U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM

22,707 posts, read 16,808,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
That it's not about blue vs. red, D vs. R, or "liberal" vs. "conservative?"

That it's about the behind the scenes tyrants who buy off the politicians (of both parties)--namely the Wall St. bankers and lobbyists?

That it's about the corporate MSM who keeps us in constant fear so we'll sacrifice our liberties to be "safe?"

That it's about keeping us in fear so we constantly fight each other, while ignoring the theft, looting, and destruction of everything around us?

That we now live in a police state?

That both parties are 99% the same?

Anyone?
Of course I realize it. Why do you think I did not support the GOP this last election? Because lunatics live on both sides. I'm conservative but the GOP hasn't been looking like conservatives in far too long and then they throw us that fricken joke called Romney? WTH was that?!

I got crap from both the left and right and frankly I think they're all insane and equally idiotic. What one accuses the other of doing, one does the same. This is really evident when it comes to screaming headlines and the righteous indignation that spouts from their mouths. Neither side wants to shut the hell up, sit down and discuss like rational adults.

Both sides act like children who are being fed in a high chair. They don't like it, they throw their arm up, push it away and start screaming.

Meanwhile, being drowned out are those of us who are saying, "Are you all really this fricken blind?!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM

8,347 posts, read 1,914,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Indeed.

I was just trying to make it more simple for the drones. You know they hate to read anything.

The AoC was the greatest document ever written. Madison would have made himself King if Jefferson hadn't monkeywrenched it.

For the drones. read the Articles of Confederation and the Federalist Papers.
So very true. I get tears in my eyes when I read the AoC and then realize what we've become.

I especially love this paragraph:

The united States in congress assembled shall never engage in a war, nor grant letters of marque or reprisal in time of peace, nor enter into any treaties or alliances, nor coin money, nor regulate the value thereof, nor ascertain the sums and expenses necessary for the defense and welfare of the United States, or any of them, nor emit bills, nor borrow money on the credit of the united States, nor appropriate money, nor agree upon the number of vessels of war, to be built or purchased, or the number of land or sea forces to be raised, nor appoint a commander in chief of the army or navy, unless nine States assent to the same: nor shall a question on any other point, except for adjourning from day to day be determined, unless by the votes of the majority of the united States in congress assembled.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,900,673 times
I think it is more about being human. All this other stuff is just part of the corporate enslavement system. (i.e. left vs right are both just corps) I am constantly amazed at what peeps will do to other peeps.
Molested: My Unlawful Encounter With TSA

National Opt Out Day WACUtah Part 1 - YouTube

National Opt Out Day WACUtah Part 2 - YouTube

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,887,812 times
Why we argue about the two sides in general is beyond rationale thinking. Yes we each belong to one side over the other.

Does this make them both equal, nope not on your life, there is a complete utter bias out there to shelter and make one appear more special then the other. To hide any negative about one side, while degrading the other side no matter what they do.

In reality they are both the same, with a few different agendas, they both lie, steal, have their own agenda, with each it is do as we say not as we do. They are hypocrites we each argue about.

I would like someone new and fresh, with some new ideals, a good business sense for our businesses, someone who does not talk smooth, but also acts on his or her promises. A person who has a good vision for America as we once were King now a pauper. With these two sides, going at it as they both do, not one both of them, i am totally sick of it. Nothing will get accomplished, one side thinks their **** don't stink, and the other side feels, they know what is best. Both sides, need a major overhaul in my opinion.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,256,578 times
Quote:
Is there anyone else here who realizes it's not about left vs. right, but instead liberty vs. tyranny?

Yes. You're right. If we allow the RWNJs, the Anti-American extremists have their way ... we lose our liberties and live under the boot of tyranny. Thanks for recognizing that.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,728,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
it's about the Progressives in both parties vs the lovers of the American Constitution and the Bill of Rights...
Eh another broad brush. . .with no real reality

The constitution does not define the governments ability for or against tyranny. It is a document written by man and enforced by man. Just as laws can be just and unjust, so is the constitution (which allowed slavery for instance)

Progressive updates of the constitution could be both good and/or bad

Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM

8,347 posts, read 1,914,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Of course I realize it. Why do you think I did not support the GOP this last election? Because lunatics live on both sides. I'm conservative but the GOP hasn't been looking like conservatives in far too long and then they throw us that fricken joke called Romney? WTH was that?!

I got crap from both the left and right and frankly I think they're all insane and equally idiotic. What one accuses the other of doing, one does the same. This is really evident when it comes to screaming headlines and the righteous indignation that spouts from their mouths. Neither side wants to shut the hell up, sit down and discuss like rational adults.

Both sides act like children who are being fed in a high chair. They don't like it, they throw their arm up, push it away and start screaming.

Meanwhile, being drowned out are those of us who are saying, "Are you all really this fricken blind?!"
Did you support Ron Paul or Gary Johnson?

Or were they too "kooky" for you?

Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,008,091 times
Pat Caddell has been talking about this and explains it well:

"government no longer operates by the consent of the governed, it’s rigged against the ordinary citizen by lobbyists, special interests, and corruption, and as a Gallup poll announced today, two-thirds of Americans believe Congress cares more about retaining their power, even to the detriment of the country, than they do about serving and preserving the country."

"The former pollster thought the saying posted by James Carville in the Clinton war room codifies it best: “It’s the corruption stupid,” calling out the American press for no longer reporting the news, but purposely controlling the truth to protect the President "

"“The media deserted their duty to protect the people from power, not impose power on them,” Caddell criticized and the dereliction of duty doesn’t stop there. “Everyone in Washington is interested in preserving power and privilege. The country can’t survive that system anymore.” Caddell noted that across the board, polling shows 70-75% of Americans hate the political class in Washington."

Caddell: Three-quarters say America no longer run by consent of governed - WatchdogWire - Texas

Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,728,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think it is more about being human. All this other stuff is just part of the corporate enslavement system. (i.e. left vs right are both just corps) I am constantly amazed at what peeps will do to other peeps.
Molested: My Unlawful Encounter With TSA

National Opt Out Day WACUtah Part 1 - YouTube

National Opt Out Day WACUtah Part 2 - YouTube
at the very least this guy is trespassing. . .I mean I support rights, but you can't come into my business and protest.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:06 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,311,939 times
Actually it's the American left and Obama versus real Americans, but Obama's supporters will never figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies