Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,442,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I didn't ask you what he did. I asked you what ultimately ended up happening to him. Again, I'm not a fan of his. Never was, never will be. But ultimately nothing did end up happening to him, and nothing is going to happen here.
Um, do I need to remind you of how the left flipped out over Iran-Contra and Reagan didn't even disgrace his whole family after having spreading his love all over some interns dress. Just because the left feels pleasure from pain doesn't mean we need to excuse it because that's the way the world runs.

It's a sick world if there are no standards at all and everything goes so long as it's a democrat doing it.

I know I wouldn't want to live in that sort of world and I don't think many other people would either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,346,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
As a side note, can we please stop appending "-gate" to the end of scandals? Watergate was four decades ago. And it usually sounds awkward anyway.
I have been on a crusade for some time to get the 'gate' suffix replaced with 'Monica.' So instead of, say, Benghazi-gate, IRS-gate, or AP-gate, we would have Benghazi-Monica, IRS-Monica, or AP-Monica.

I contend that using "Monica" would make equal sense as using "gate." But then I am not as bright and well educated as a big time reporter from the NYT, WaPO, CBS, NBC, etc.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM

27,092 posts, read 15,286,135 times
Amen.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,927,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Um, do I need to remind you...
No, you don't. The point is that nothing happened to Clinton and nothing is going to happen now. I'm not saying Clinton was a quality person. I was happy to NOT vote for him two times.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,431,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There are plenty of "latest dishonest endeavors" too.

If all of these happen without his knowledge of any of it then his whole Administration is out of control and he has no power over it.

Really think that's the case Dane_in_LA?
Yes let us count which latest dishonest endeavor. Too many too mention ha" the President and his whack job thug style administration have been out of control, with the media's blessings up until now.

None of us are too danm stupid to not believe the obvious.

The sleeping dragons have awoken, and the big dragon does not know how to handle this.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:54 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,930,551 times
The Tea Party Should be investigated, anyone that thinks they are not Potical needs to wake up from a very long sleep .There have been way too many of these groups that DID get approved, that's where the scandals is. I have been involved in a 501 c 3, several of them. We were doing everything right with our apps. Yet it took over 2 years sometimes to get our status. We as non profit historical groups are the ones that were treated unfairly, when these sham groupes just breeze through !

Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,930,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups - Yahoo! Finance

Naturally it was "low level" workers fault!
It's the right that wants to ditch the IRS, for a long time now they have been wanting this. Maybe it's a good time for them to do Somthing about it.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,890,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
They picked the words "tea party" and "patriot" to choose which groups to harass. Yeah, they had no idea what they were doing.

ETA: What's funny is the IRS has admitted to targeting conservative groups and apologized for it. Not sure why people here are trying to say it didn't happen.
That doesn't look good for Obama IMHO.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,480,704 times
Under Bush the IRS Targeted a Liberal Church for an Anti War Sermon.
No one ever apologized to All Saints Episcopal Church for an IRS investigation triggered by an anti war sermon given in 2004. Under Bush the IRS Targeted a Liberal Church for an Anti War Sermon

Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Under Bush the IRS Targeted a Liberal Church for an Anti War Sermon.
No one ever apologized to All Saints Episcopal Church for an IRS investigation triggered by an anti war sermon given in 2004. Under Bush the IRS Targeted a Liberal Church for an Anti War Sermon
Covered 8-9 times now.

The church was publicly giving political speeches. There is no proof any of the groups the IRS targeted did anything wrong.

What you are arguing is that since Jerry Sandusky was arrested all assistant coaches should be investigated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies