Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, your comparison to 1984 and gay marriage is not the same thing. Also, who cares what your personal opinion is on gay marriage because no one is forcing you to get one. The definition of marriage has been changed many times before and will continue to change as society continues to change. Society doesn't care if you keep up with it, and when you become obsolete, you will become extinct.

True, no one is forcing me to marry another man, but hijacking the word marriage changes the word's meaning in such a way that traditional marriage is then defined in the same way a homosexual marriage is.

Of course, that is the real purpose of marrying same sex couples, isn't it?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
True, no one is forcing me to marry another man, but hijacking the word marriage changes the word's meaning in such a way that traditional marriage is then defined in the same way a homosexual marriage is.
...And?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,046,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Actually, I would say its is based on the main premise that the Gay marriage argument is made; ’What two consenting adults do is their business.' and who are we to interfere with it?
Actually, unlike gay relationships, incest has been shown over and over again to be fairly psychologically problematic. And of course potential offspring, especially over time, have increasing chances of being mentally or physically deformed. It's not the same thing and should be taken on it's own merits.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:

I think the real question is, why is heterosexual marriage so weak that other couples marrying irreparably damages it for heterosexuals?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Actually, unlike gay relationships, incest has been shown over and over again to be fairly psychologically problematic. And of course potential offspring, especially over time, have increasing chances of being mentally or physically deformed. It's not the same thing and should be taken on it's own merits.
Which, honestly, depends from case to case. There are some cases where it's not harmful, and some that it is harmful. On a whole, I don't think we should ban incest relationships or marriage.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:

Do you have a copyright on the word marriage?
No?
Then you don't own it.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Which, honestly, depends from case to case. There are some cases where it's not harmful, and some that it is harmful. On a whole, I don't think we should ban incest relationships or marriage.
Me neither, really, but I do think the comparison is unfair. People should be able to look at this things as individual cases. I hate the BS slippery slope stuff.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,558,366 times
Quote:
Even if it exists elsewhere in nature, using the anus for a vagina is never natural.

It serves no biological function and is therefore a perversion of normal sex.

That's not an opinion.

That's a fact.
So basically you are saying heterosexual sex serves solely as a "biological" function? How interesting that you are comparing us to other animals whose sole purpose is to "procreate" as well like a bunch of Rabbits!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM

30,991 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And being Gay was once viewed as a psychological disorder? If Gays want to use the 'consenting adult arguement it really should be applied across the board to all adults.

The only reason I'm in support of Gay marriage is because of the Consenting adult arguement. Your tax paying American citizens, what you do behind closed doors has no affect on me.

As far as related people having children, that it none of my business either.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:20 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The USSC declared MARRIAGE a fundamental civil right in their decision in Loving V Virginia.

There is no "gay" marriage license. There is no "same sex" marriage license. We get the EXACT SAME marriage license as everyone else.
How about two women who want to marry in Mississippi ? Do they show a town klerk a kopy of the Konstitution and get the same marriage lisense as a woman and man ? As badly as you want ssm to be a 'right,' it isn't in most states. That's a legal and praktikal fakt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.