Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The difference is that Obama will never step down. He is so confident in his ability to snow everyone else, due to his brilliance, that he will never admit any wrongdoing. Narcissist bordering on psychopath.
Can't say I blame him. He has about 65 million lobotomized supporters who will say and do anything to defend whatever he does. Sometimes they even post bar graphs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 12:46 PM

545 posts, read 400,155 times
Whenever some on the right mentions the unfair treatment of right wing groups by the media and govt liberals are quick to tell you that it's just "right wing paranoia". I am interested in seeing the doublethink and spin on this one.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Of course he was informed. Now they just run around playing sergeant shultz at all these press conferences.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I will when it is insignificant in the face of REAL problems.
Yeah like gay marriage right?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
This is pretty telling. Since this thread was started, it was full of people ready to marginalize any wrongdoing on the part of the IRS to deflect any negative light from the administration. Now that a progressive investigative journalism group has dropped the bomb that contrary to IRS guidelines, the very same ones quoted by IRS officials as an excuse to not identify which conservative groups were targeted for additional scrutiny, that the IRS released confidential data to ProPublica in the run up to the 2012 election....silence.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Whenever some on the right mentions the unfair treatment of right wing groups by the media and govt liberals are quick to tell you that it's just "right wing paranoia". I am interested in seeing the doublethink and spin on this one.

Trust me, the ususal culprits, will have their spin on this believe me. You see some can be targeted and it is perfectly acceptable, now reverse the situation to their side, and BOOM LO AND BEHOLD, every damn thing changes, the way it has always been and always will be.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Default IRS To Conservatives: "Provide Details Regarding All Of Your Facebook Or Twitter Activity"

IRS To Conservatives: "Provide Details Regarding All Of Your Facebook Or Twitter Activity"

It has become difficult to keep track of all the different "-gates" the Obama administration has suddenly found itself embroiled in: perhaps an appropriate name would be Gate-r-gate? And with the just concluded farce in which Jay Carney passed off all AP-related questions to Eric Holder, who in turn recused himself and told the media to please crucify the Deputy AG instead, it is unlikely that any material new information will be disclosed any time soon. However, courtesy of The Hill, we at least have some insight into the first gross offense by the administration revealed last week: the targeting of one political group over another by the supposedly impartial IRS. Specifically, is the full 7 page questionnaire sent by the IRS to the Liberty Township Tea Party containing a list of 35 questions.

Listed here one can find such pearls as "provide details regarding all of your activity on Facebook and Twitter", "Provide a list of all issues that are important to your organization", "do you or will you rate candidates", "you have conducted polls of of your membership to determine which candidates and issues they are supporting. Provide details on this process", "Do you conduct media advertisements lobbying for or against legislation?", "Do you directly or indirectly communicate with members of legislative bodies? If so, explain the amount and nature of the communication", and finally "provide details regarding your relationship with Justin-Bink(sic) Thomas." It appears Justin is someone who according to the Daily Kos, "claims that the government is bailing out too many people who don't want to work." Surely, for the IRS, this is "need to know" information.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Can't say I blame him. He has about 65 million lobotomized supporters who will say and do anything to defend whatever he does. Sometimes they even post bar graphs.
It's funny watching a party loyalist call the other sides party loyalists lobotomized.

Your irony is so delicious, I'd like seconds. Keep that funny stuff coming.

545 posts, read 400,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Trust me, the ususal culprits, will have their spin on this believe me. You see some can be targeted and it is perfectly acceptable, now reverse the situation to their side, and BOOM LO AND BEHOLD, every damn thing changes, the way it has always been and always will be.
It's bizarre. They came out and admitted they were wrong for targeting right wing groups, even issued an apology and somehow liberals still can't find this wrong and are trying to spin this away. Even when something as blatant and overt as this they still fit in some doublethink. This is why it's so hard dealing with liberals.

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Yeah and his robotized supporters, are just plain ignorant. Think Obama would be caught supporting any person who was accused of the things he himself has been. Think not. Think any one in a job, who was accused of lying, and manipulating papers would get treated as Obama has!

Supporters are not always right, sometimes as dense as the person they voted for. And thats a lot of dense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies