Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am not giving them a free pass. The problem is when the irs picks winners and losers... Wait that sounds like what obama has been doing with green job companies...humm

If there we say 100 companies checked and say half were conservative or even better would be if all these political type groups were looked into.

The second issue is over some of the questions. Why does the irs need to use specific peoples names that are not a member of one of these tea party groups in a question? The questions were very bully ish...
I certainly agree about picking winners and losers. However, when you are a political group has a political ideology about govt and taxes and you are a political group seeking to take advantage of tax exempt status.... Well come on. I would make those groups a priority if I were attempting to curb the explosion of tax exempt groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 07:00 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I certainly agree about picking winners and losers. However, when you are a political group has a political ideology about govt and taxes and you are a political group seeking to take advantage of tax exempt status.... Well come on. I would make those groups a priority if I were attempting to curb the explosion of tax exempt groups.
Again that is fine as long as you do that will all those groups regardless of party.

The second problem is the content of the questioneer. There we some very pointed questions that were non of the irs business or geared to make ability to comply next to impossible.

Read this link and tell me how they could comply in time for the irs or why the irs needed to know the answers to the questions asked.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/05/irs-kn...f-its-mission/

Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
So.....no one actually cares if these groups were guilty or how many groups were taking advantage of the tax exempt status. Is that not even important to conservatives?
As I said I don't go in for conspierency theroy's , but , the Right has already voiced their contempt for the IRS and other Government agency's. The option of using this non issue as a diversion from the very rich paying no taxas at all, well that's Somthing to be considered. And , you answered your own question "no one actually cares"......it IS alabout Politics.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
There you go, the rest of the story ! Problem is they can't have it both ways. All this radical hate will bury the Party, this time sooner than later.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:20 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033
So.....no one actually cares if these groups were guilty or how many groups were taking advantage of the tax exempt status. Is that not even important to conservatives?

Personally i dont think any of these groups shoud even exist. Dem or rep..

Take all the campain money and use it to feed the poor, pay off the debt, etc. replace it with 50 debates.. One for each state. No tv ads, no phone banks, let anyone vote by door to door ballet like a censous. Heck use those guys to do it.. They find everyone for those things.. You get to vote who you want or none of the above. Take 6 months to do it. Keep results going public by day like in a all star voting ballet.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Post 1582 just a couple above yours.

There Was No Surge in IRS Tax-Exempt Applications in 2010

Nor in 2011. There was no explosion in 2012 either.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times

Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
How clever... for a 4th grader.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I was thinking the same thing ! Too bad there are a lot of folks

Old 05-18-2013, 08:56 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I was thinking the same thing ! Too bad there are a lot of folks
Look, we know this last week has been really rough on our resident Obama sack riders but at least recognize some simple humor during this very emotional time in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies