Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times

Advertisements

After doing some reading and watching a piece on the resignation of Karen Hughes, one gets a creepy chill up their back. The described relationship from White House aides gives an aura of an incestuous nature or at least one that would call into question the state of mind of our President.

Ironically at the last Democratic debate, Dennis UFO Kucinich made mention of President Bush's mental state. While this statement coming from Kucinich may diminish the argument, there is growing evidence that Bush's unstable and unbalanced nature is getting worse.

With pretty much every person of Bush and Cheney's inner circle now gone, under indictment, resigned, fired, or fleeing for their lives, this administration has become very isolated. Unlike any previous Presidential administration that ended up lame duck, this one remains uncompromising, unchanged, and still steeped in the delusion that they can redeem the glory of the empire.

We can all rest safe in our beds however, as Bush still calls mommy, Karen Hughes at least 3-4 times a day to ask if he is doing the right thing. Pretty sad when something like this doesn't even raise a brow with Americans anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
After doing some reading and watching a piece on the resignation of Karen Hughes, one gets a creepy chill up their back. The described relationship from White House aides gives an aura of an incestuous nature or at least one that would call into question the state of mind of our President.

Ironically at the last Democratic debate, Dennis UFO Kucinich made mention of President Bush's mental state. While this statement coming from Kucinich may diminish the argument, there is growing evidence that Bush's unstable and unbalanced nature is getting worse.

With pretty much every person of Bush and Cheney's inner circle now gone, under indictment, resigned, fired, or fleeing for their lives, this administration has become very isolated. Unlike any previous Presidential administration that ended up lame duck, this one remains uncompromising, unchanged, and still steeped in the delusion that they can redeem the glory of the empire.

We can all rest safe in our beds however, as Bush still calls mommy, Karen Hughes at least 3-4 times a day to ask if he is doing the right thing. Pretty sad when something like this doesn't even raise a brow with Americans anymore.
This post is ridiculous. Why do some liberals with nothing of value to say turn to character asassination instead of debating the issues? Hmm makes one wonder.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Why do some liberals with nothing of value to say turn to character asassination instead of debating the issues?
If only we could all be conservatives cause they never resort to such tactics. Oh wait.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
This post is ridiculous. Why do some liberals with nothing of value to say turn to character asassination instead of debating the issues? Hmm makes one wonder.
First off, if you are going to mention sticking to the issues, then why bring up the suggestion that I am liberal, for which I am far from being if you have taken the time to read my previous post.

Karen Hughes was a hack, but at least she was loyal true believer. In fact this is one of the issues that you speak of as characterized by many inside the Bush White House itself that she basically worshiped Bush. There has been a reoccurring pattern over the past years of Bush administration being stuffed with cronies, inept supporters, convicted felons, and basically brown shirt types. This is no longer speculation, it is a known fact.

This goes to the issue of ineptitude that has been one of the great highlights of this administration, and in addition it also goes to the President's mental state as to why a man would be willing to subvert the law in order to surround himself with legions of followers? The idea that this mans personal desires precede the rule of law to such an extent that if exhibited by most everyday people would be reason enough to have them mentally evaluated.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Lurid insinuations and sensationalized accusations do nothing to elevate the discussion.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Lurid insinuations and sensationalized accusations do nothing to elevate the discussion.
Complaining about the messenger does little either. Want a tissue?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 AM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Quote:

This post is truly insane. Tell us you copy / pasted it from some idiots blog and save your reputation??!?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Default The "Accurate" Story of Hughes' Departure"

For anyone interested in the REAL story of Karen Hughes and her longstanding role with Governor Bush and now President Bush.

FOXNews.com - Karen Hughes to Leave Bush Administration in December - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Old 11-01-2007, 11:35 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:

One should drink some warm milk and/or take some prozac and figure out ones life in ones Mommy's basement eating ones Mom's food.

...And you can rest safe in yer bed, as you've figured it all out.

That poor George Bush, that little do nothing. Not like you, the one thathas figured everything out.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
This post is truly insane. Tell us you copy / pasted it from some idiots blog and save your reputation??!?
Here is some from the Washington Post.

Washingtonpost.com: Team Bush: The 'Iron Triangle'

Bush wanted to make sure that Hughes would be at his side if he decided to run. "If you're not going, I'm not going," Bush told her, according to another campaign official privy to the conversation.

That's a remarkable statement for a politician to make to a staffer and indicative of the significance of Hughes's role. Bush advisers say that, on a personal basis, Hughes is probably closest to the governor of the three, and they say Bush always seems more confident and relaxed when she is around. "It can't be understood how important she is to the governor,"

Some Bush supporters, fearing that Hughes's lack of national experience might hurt the presidential campaign, tried to have a more experienced communications director brought in above her earlier in the year. They got nowhere

Here is an interesting take from some in the White House press corps.

"Look at Karen," I said, nudging a colleague.

"Oh, my God. You've got to be kidding me."

As Gov. Bush read the text of his speech from a teleprompter, his communications director was silently mouthing the words along with him. The synchronized delivery suggested a parent sitting in the audience of an elementary school pageant while mouthing forgotten lines as her child stood dumbstruck onstage.

"Do you suppose she has any idea how odd that looks?" my friend asked.

"If she does, I don't think she cares.

"I know I don't know a lot," she adds. "I know the governor. I know where he stands. I know his principles and I try to be a pretty effective communicator of what he believes. But I don't make any pretense that I know how to do this nationally."

With Karen's second time around resignation, I wonder if she is still part of the 24% of self deluded, mental midget glue sniffing cowardly chicken hawks with one hand on a beer and the other on a bible praying that Larry Craig comes to trick and treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies