U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,901,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It says, at the bottom of your link:

"This is a PARODY of the National Security Agency's website and has not been approved, endorsed, or authorized by the NSA or any US Government agency."
I posted info also. Got info all over about it.
NSA facility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:12 PM

40,106 posts, read 24,345,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I posted info also. Got info all over about it.
NSA facility
Yes, there's a facility being built to house data. A very big facility.

Yes, law enforcement agencies see a benefit in their having increased access to the private communications of citizens and non-citizens.

Yes, ordinary people like you and me don't want the government violating our privacy.

And.....????

Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yes, law enforcement agencies see a benefit in their having increased access to the private communications of citizens and non-citizens.

Yes, ordinary people like you and me don't want the government violating our privacy.

And.....????
Not sure what you are asking? What's next? Why bother? I also posted a link to contact reps, as someone suggested.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM

10,586 posts, read 10,766,202 times
Quote:

And.....????
Listening in or reading private communication is no big deal...No one will be able to access your mind...so why worry?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Listening in or reading private communication is no big deal...No one will be able to access your mind...so why worry?
How do you know?
Government Lab Reveals It Has Operated Quantum Internet For ...
Digital Evolution: DNA May Bring Computers to Life - LiveScience
Mind Reading Technology - Huffington Post

Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM

40,106 posts, read 24,345,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Not sure what you are asking? What's next? Why bother? I also posted a link to contact reps, as someone suggested.
What I'm saying is that this Utah facility is in and of itself nothing to fear. And that whenever law enforcement tries to push for additional surveillance powers, it is our obligation as citizens to push back, to demand that the need that law enforcement has is more pressing than our own need for privacy. I have long been concerned with privacy issues. I think the Patriot Act was a travesty. But if you want my honest opinion, I'm much more concerned with the casual way we cede away our privacy for convenience, when we put personal information out on the internet, when we digitalize our medical records, when we submit our taxes on-line, when we give personal information to grocery stores in exchange for discount cards. The hundreds of ways we give away our privacy without a second thought worries we more than the scenarios posited on this thread.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM

16,758 posts, read 9,106,172 times
Well Obama's Justice Dept is already spying on the media (AP):

Breaking News Today -->

Justice Department secretly obtained AP phone records | Fox News

Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that this Utah facility is in and of itself nothing to fear. And that whenever law enforcement tries to push for additional surveillance powers, it is our obligation as citizens to push back, to demand that the need that law enforcement has is more pressing than our own need for privacy. I have long been concerned with privacy issues. I think the Patriot Act was a travesty. But if you want my honest opinion, I'm much more concerned with the casual way we cede away our privacy for convenience, when we put personal information out on the internet, when we digitalize our medical records, when we submit our taxes on-line, when we give personal information to grocery stores in exchange for discount cards. The hundreds of ways we give away our privacy without a second thought worries we more than the scenarios posited on this thread.
This thread is not about that facility. Fear isn't the issue either. This is about giving free reign under the Big T guise. However, the other things you mention are also important. That is why I don't do those discount cards and opt out of many so-called svc options. I agree. However, DMV also sells you.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Well Obama's Justice Dept is already spying on the media (AP):

Breaking News Today -->

Justice Department secretly obtained AP phone records | Fox News
The irony is all this access and collection is leading to the vipers in the pit going after one another also.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM

4,937 posts, read 5,240,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That is not the point. I know there are eyes in the sky in the public and I don't care because there isn't anything I do that I don't want to be seen. But I do mind when my privacy is being invaded. Do you want every keystroke you make monitored? Do you want your privacy invaded? Do you really think this will make the world safer?

This is about data mining and the ability to invade the privacy of people in power or position and use information that they gather to their benefit and control. They will start at the top and work their way down until they have information on every US citizen.

Are you familiar with J Edgar Hoover and how far he wanted to go? This is a modern day J Edgar Hoover agenda.
I thought my emoticon gave away my sarcasm. I agree with you and many others in this thread.

Last edited by kaimuki; 05-13-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies