Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I will acknowledge he goes after the left at times. But at his core, he is still a Progressive. And like it or not, that is big government, more powerful government. Which is the opposite of what this country was founded on. We dont need progressivism in this country
Sounds much like the things the King likely said that caused the Pilgrims to come here in the first place.

"If you aren't going to be a member of the Church of England we do not need you here anyway".

Last edited by pknopp; 05-14-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He didnt really help expose anything here. It was big news, and hed look foolish to not talk about it. But watch, I expect he will find a way to blame conservatives for something regarding this rather than the Administration.
Sigh. Do you have any reason to suspect that he will do this? Do you have some evidence of him doing similar things in the past? Or are you just making things up to try desperately to maintain a caricature painted by right wing nut who make a living selling myths to rage addicts, but which in actuality bears no resemblance to what people like Stewart are really like?

We've had 5+ years of liberals and progressives relentlessly attacking the Obama administration for its lack of will, its lack of principle, its penchant for misbehavior, and its total refusal to even attempt to shake things up. And for all that time, we've had a bunch of liars on right wing radio/TV/blogs/fake "news" sites claiming that liberals act like Obama is the second coming of Jesus Christ and does no wrong.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
Does anyone know why Mika said she was wrong and Joe was right today? Heard about it but missed the details. Thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
I think it was great. He pointed out the damage to public trust these stupid scandals cause. What the hell was going on? I really don't know, but it ain't pretty. He is pissed because this just feeds the conspiracy theories and crazies. As it should. It was very unprofessional.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,495 times
Jon Stewart isn't that funny and, in the video, misstates an important fact. He implies that political groups are eligible for tax exempt status. In fact, the primary activity of groups seeking 501(c)(4) tax exempt status (the status the Tea Party groups sought) must be a "social welfare" activity, an activity which explicitly excludes participation in political campaigns.

Internal Revenue Manual - 7.25.4 Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations and Local Associations of Employees

Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
He always calls out Democrats. Have you been living under a rock or something?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Fuinny piece, usual great job by Stewart pointing out the hypocracy as in since when has the IRS accepted "I am sorry" as an excuse.
That one did make me laugh out loud.

"Remember when I said I had a farm? I really just had a salad.

So.....

sorry."

hahahahahaha

Old 05-15-2013, 12:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sounds much like the things the King likely said that caused the Pilgrims to come here in the first place.

"If you aren't going to be a member of the Church of England we do not need you here anyway".
Actually, he wasn't that polite.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Little Miss IRS isn't good at math and lil' mister POTUS isn't good with law and the Constitution.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
“I wouldn’t be surprised if President Obama learned Osama bin Laden had been killed when he saw himself announce it on television.”

Video: Jon Stewart notably unimpressed with Obama’s executive ability « Hot Air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEjv3CQ0m0

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies