Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Happy Mother's Day or should I say Parent #1 or Parent #2 or maybe Parent #3?
They will not stop at destroying marriage as we know. Family is next, and who knows what comes after that.

I'll bet that "Gender" will also be removed from the forms soon, and new names will be invented so it will be imossible to tell a persons gender based on their name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They will not stop at destroying marriage as we know. Family is next, and who knows what comes after that.
Nah, you heteros have done such a fine job of destroying marriage, and the "nuclear family" you don't need our help.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol love the liberals logic, mothers and fathers are parents so what's the big deal they claim? So can you tell Arne Duncan to leave mother and father as they were before? Thanks.
Of course, everyone who thinks protesting this is a waste of time is a "liberal". And of course, WE are being "illogical" because we don't care if we are called "mother and father" or "parent". It's never happened before after all... I've never been referred to as a parent on any form ever. Oh wait... Never mind that, the common application form for college didn't make that same change years ago. Oh wait, again....

I mean I need to police every single federal form change looking for ways in which someone else's form might be made a little easier to fill out while not affecting my ability to fill out the form. Even changes that are of no real consequence to me are just too much of an imposition, even if they've already been made elsewhere! God knows those parents who did the same thing when their kids applied to college were overly burdened with the extra hour it took to figure out whether they were parents. It had to have ruined the whole experience for them, with all the inquiries from curious 17 year olds that never happened and the parents having to explain why it said parents when no one asked or cared for years.

Usually I am not this much of a sarcastic jerk on here but this is just too much stupid for one thread.

Last edited by Tinawina; 05-13-2013 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
For the first time the department will collect income ‘from a dependent student’s legal parents regardless of the parents’ marital status or gender, if those parents live together,’ reports the Washington Times.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2T7NfXouw
Would you guys rather we didn't count the whole families income when determining financial aid?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
It's not an agenda, it's reality.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why? I call myself a mother, so does my partner. We are both mothers.
Exactly, which is why saying "mother and father" may not be PC, since some kids have two moms, or two dads.

Is it silly? Yes, but so are many of the new rules of political correctness. Somewhere a gay couple will be furious when their child be subjected to the "mother and father"assumptions, and in the world of political correctness, it only takes one person to feel offended, for the government to demand everyone else change to accommodate their wishes.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Why does it matter if you are called mother or father on a government form instead of parent?
Parent fits either mother or father.

Whereas father does not fit at all in my family, but parent would.
They are just all butt hurt that gays are included as parents too. They really do not want us to have any association with anything they deem precious, like marriage or being parents. Ah that word, parent, it encompasses father, mother, grand parents, guardians, gay parents of either sex. Come on all of you moaners and groaners, if you need it to say mother or father on a form to make you sure that you are the parents and are opposite sex parents and the names " John and Elizabeth" or what ever, then you really have problems. Would you rather they spend more printing up forms for straight parents, one for lesbian parents, one for gay male parents, one for single parents and one for gaurdians. One form for all, one form fits all, it covers all bases, simple.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Exactly, which is why saying "mother and father" may not be PC, since some kids have two moms, or two dads.

Is it silly? Yes, but so are many of the new rules of political correctness. Somewhere a gay couple will be furious when their child be subjected to the "mother and father"assumptions, and in the world of political correctness, it only takes one person to feel offended, for the government to demand everyone else change to accommodate their wishes.
How are you being asked to change?
Is a mother or father not a parent?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I'll bet that "Gender" will also be removed from the forms soon, and new names will be invented so it will be imossible to tell a persons gender based on their name.
Of curse, because some five year old who is undergoing sex change therapy will be confused when asked to write down one specific gender.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
How are you being asked to change?
Is a mother or father not a parent?
You'll have to ask the PC crowd that question. All I know is when they start moving their agenda, and rolling that ball of political correctness down the hill, there is no stopping it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies