Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Its real easy to look at posters history. Your gold love is clearly the result of your ideological views. Thats just a dangerous way to invest. But please, let us know how your gold investment is doing as of today.
So I guess you are suggesting that since I am clearly a conservative THAT is why I recognize the importance of gold as a major part of one's investing/ savings portfolio?

Explain, then, why I purchased my first gold coin around the time I was trying to convince everyone I know to support Sen. Al Gore in the '88 dem primaries?

...Or how I got serious about buying gold and silver when I saw how bizarre the market (NASDAQ) had become after the Webvan IPO (no politics involved).

...Or how I decided to cut back on purchases after I saw the run-up in prices that is UNTIL Bush signed Medicare Part D legislation in Dec. 2003 and I saw that the GOP was willing to sell-out its principles for senior votes in '04 thus helping push the U.S. into even further debt.

...Or how I really began purchasing HARD after the second bailout vote when I realized that both parties didn't give a damn about the value of our currency.

So, no, I don't own gold and silver because I am a conservative...I own them because I can see what is going on without regard to who has an R or D by their name.

One last thing...since my average purchase price for gold is in the $400 - $700 range I think I'll be O.K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If you aren't invested in gold and no one is forcing you to exchange your fiat Federal Reserve Notes for gold then why are you so passionate(ly wrong) about gold in the first place? What do you care what others do with their fiat currency?

Because I've SEEN what "gold fever" did to people LAST TIME and I don't really like to just sit by and people taken advantage of by snake oil salemen - even when those people are ignorant or even just plain dumb.

Also, will you please make up your mind?

You are obsessed with the whole "gold is in a bubble" myth but vehemently refuse to DEFINE what YOU mean by bubble.

I POSTED the DEFINITION and proclaimation by several who are no doubt wayyyyyyy smarter and wayyyyyy better informed than you, that it's a bubble. If that's not good enough for you then that's too bad. You're not a baby, and I'm not about to change your diaper for you nor feed you by hand.

Either gold is a bubble and you can say EXACTLY what that entails or you're just blowing smoke.

What were all of those "expert sources" saying about house prices in 2005 or Internet stocks in 1999?

Probably the same sort of BS that they're spinning about gold right now.

What happened to gold prices after the end of 2008? Care to talk about that? No? OK.

Sure, gold went up on speculation that the US dollar would collapse - that's my point.

It's a speculative bubble and it's been so since AT LEAST 2008 - maybe a lot longer - and like ALL speculative bubbles they eventually pop. Gold is popping now. You may not believe that, but you WILL once it sinks in how much money you lost because you were foolishly taken by the BS of those gold mongers. As I said, I've seen it all before - folks like you who were sooooooo confident that gold was a 'safe' investment - one wayyyyy safer than the US dollar, and yet that confidence did them no good at all when the floor collapsed - and that misguided confidence will do YOU no good either.

Also, what is keeping gold from falling back to 2003 prices? "Tradition", perhaps?

What is keeping gold from falling back to 2003 prices?
Maybe not much.
Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-18-2013 at 02:25 PM..

Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Get your gold n silver while it's cheap, it will be going back up, while the value of the dollar is in decline.

Gold Going Down? - The John Birch Society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sEwkA31p1Hk

Old 05-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
Oh, so you see it as your duty to warn the impressionable about the dangers of gold investing because, gosh darn it, you just can't stand by and watch as "snake oil salesmen" like me take advantage of them again.

(Even though no one here is selling anything or has asked anyone to buy gold on their behalf and, uh, who here EXACTLY has lost their money because the "gold hucksters" on C-D have swindled people to buy gold??)

Since you apparently don't have the wherewithal to form your own opinions about what is or isn't a bubble but instead (and quite lazily) just link to "others" who may actually try to think for themselves I can assume that you really have no basis to form any sort of opinion about gold.

Why not at least link to someone who can place a DOLLAR VALUE to the beginning and end of this so-called "gold bubble" if you can't figure things out for yourself.

And for like the fifth time, I NEVER SAID GOLD'S PRICE INCREASE IS BASED ON AN IMPENDING DOLLAR COLLAPSE so why not take that horsestuff to whomever you believe actually said that.

I, for one, think that the dollar is not going to collapse because we are in a major global currency war.

BTW, if you think that gold ran from ~$300 to ~$1,800 because "speculators" believed that the dollar would "collapse" then your ignorance about the gold market is even more severe than I first thought.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Oh, so you see it as your duty to warn the impressionable about the dangers of gold investing because, gosh darn it, you just can't stand by and watch as "snake oil salesmen" like me take advantage of them again.

(Even though no one here is selling anything or has asked anyone to buy gold on their behalf and, uh, who here EXACTLY has lost their money because the "gold hucksters" on C-D have swindled people to buy gold??)

Since you apparently don't have the wherewithal to form your own opinions about what is or isn't a bubble but instead (and quite lazily) just link to "others" who may actually try to think for themselves I can assume that you really have no basis to form any sort of opinion about gold.

Why not at least link to someone who can place a DOLLAR VALUE to the beginning and end of this so-called "gold bubble" if you can't figure things out for yourself.

And for like the fifth time, I NEVER SAID GOLD'S PRICE INCREASE IS BASED ON AN IMPENDING DOLLAR COLLAPSE so why not take that horsestuff to whomever you believe actually said that.

I, for one, think that the dollar is not going to collapse because we are in a major global currency war.

BTW, if you think that gold ran from ~$300 to ~$1,800 because "speculators" believed that the dollar would "collapse" then your ignorance about the gold market is even more severe than I first thought.
REALLY?
You NEVER said anything about an impending collapse?

So I suppose THIS Post is by a DIFFERENT clb10 poster?

Quote:
Prepare your family for the coming social collapse.

Stock up on the essentials.

Keep BOTH EYES OPEN.

YouTube - ‪Bob Chapman: Hyper-Inflation Could Reach U.S. by 2013‬‏
Here's the thread where you posted that nonsense above: After the liberals destroy the economy how will I be affected?

Where's that hyperinflation the video you linked to was talking about?

And all those stooopid videos by Peter Schiff where he talks about a coming collapse of the dollar were posted by a DIFFERENT clb10 poster?

Here's MY position on the "price of gold" (not that you'll learn from it):

How Gold Rallied for Years on a 'Misunderstanding'

Gold is on it's way down, and it won't come back to previous highs for years (maybe decades) - but go ahead and hold on to it (after all, no one wants those lousy dollars anyway).
LOL

And yeah it bugs me to see even stupid people be taken advantage of. Many - maybe even most - of those gold hawkers are borderline crooks in my opinion. They lie to the customers - feeding fear and disinformation - so they can make a buck of ignorant folks they've terrorized into making financial decisions that will haunt them later. Golds' been in a bubble and that bubble is in the process of collapsing. I know YOU don't believe that - but you WILL (eventually).

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-22-2013 at 11:03 AM..

Old 05-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
REALLY?

Here's the thread where you posted that nonsense above: After the liberals destroy the economy how will I be affected?

And all those stooopid videos by Peter Schiff where he talks about a coming collapse of the dollar were posted by a DIFFERENT clb10 poster?

Gold is on it's way down, and it won't come back to previous highs for years (maybe decades) - but go ahead and hold on to it (after all, no one wants those lousy dollars anyway).
LOL

And yeah it bugs me to see even stupid people be taken advantage of. Many - maybe even most - of those gold hawkers are borderline crooks in my opinion. They lie to the customers - feeding fear and disinformation - so they can make a buck of ignorant folks they've terrorized into making financial decisions that will haunt them later. Golds' been in a bubble and that bubble is in the process of collapsing. I know YOU don't believe that - but you WILL (eventually).

Ken
Lol.

Like I said I never said anything about a dollar collapse.

If you have a problem with Peter Schiff and HIS issues with the paper dollar then I suggest you take it up with him.

If so called "gold bugs" are strange then how strange are people who are obsessed with the "gold bugs"?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
REALLY?

LOL

Ken
Ken...I think I understand your obsession now:

You are probably someone who lost a ton of money in some gold based scam and it feeds your obsession with gold realists.

Look, I don't know who tricked you out of your money but you shouldn't take your anger out on everyone who advocates for a portion of one's savings being allocated to physical gold and silver.

I'm sure eventually your pain will subside.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,752 times
Gold can go to zerro for all I care. I got mine(in the lake behind the house). I didn't buy it to compare it to the precieved value funny cartoons that swap hands daily with more faith than it takes to be a Christian.

If I make it through, I will be OK. History says so.

So what is this bubble y'all speak of?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Ken...I think I understand your obsession now:

You are probably someone who lost a ton of money in some gold based scam and it feeds your obsession with gold realists.

Look, I don't know who tricked you out of your money but you shouldn't take your anger out on everyone who advocates for a portion of one's savings being allocated to physical gold and silver.

I'm sure eventually your pain will subside.
I've not lost a thing in gold. As usual, you don't have clue. I'm simply one who's old enough to have seen all this play out before and seen the damage that "gold fever" caused LAST TIME around. It'll be no different THIS TIME around either. If you are clever enough or lucky enough to get in and get out while gold is riding up then good for anyone who does - but the whole gold bug "gold is the only real money", "gold can't crash" BS is just that - ignorant BS. Gold is simply a commodity - and like any commodity, it can go up quick and come down just as quick (and it does and will). There's NOTHING somehow "magical" about gold that renders it immune to the same fads and manias that happen to other commodities.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-22-2013 at 07:05 PM..

Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Lol.

Like I said I never said anything about a dollar collapse.
Surrrrrrre you didn't.
You just post link after link to videos espousing that that theory.

Or are you saying that you just post bullsh*t that even YOU don't believe?
If so, WHY did you post it?
I mean, YOU posted links to those "the dollar will collapse" videos. You either BELIEVE that or your posts are just deliberate BS. It's one or the other.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-22-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies