U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 AM

11,368 posts, read 18,562,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
well lk you may not be far off, some believe that end times in the bible describes russia and china coming together with iran to defeat Israel and of course the US with them.
I'm not one to follow theories like these too closely,though it's things that make you think "why" or "how" they came to these conclusions.

A war with Russia or China would probably lead to a nuclear exchange,to what degree who knows,but it's something to avoid unless we are attacked,and this is why we need to stop and look,catch our breath before we (AND THEY) turn the middle east (and maybe us) into glass crystals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 09:03 AM

8,632 posts, read 9,155,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'm not one to follow theories like these too closely,though it's things that make you think "why" or "how" they came to these conclusions.

A war with Russia or China would probably lead to a nuclear exchange,to what degree who knows,but it's something to avoid unless we are attacked,and this is why we need to stop and look,catch our breath before we turn the middle east (and maybe us) into glass crystals.
I hear ya, my point is we need to take all these guys very seriously and not stick our heads in the sand , and say not our problem!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 AM

11,368 posts, read 18,562,952 times
Quote:
I hear ya, my point is we need to take all these guys very seriously and not stick our heads in the sand , and say not our problem!
I agree we must stand up,be taken seriously but yet again this is were my support for RP comes in,we must not be aggitators in the world either.

In your personal community watching out for your neighborhood and talking to your neighbors is not sticking your head in the sand but getting busy in their personal lives is involving in affairs none of your business.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I agree we must stand up,be taken seriously but yet again this is were my support for RP comes in,we must not be aggitators in the world either.

In your personal community watching out for your neighborhood and talking to your neighbors is not sticking your head in the sand but getting busy in their personal lives is involving in affairs none of your business.
yes, and when one of them starts making threats about killing another or my family then I am going to shut him down! Trust me ,I take my neighborhood very seriously!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

5,396 posts, read 7,059,389 times
Quote:
yes, and when one of them starts making threats about killing another or my family then I am going to shut him down! Trust me ,I take my neighborhood very seriously!
Or another way to look at it is that US aggression in other areas of the world has led Russia and China to start forming bonds in the first place. So through our own agression we would be fulfilling the Biblical prophecies. Ironic.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Or another way to look at it is that US aggression in other areas of the world has led Russia and China to start forming bonds in the first place. So through our own agression we would be fulfilling the Biblical prophecies. Ironic.
yeah, you could look at it that way!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 AM

13,781 posts, read 23,760,639 times
Quote:
Not in my opionion. I think China and Russia are very rapidly spinning away from each other, and any bond they form would be very tentative. I do not see them as allies at all in the longer term picture.

Iran is a short term problem, hopefully to be constructively resolved either economically or otherwise.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Not in my opionion. I think China and Russia are very rapidly spinning away from each other, and any bond they form would be very tentative. I do not see them as allies at all in the longer term picture.

Iran is a short term problem, hopefully to be constructively resolved either economically or otherwise.
I agree with all of that. China will be the next Global superpower. My fear is we would do something rash in the short term that would cause Iran to be a flashpoint, with us on one side of the fence, and them on the other. Thus potentially fulfilling the prophecies that Silas has shared with us.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM

13,781 posts, read 23,760,639 times
Quote:
I agree with all of that. China will be the next Global superpower. My fear is we would do something rash in the short term that would cause Iran to be a flashpoint, with us on one side of the fence, and them on the other. Thus potentially fulfilling the prophecies that Silas has shared with us.
Sure, but frankly I don't think China cares much about what we would do in Iran, while I think Russia would be very concerned. With the actions taken by Putin over the past couple of years, I'm not really much interested in his opinions at this time. I don't see much in negotiating with him. I think the European Union, in conjunction with the USA, should make very friendly and aggressive overtures to Georgia and the Ukraine, and bring them over as full fledged trading partners. I want to turn Russia vs Georgia/Ukraine into what Seoul vs Pyongyang look like today (ultimately causing Russian folks to get upset with their own gov't).

This is why I don't give a whit about Russia or China when it comes to Iran. When push comes to shove, I expect nothing more than noise, and posturing. China has too many internal economic and production problems to solve today to care about Iran, they want to expand their credibility to their sales market. Russia already stinks, how do you think this will make them worse?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Sure, but frankly I don't think China cares much about what we would do in Iran, while I think Russia would be very concerned. With the actions taken by Putin over the past couple of years, I'm not really much interested in his opinions at this time. I don't see much in negotiating with him. I think the European Union, in conjunction with the USA, should make very friendly and aggressive overtures to Georgia and the Ukraine, and bring them over as full fledged trading partners. I want to turn Russia vs Georgia/Ukraine into what Seoul vs Pyongyang look like today (ultimately causing Russian folks to get upset with their own gov't).

This is why I don't give a whit about Russia or China when it comes to Iran. When push comes to shove, I expect nothing more than noise, and posturing. China has too many internal economic and production problems to solve today to care about Iran, they want to expand their credibility to their sales market. Russia already stinks, how do you think this will make them worse?
Well who knows? I do think differently about your comment that China does not care about Iran. I have read China has been increasing energy trade exponentially with Iran in oil and natural gas to meet its growing energy needs, and has along with Russia been supplying Iran with advanced military technology and missiles in recent years. Would China actually take arms up aginast us, probably not. But I could see them indirectly providing support to Iran inthe event of a crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies