Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe not in Baton Rouge, but I've been subjected to White-on-Black violence myself living where I did in suburban Atlanta.
Maybe you'd care to explain ? Ever been a victim of Black on Black crime ?

Too bad this family didn't have a concealed handgun to protect themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A man takes his wife (recovering from cancer) and 14-year-old daughter into the worst part of the city after dark and not only stops at a gas station...he goes inside to pay (I guess it's possible his card wasn't working).

I'm pretty sure if this guy was in the habit of carrying a gun he would have accidentally shot and killed his whole family by now.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:05 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe you'd care to explain ? Ever been a victim of Black on Black crime ?

Okay, I will explain. I was at the creek getting some peace and quiet, and enjoying nature. I got pelted with rocks by two White teenagers, for no reason. Another incident involved a White teenager shooting me with a paintball gun.

And I have been victimized by Black-on-Black violence as well. A group of Black teenagers jumped me while I was jogging.

A gun would help one to protect one's self.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM

348 posts, read 336,096 times
or one could accidentally blow one's nuts off, if not holstered correctly.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,670,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay, I will explain. I was at the creek getting some peace and quiet, and enjoying nature. I got pelted with rocks by two White teenagers, for no reason. Another incident involved a White teenager shooting me with a paintball gun.
i definitely believe your story. i heard stories growing up about white kids that would drive around shooting black people with paintball guns.

of course i also know a white guy who got shot in the ass with a pistol, through his car door, by a black guy in some random road rage event. there are tons of stories out there from different people doing different things in different places.

my point is more that when i read the details of this story, i can't imagine it happening the other way around. i can't imagine a gas station in a predominantly white area of baton rouge, where a crowd of white adults just stood there watching other whites smash a black family into the concrete.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:30 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i definitely believe your story. i heard stories growing up about white kids that would drive around shooting black people with paintball guns.

of course i also know a white guy who got shot in the ass with a pistol, through his car door, by a black guy in some random road rage event. there are tons of stories out there from different people doing different things in different places.

my point is more that when i read the details of this story, i can't imagine it happening the other way around. i can't imagine a gas station in a predominantly white area of baton rouge, where a crowd of white adults just stood there watching other whites smash a black family into the concrete.
I think for me, I could imagine Black on White violence, but not the situation you just mentioned. A group of Blacks beating up a White person, I could imagine because I've heard it before. I have never heard of an entire crowd of Blacks watching as a group of Blacks sit and attack. I don't think it would be unheard of. However, I've never personally heard of it, until today. I've heard of incidents where Black families started moving into parts of Chicago in the 50s and 60s and faced crowds of Whites inflicting violence. Maybe not in Baton Rouge. However, I don't think such behavior is unheard of. Parts of New Orleans descended into a race war after the storm.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No kidding. Sounds like you are afraid of your own shadow. Very sad.
Too many system fails to suit me... 3 strikes and your out and the system has failed that many times if not more. I lost count sometime back after the murders.

From now on I will tend to my own security thank you. I carry a gun because i can. Did you know both cops and criminals also carry a gun?

The fact that you are dependent on your security from a guy who is only expert in pastry tastings isn't very comforting to me.

You see i don;t hide in a box like you probably do and i don't be in after dark like you probably do and half the time I have no idea where i am, unlike you.

After i crossed the USA with my wife on the bike and we turned back east to make Fla, somewhere leaving Fla I made a mistake and instead of ending up in New England we ended up in Oklahoma.

That was ok as i have seen about every road there is in New England.

I have seen cops before too...... I never depend on them for security.... On a good day if I called and they felt like coming it would take 20 minutes to get here, if they left before the phone call ended.

They never move that fast. Where i live if a man wants something done he does it himself.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The dude shouldn't have worn a pink suit.

That is gay.
I wear pink shirts when I get in a bad mood. If that doesn't work the kilt usually does it

In the 21st it's not very hard to find stupid.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Could this be a hate crime?
No, it isn't possible for a black on white act of violence to be a hate crime. Only the other way around can it be a hate crime.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't care, and I don't really care for Sharpton, or Jackson. They are a bunch of opportunists for the most part.
No, those 2 are racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies