Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,788,562 times

Advertisements

And you're a "moderator"????? Can't eat your OWN dog food? So much for leading by example.

Again if this thread is about being GAY then it does not belong in the Houston forum. Put it in diversity or somewhere else. Don't crap on a perfectly good mother's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
That is who she proudly is. I guess your right she could have shared the moment with her partner since Texas doesn't have marriage equality but I wasn't going to Mis-lead you into something the article stated

Old 05-12-2013, 10:55 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,939,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
That's cute. It makes me hopeful that, as an openly bisexual man, I can be considered a "role model" some day.

(On an unrelated note, I can't help but notice she didn't adopt any boys.)

And thank god for that. There are too many boys being raised without male role models already and society is the worse for it. While I am sure Parker and her partner are loving parents, two women cannot teach a boy how to be a man.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,480,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
And you're a "moderator"????? Can't eat your OWN dog food? So much for leading by example.

Again if this thread is about being GAY then it does not belong in the Houston forum. Put it in diversity or somewhere else. Don't crap on a perfectly good mother's day.

Im sorry your offended by Houston mayor Annise Parker and her life partner, Kathy, sharing the joy of being two great moms to their adopted children.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,692,403 times
She has done a very good job as our mayor. She has my vote for reelection. I don't care if she is gay or not. Great article too.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:46 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,139,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post

Is the OP trolling, I mean why is this in the Houston forum? Shouldn't this be in the Politics and Other Controversies . I see the gay agenda is in full affect. Everyday I'm hit over the head with another gay story. Stop trying to shove this crap down my throat. They are less than 4% of the population, you couldn't tell by the way the lame stream media talks about them constantly. If gays want to be treated like everybody else why do they go out of they way to differentiate themselves at every opportunity?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:22 PM

286 posts, read 554,858 times
Outside her spouse and children nobody can possibly tell what sort of mother or wife she is. All anyone can tell is she's not a bad or perhaps okay wife/mother and little else.

As far as mayor she sucks like most Houston politicians. Houston has been falling behind DFW since the early 80's. Pretty sad that Greater Houston used to have a larger pop than DFW. Liberal politicians drove most of the professional people out of Houston city limits and replaced them with poor immigrants many of which are illegal. DFW being multiple cities could control itself. DFW has been growing faster than Houston even though most of Houston's growth is the result of high fertility rates among the lower classes.

Thankfully Houston can compete with DFW due to the highly profitable petroleum industry which influxes the city with massive amounts of money, she and all the other worthless Houston politicians have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Last edited by JaqueCosto; 05-12-2013 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,692,403 times
If you like DFW so much better then move there.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:14 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,788,562 times
This Mayor have nothing to do with Houston growth. She is in the right place at the right time. Houston growth is based on something called "capitalism at work" and not being a gay democrat. Let's get this one straight.

Before anyone else here comes out of the closet let's move this gay mayor thread over to a diversity or political location and be done with this nonsense.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM

286 posts, read 554,858 times
Energy jobs are much easier to come by here but I'll likely eventually move to DFW. If not overall I'm still very happy with Houston. The State of Texas limits the power of cities and mayors which prevents her from doing much more than what a mayor is required to.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,635,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Is the OP trolling, I mean why is this in the Houston forum? Shouldn't this be in the Politics and Other Controversies . I see the gay agenda is in full affect. Everyday I'm hit over the head with another gay story. Stop trying to shove this crap down my throat. They are less than 4% of the population, you couldn't tell by the way the lame stream media talks about them constantly. If gays want to be treated like everybody else why do they go out of they way to differentiate themselves at every opportunity?
Best post this month. Probably best all year. Her disgusting sexual antics don't even belong in public text. It should be kept totally secret in the closet as they USED to say.

This city is a mess. The roads are falling apart, what has she done anyway? The only time I see her in pubic is during the gay parade on TV posing for the cameras. Sick behavior.

For those who brag the fact they love her and voted for her, knowing her sick behavior, this is one of the reasons America is falling down.

No hate mail, I don't want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: