Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Kiera Wilmot's Science Experiment is Felony Thanks to Zero-Tolerance Policies

Homer Hickam laughs at these shenanigans.

October Sky Official Trailer #1 - (1999) HD - YouTube

Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
this is what America has become under the statist policies of the last 60 to 70 years.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Wow. When I was a kid, I made a crapload of creative explosive things, with the black powder I had for my muzzleloaders. Never harmed anything, just experimenting. Now, I would end up in a Federal interrovation room, for playing around like that. I never made anything huge. It all amounted to flash/bang stuff. We never thought twice about it. Ranch kids . We were an industrious bunch. Lol

Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Yeah, Homer Hickam became a NASA engineer, and he started out by blowing things up. I wasn't one much for blowing things up as a kid (unless you count killing animals for food.) But I did like taking things apart...especially electronic things, to see how they work, or steal a motor from this broke thing and attach it to something else, etc. Guess that's why I got the job I have today. Always wanted to understand how things work. Take a look at that girl's picture. WHen I see her, I don't think "Felony." I'm thinking like "A+" student. Give the girl some slack.

When I was a kid, we had a stoner in our high school chemistry class. This *%()$*)(% decided it would be funny to turn on all the Bunsen burners....in the class ...without anything attached to them. From what I heard, after the evacuation, was that if that room had ignited, it would have destroyed an entire wing of the school. Like imagine you just walked into a Dollar General sitting beside 15 other Dollar Generals, and all of them just exploded and killed everyone inside.

He got a 5 day suspension. Which basically means he's going to summer school, but still. In my eyes, they should've put him in jail.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, Homer Hickam became a NASA engineer, and he started out by blowing things up. I wasn't one much for blowing things up as a kid (unless you count killing animals for food.) But I did like taking things apart...especially electronic things, to see how they work, or steal a motor from this broke thing and attach it to something else, etc. Guess that's why I got the job I have today. Always wanted to understand how things work. Take a look at that girl's picture. WHen I see her, I don't think "Felony." I'm thinking like "A+" student. Give the girl some slack.

When I was a kid, we had a stoner in our high school chemistry class. This *%()$*)(% decided it would be funny to turn on all the Bunsen burners....in the class ...without anything attached to them. From what I heard, after the evacuation, was that if that room had ignited, it would have destroyed an entire wing of the school. Like imagine you just walked into a Dollar General sitting beside 15 other Dollar Generals, and all of them just exploded and killed everyone inside.

He got a 5 day suspension. Which basically means he's going to summer school, but still. In my eyes, they should've put him in jail.
I can't tell you how much gun cotton, friends of mine and I made while in junior high. We had a blast with it. Nowadays, it would get you landed in federal prison.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Principal. "She's a great kid who meant no harm...........but I called the police and had them arrest her anyway".

Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow. When I was a kid, I made a crapload of creative explosive things, with the black powder I had for my muzzleloaders. Never harmed anything, just experimenting. Now, I would end up in a Federal interrovation room, for playing around like that. I never made anything huge. It all amounted to flash/bang stuff. We never thought twice about it. Ranch kids . We were an industrious bunch. Lol
When I was a kid, we got A+'s for those kinds of projects.

I'm sure glad I'm not in school these days. I would be kicked out in a heartbeat.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
My friends and I used to make beakers explode for ****s and grins in chemistry class. They probably could've been considered IEDs considering the glass would've flew all over the place and acted as shrapnel of sorts if we didn't take precautions against it. Nerd kicks

Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
When I was a kid, we got A+'s for those kinds of projects.

I'm sure glad I'm not in school these days. I would be kicked out in a heartbeat.
I was only 12 when I built my first muzzleloader. Used to be able to walk into Ace Hardware, and walk out with a few pounds of FFFg, and caps too. $2.50 a pound. Sheesh, we made rockets, scale cannons, flash bangs, tennis ball grenades, etc. Lol, water proof 12/60 fuse was available as well. We never made any frag stuff. We weren't that crazy. A 1/4 # tennis ball bomb was sufficiently impressive, anx would move a fair sized boulder, or shake up the frog pond.

We even experimented with combining aluminum and magnesium powder with the FFFg, with ...interesting...results.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Liberalism strikes again. As a black girl, maybe this episode was enough to drive her off the plantation. With a little bit of introspection, she could easily rationalize why its not a good idea to be a Democrat like her parents undoubtedly are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies