Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 01:12 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
When was there a 1968 riot?

As far as I know, Detroit has had 3 riots: 1863, 1943, and 1967
You would have to read HIStory. In HIStory, there was a 68 riot in Detroit, as well as many other things that we never knew of.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:16 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Most of the people who left Detroit moved before there was any proof of corruption. In fact, a recent Detroit article in the Free Press or News did the books and said that Coleman A Young was the most astute and financially sound Mayor since the 50's. He was the first black mayor and has been the longest running black mayor, having been mayor for 20 years. Yet, Coleman A young tenure is when much of the white flight ramped up. So there was no evidence of corruption when he was in office, despite many FBI probes. I should know because I was living in Detroit then.

In regards to crime, the black crime rate in America, for violent crime, is much higher among blacks than whites. Hence, the real reason that Detroit has a high national crime rate is because there is not a large enough percentage of white living in the city to offset the higher numbers in the black community, as is the case in a city like Chicago. Despite Chicago being known for gang land violence since Al Capone, the city has not lost over half its population and even now its always on the news for murders, yet, its never ranked in the top ten for per capita crime. That is because the city retained a large white and affluent population, unlike Detroit.
Just because colman young was good with the books doesnt mean he was not corrupt. I believe corruption was his downfall. Maybe he was too good with the books!

Heres a few links about it

http://eichikawa.com/2013/07/the-des...ack-obama.html

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on...orget-the-who/

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Somehow I just don't see that a bunch of leftists got together to move automaking overseas.

Now that the cheap labor plutocrats have ruined Detroit, they're busy trying to accomplish the same thing with the rest of America. Maybe you haven't noticed how these "capitalists" are in love with the communist Chinese workforce.
I refuse to pay some person $70 an hour to run an impact wrench.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Just because colman young was good with the books doesnt mean he was not corrupt. I believe corruption was his downfall. Maybe he was too good with the books!
I think that is says more about YOU, than it says about him, given that there is zero evidence of his corruption, even after many efforts by the FBI to find wrong doings linked to him. Coleman A Young was HATED by many primarily because he was brash, outspoken and unapologetic about his disdain for racism and lets be clear....who is denying that was a racist era of American history?

His corruption was that whites hated him. He was not a Negro that would bow down....and thus many wanted to BREAK HIM by seeing the city fail under him. Unlike the black mayors that followed, he KNEW that the spotlight was on him because he knew that many people were averse to a black mayor in that era. He, I am sure, was conscious of not giving those averse to black leadership any reason to bring down the image of blacks by being the first black mayor and then doing corrupt things. He understood the importance of doing a good job and that is why in retrospect, the media finally has admitted that he ran the best ship since the 50's.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I think that is says more about YOU, than it says about him, given that there is zero evidence of his corruption, even after many efforts by the FBI to find wrong doings linked to him. Coleman A Young was HATED by many primarily because he was brash, outspoken and unapologetic about his disdain for racism and lets be clear....who is denying that was a racist era of American history?

His corruption was that whites hated him.

Heres another link.

Detroit's Collapse: The Young Years - National American history | Examiner.com

I grew up in metro detroit while young was mayor of detroit. If you think he was not corrupt you might be the only one to think that. Just because someone is smart enough not to get caught doesnt mean they are innocent.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Detroit politicians and Unions were corrupt and rotten to the core.

This is the end result of that collusion.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Heres another link.

Detroit's Collapse: The Young Years - National American history | Examiner.com

I grew up in metro detroit while young was mayor of detroit. If you think he was not corrupt you might be the only one to think that. Just because someone is smart enough not to get caught doesnt mean they are innocent.
So let me follow your logic. No evidence is evidence? If that is your logic, then is not all mayors, who have not been proven guilty of corruption, therefore guilty of corruption as well? To me, you are making a distinction without a difference. In other words, every mayor not found guilty of corruption is AS guilty of corruption as Coleman Young, which makes Coleman Young normative, in regards to mayors, and not some anomaly that is responsible for the loss of population due to corruption.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
So let me follow your logic. No evidence is evidence? If that is your logic, then is not all mayors, who have not been proven guilty of corruption, therefore guilty of corruption as well? To me, you are making a distinction without a difference. In other words, every mayor not found guilty of corruption is AS guilty of corruption as Coleman Young, which makes Coleman Young normative, in regards to mayors, and not some anomaly that is responsible for the loss of population due to corruption.
So if someone robs a bank and never gets caught hes innocent?

Sorry to tell you but not every corrupt person gets caught. It was widely known that colman young was corrupt. But you must think all those people just were racist and colman young was innocent and a victom. Wow what a mindset. That sets you up to be taken and minupulated.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
So if someone robs a bank and never gets caught hes innocent?

Sorry to tell you but not every corrupt person gets caught. It was widely known that colman young was corrupt. But you must think all those people just were racist and colman young was innocent and a victom. Wow what a mindset. That sets you up to be taken and minupulated.
One first needs the EVIDENCE that the particular individual was involved in a bank robbery. Where is the proof of Coleman Young's corruption? Now, I can present you proof that whites have been very racist in America, to the degree that they would indeed try to bring a black man down. San Francisco Bay View » What happened to Black Wall Street on June 1, 1921?

Its like I said.....there is a segment of society that is hell bent on the narrative that racism has been inconsequential. This, despite over 3 centuries of RECORD. Racism produced no reaction or impact and we are to believe that despite being in a racist nation, in 1970, that it is absurd to believe that Coleman Young could be impacted by racism....lol. That is just too absurd and its really an assault on the intelligence of every reader.

This is akin to a massive release of radiation in an area, like Fukashima Japan, but then acting like the radiation has no ill effects on those who exist within the area. Racism is like radiation poisoning and many whites want to forward the narrative that despite being in a radiation field, no problems are the result of the radiation. This is because such people are to heavily invested in a conservative narrative and or they are trying to sanitize white history and or they do not want to be burdened with the moral or financial responsibility of the wrongs.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-28-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 02:44 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I refuse to pay some person $70 an hour to run an impact wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Detroit politicians and Unions were corrupt and rotten to the core.
This is the end result of that collusion.
Okay Rushbo, "opinion" noted. Funny how dittoheads with the least knowledge about a subject still claim to know all about it. Understandable because lies, misinformation, and parroting Limbaugh is all you got.
BTW, you ever pay an auto mechanic?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-28-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies