Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,496,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where are the chants of "Well if you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide" ?
Give it a little more time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,662,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
FBI Pushing Hard for Realtime Email, Gchat, Skype, and Dropbox Spying Powers

quote:
The FBI wants more power. That's not any particular kind of surprising, since the FBI always wants more power, but this push is notable for what's it's after: real time spy privileges for your online communication.
We should all oppose this and write our elected officials.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,782,792 times
Lazy way of collecting intelligence. So they all want to sit at a computer screen and know it all! What happened with going out into the field and dealing with actual people? If there are a couple of people who are going to conspire to do something bad...They are not going to chat on the computer or skype or leave E-mails. The serious bad guys do it the old fashioned way. The arrange for a meeting...travel...meet and talk face to face over coffee....WHO's gonna monitor that?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
FBI Pushing Hard for Realtime Email, Gchat, Skype, and Dropbox Spying Powers

quote:
The FBI wants more power. That's not any particular kind of surprising, since the FBI always wants more power, but this push is notable for what's it's after: real time spy privileges for your online communication.
The FBI needs these online rights (to combat online criminals.)

I have had my credit card # stolen online.
I constantly have to fear opening spam like emails (because of things like viruses.)
I always have to research websites before downloading (so I don't get a computer virus.)

Personally I am sick of the online criminals.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 AM

As long as the FBI does not bust my (friends) for small amounts of marijuana, I do not care if the FBI has 100% access to my computer.

I have nothing to hide from the FBI.

I wonder why all of you are scared of the FBI having access to your computer ??
What are you all hiding ??

I kinda don't trust you people (I want the FBI to have access to your computers.)

Last edited by chad3; 05-13-2013 at 06:03 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Give it a little more time.
You were 100% correct.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 AM

26,300 posts, read 14,897,823 times
I heard on NPR that the president is leaning towards agreeing with the FBI.

Remember though, this president also was opposed to the Patriot Act before he renewed it.

The old question of Order versus Liberty. We all want both, but too much Order and we lose Liberty....too much Liberty and we lose Order....where is the perfect balance....we will always argue over that.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The FBI needs these online rights (to combat online criminals.)

I have had my credit card # stolen online.
I constantly have to fear opening spam like emails (because of things like viruses.)
I always have to research websites before downloading (so I don't get a computer virus.)

Personally I am sick of the online criminals.
They more than have enough abilities now. The more information that is consolidated the greater the security risk. The same for powers. If someone has access to your email for example, which they already do, they can actually alter "evidence" as well and control data. They are simply asking for more free reign access under the Big T, which allows them to do whatever they want with no due process. Digital environments work both ways. The implications are huge.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,417,789 times
This is typical for a central planner like Obama.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I heard on NPR that the president is leaning towards agreeing with the FBI.

Remember though, this president also was opposed to the Patriot Act before he renewed it.

The old question of Order versus Liberty. We all want both, but too much Order and we lose Liberty....too much Liberty and we lose Order....where is the perfect balance....we will always argue over that.
Yeah that does tend to be BOs MO.

Commentary on Tim Clemente on Erin Burnett - Outfront CNN - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies