Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I don't think they should. Let the bigots and haters make videos and show their faces so we know who they are. If it's not directed at a specific person, is it really bullying?
I agree..I think its funny when you have a bunch of stooge gang bangers or skinheads talking crap and holding guns. On video and most turn out to be convicted felons..makes nice footage in their next court case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
"Hate speech" (whatever that is) is protected free speech. Stop searching for hateful videos if you don't like them.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
I don't know why people watch YouTube anyway. Everything I see on it is silly.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Where in the world did you get the idea that being offended entitles you to silence someone else? Understand, I hate those vermin as I hate the Storm Front trash that ends up on this forum spouting essentially the same garbage, just cleaned up a bit because they are too cowardly to state it in the same terms as the Youtube commenter scum.
Storm Front trash posts here? Could you point out those posts? I don't read Storm Front and am interested in what they say here. Do you have links to those posts, please?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Is there any way to shut this down, or is it all protected. I am aware of the cyber bullying laws that are now being enacted. Have any law suits been filed against You Tube for allowing hate speech targeted at entire groups to continue? I had no idea that there was so many people posting videos spewing absolute hatred on You Tube.
If they banned liberals from posting then they wouldn't have any hate speech on.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
There is no right to "not be offended"...

Get over it

Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Youtube is run by Libstinkers....just be a nagging nancy and complain, they will pull anything that is non-pc.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Is there any way to shut this down, or is it all protected. I am aware of the cyber bullying laws that are now being enacted. Have any law suits been filed against You Tube for allowing hate speech targeted at entire groups to continue? I had no idea that there was so many people posting videos spewing absolute hatred on You Tube.
The best you can do is if a specific video is offending you or your sensibilities, you can message the channel owner and request them to take it down OR you can flag it as offensive and the fine folks at Youtube/Google will handle it from there.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
I don't know why people watch YouTube anyway. Everything I see on it is silly.
A lot of us watch the how-to vids on youtube..a lot of the paint companies,welding equip manufacturing companies etc etc post their products on there and I have learned a crap load of tips and tricks from watching them..as for the goofballs posting their kids etc etc I couldn't care less about that.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default Hate speech on You Tube

Hate-speech is a PC word for ''You are saying something I don't believe in, so I
will call it a bad name, and label you a bigot.''

There are no ''bad words''. I don't hate anybody, but I do have opinions.
Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I hate you. Hate is a very
strong emotion, it has to be earned.

Freedom of speech is probably our countries greatest right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies