Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh. I thought the mainstream media were all colluding to make Obama look good and suppress the right-of-center viewpoint. Now it appears Fox is as mainstream as it gets.

How do you guys know when to change?
No. FOX doesn't live to make Obama look good. That is why Obama hates them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where else would viewers that don't believe in math and science, Fox News is the only network that meets their needs.

"The Five" has really distinguished themselves by their comments, I guess the ratings were down.

Fox News host confronted over ‘slanderous’ remarks linking Obama daughters to Benghazi

Fox News’ Andrea Tantaros Asks If Malia Obama Will Take Birth Control [Audio]
So what! The Five is a group discussing the news and giving comments. Much like The View, only a more intelligent forum. The libs don't miss a beat, always looking for soundbites they can pretend to be offended by. You people are pathetic.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No. FOX doesn't live to make Obama look good. That is why Obama hates them.
You may have missed the point, there.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm surprised Fox Business News hasn't done better. Lou Dobbs show is great, and Cavuto's is better than most of Fox News. Apparently, people would rather be entertained than learn something.
For a long time ... I was a Dobbs fan. When he was at CNN. Then he went over the cliff, lost his perspective and became just another right-wing extremist. He could be a positive force in financial reporting ... if he'd do so without so much bias. But being able to express his political bias is why he went to Fox. CNN wouldn't let him do that any more.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
For a long time ... I was a Dobbs fan. When he was at CNN. Then he went over the cliff, lost his perspective and became just another right-wing extremist. He could be a positive force in financial reporting ... if he'd do so without so much bias. But being able to express his political bias is why he went to Fox. CNN wouldn't let him do that any more.

Code for anyone thaty doesn't agree with everything that you do.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:28 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
If he held a liberal bias, you'd consider him a moderate? Is this how the rationale works, with any conservative an extremist? In other words, it's okay to be liberal biased, but not conservative biased.

That's a hypocritical view, isn't it?

Last edited by steven_h; 05-14-2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Lou Dobbs began to beieve his own propoganda and spiraled into unreality. No wonder he is on Faux Noise.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Lou Dobbs began to beieve his own propoganda and spiraled into unreality. No wonder he is on Faux Noise.
Would you not agree that all main-stream news sources have become propagandists?

I can't say that I've heard any conservative anchor exclaim "I felt a thrill going up my leg" or foment hate and justify cheating like Ed Schultz: "If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd try to vote ten times ... Yeah that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out!"

How is liberal propaganda better than conservative propaganda?

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Specific examples instead of ad hominen's please?

Old 05-14-2013, 02:55 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
Quote:

How does FOX having the biggest audience change that? Anyone who
watches CNBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC knows they are all cheerleaders for Obama. Would
you actually deny it?

Example: CNBC changed their motto to "Lean Forward" a week after Obama
said his 2012 slogan would be "Forward" It's isn't rocket science. Everyone
knows it, so why pretend it isn't so?

Fox news has always been extreme right, I don't think there is another that has the lean that Fox has.

Yes MSNBC, CNN, etc lean to the left in varying degrees. PBS is the only station on center.

Quote:

Is this your answer to my question; a disconnected rant that has nothing to

do with the discussion? I find it interesting that a person challenged with

staying on point, could infer that he/she understands math and science. The
math
simply doesn't add up.

I suspect that you won't give a straight answer to the question
Well here's your math problem, you are comparing one right wing station to 5 stations on the left, why wouldn't you expect the Fox News to have the largest single viewership, it's not really complicated, there are more options on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies