fault. I'm torn, I could brush this off knowing the pregnancy can get terminated early due to the fact it won't feel pain. However I don't want to have any regrets 5 years from now. What should I do?
I am not intentionally being harsh. But my message is pretty harsh. Grown up is what you should do. You have no business raising a child. You ARE a child. I don't care how old you are. In this day and age, you cannot even claim ignorance about birth control. My 9 year old knows about it. It is a sorry state of affairs. But it is a little too late to be concerned about the pain in the 4 week old fetus. Cut your losses and take this as an opportunity to learn and grow.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And, statistically, he doesn't and won't be involved in the future.

Even if he says he wants to be involved now, 6 months from now I'd be willing to be a large sum of money he'll bail.

I've seen this quite a few times... early in the relationship she gets pregnant, he swears he'll stick with her and then disappears when it gets hard and he realizes he really doesn't know this woman all that well.
Yep, she would be a fool to have a baby she doesn't want based on promises from a guy she barely knows. No point in making a bad situation worse. They played with fire and got burned...learn from this mistake.
RU486 is very effective if used at this point of pregnancy.

Last edited by Jasper03; 05-07-2013 at 09:54 AM..

Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
While you have the right to tell her your feelings, the woman always has (and should have) the final say on abortion.
No, you shouldn't have the right because it means absolutely nothing in the end. So in reality you don't have the right. She can easily not care and tell you to shut up. Guess what you would have to do then......

Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
HARDEST but best (and courageous) CHOICE for you THREE...(and certainly not the most popular)...

A-D-O-P-T-I-O-N!

And before I get pummeled by the peanut gallery, YES pickle is intimately familiar with all aspects of adoption. That is why I can recommend and suggest it.
This is a fantastic idea, and one the OP should suggest. But he is not the final decision maker, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies