Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yep, nothing makes a kid feel more wanted than telling them they were part of a science project performed for your own desires.
At least they weren't "oops" babies after a drunken night at the bar. They were planned for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
So now the word mother has lost it's worth? The word father is also worthless? The person who bares the child out of their body is the mother. The male that fertilized the woman is the father. Anything else is just some fantasy. A man who is not the father is not the father. Why should a tradition that shows respect for a mother or father be pushed aside in order to pacify a tiny minority? Maybe those who live alternative life styles should just mind their own business and leave things alone..People tolerate those that are different...The tolerance will cease in time if they continue to be pushy.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 AM

25 posts, read 31,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
At least they weren't "oops" babies after a drunken night at the bar. They were planned for.
I had a "opps baby". We were in passionate love on a camping trip and opps, my son was born 9 months later. I know my son isn't as holy as your planned ones probably are. I even had a Christian friend of mine tell me he was going to go to hell because I wasn't going to put that silly water on his head to redeem him from sin. I am sure many opps babies have brought couples together and make loving homes. I don't think you need to be a judgmental right winged holier than thou to be the only proper one to raise a child. In fact some of the worst parenting I ever seen growing up has been in strict religious house holds.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I suggest they add an "Unwanted Bastard's Day". That would be bigger than Mommie and Daddies day combined.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:02 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Now that the new norm includes families with two husbands or two wives, I think the whole notion of "Mother's Day" and "Father's Day" is highly inappropriate.

There will soon be children, if there aren't already, who will be going to school and don't have a mother because they have two fathers. Or they might have two mothers and no father.

It's pretty insensitive and demeaning to these kids to have a holiday that doesn't include them. How are they supposed to feel when all of their friends are enjoying and celebrating their mother or father when they don't have one.

At this point, since we are moving into the absurd alternative reality that all liberals want to take us to, it seems appopriate to start destroying and eliminating anything that differentiates between the genders. We should start with Mother's Day and Father's Day. If we simply have an all-encompassing Parents' Day, then that includes all LGBT parents without hurting anyone else's feelings.
Awww, still having a tantrum because most normal people support gay marriage?

You know families raising children are comprised of a multitude of different structures. And since the divorce rate is over 50% the number of "traditional" families 1 mom + 1 dad is on the decline, and no one is to blame but the couples involved.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
I had a "opps baby". We were in passionate love on a camping trip and opps, my son was born 9 months later. I know my son isn't as holy as your planned ones probably are. I even had a Christian friend of mine tell me he was going to go to hell because I wasn't going to put that silly water on his head to redeem him from sin. I am sure many opps babies have brought couples together and make loving homes. I don't think you need to be a judgmental right winged holier than thou to be the only proper one to raise a child. In fact some of the worst parenting I ever seen growing up has been in strict religious house holds.
You are so barking up the wrong tree.
I am not religious, or right wing. I was defending my family from someone who called my children a "science project" because we used a sperm donor.
I wish all the best to you and your family.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What about test tube babies? Eliminate any family relation day, you horrible people... Don't you realize babies will be synthetically made in the future... Liberals are so short-sighted...
Mucking about with genetics is a sore spot for me. But, this is rather a seperate issue. We beat up tbe subject of genetic and surgical alteration on another thread. There has been a lot of trepidation about "designer babies" and such, but tbat is a splinter "science"has from basic atificial insemination. We use artsem in cattle and horses, all the time.

And, it is a routine procedure throughout the medical world. I understand, and agree, with you on genetic alteration, prior to implant, but, that is not an accepted practice. And never should be. Nuf said.

I also understand tbe issue a lot of folks have with vay couples using surrogacy and artsem, az many see it as a disruption of the natural order. Making procreation possible by argificial means, when procreation is naturally impossible. It makez tbe thought of gays raising gays, forcing the children into the "lifestyle" by environmental and phycological parenting tactics, spring to mind. (Sigh)ok ....maybe some do. Most, I think, do not. Heterosexual couples are guilty of using children in nasty ways, az well. As weapons in divorce cases, false allegations of sexual molestation, trying to turn the child against one parent, or the other, etc. I ,personally, think this is far more common tban brainwashing children to be gay.

Anyway, I could go on and on. Times a wasting and daylights burning. Dasvadania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies