Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,876,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well I heard the one cop say they had a warrant, apparently tbis was a domestic violence complaint. And it sounds like they Tazed the wife, who I assume was the complaintant, or at least the reported "victim". Nice. They show up, in force, did not produce the supposed warrant, kick down the door, enter with weapons drawn, and Taze the first target of opportunity. Hell, I wouldn't have let the in either. And they sure as death and taxes would have put their supposed warrant in my hands. I do not consider a uniform and a badge a justification for demanding my compliance, particularly in my own home!

Yea, they would have hax to Taze me, at the very least, to stop me from resisting. This is so far over the top, it requires an oxygen mask. I could see NO cause for armed, forced entry, and deploying Tazers. The way they came on, they put themselves in the position to worry about resistance.

Here in NV, our Constitution has a provision that gives citizens the RIGHT to resist an unlawful arrest. Sheesh, it seems cops think that badge makes them judge and jury, on scene. What is this country heading to? Seems not a day goes by, any more, that you don't hear about an incident like this, and nothing ever comes of it. We the People, are the enemy, which they are trained and authorized to engage, with standing orders to employ force, up to and including lethal force, to guarantee civilian compliance in ALL situations. It's an advancemeng of LE power that needs to be stopped, cold!
The constitution no longer applies. As someone else so elegantly put it, we are merely tenants with a deed to our home, but we do not own that piece of land it's on, and property rights have changed.

They will now enter as they please. (at their own risk, of course )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:45 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,444,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Hahaha ! Wait until you; or a loved one gets a beat down by a coptard...you'll change your tune.
But i'm not ignorant enough to use one bad cop to represent all cops.
"OMG my cat bit me!! you know what that means? ALL CATS ARE VIOLENT!!!!"

Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Indeed she was!!!!

WHY DIDNT SHE SHOW IT IF SHE HAD IT??

They lie whenever they want TO SUIT THIER AGENDA!!!!!!!

I don't know where you are from, but they knock on the door and then kick it in when they have a warrant in hand, even if the door is unlocked.
Got one sheriff deputy killed here.
3 am, the guy didn't hear the knock on the door, but he heard the crash of it getting kicked in and in the dark, started popping off 44. mags. Then he is on death row for killing a cop. There was no drugs found in the home, which the warrant was for.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,918,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I agree and I'm not really a fan of the cops. Anyhow, someone made a call to them....what are the cops supposed to do, take the guy's word for it that there is no domestic violence? Bet no one ever tried that line on them before.
You are right police are supposed to show up. However, there was not sufficient evidence of an issue. As far as breaking down a door and tazering a woman in her on home because she has a camera that is actually criminal as far as I am concerned.
Anybody can call the police, doesn't even mean anything is going on.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,918,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I haven't seen anybody here state all cops were like this. Why would you say that? People are responsible for their behaviour whatever they do for a living.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
With daily reports of this kind of incident, streaming from all across the US, I can't see the logic in this defense. Tbis type of thing has become more and more prevelant. It got off the ground in the early 90s, with Federal forces, ala Ruby Ridge and Waco. It has spiraled, out of order, since 9/11 and the Patriot Act, into state and local LE.

This isn't just a couple rouge individuals, and rare, scattered incidents. This a broad abuse of authority, with sanctioned misuse of both lethal and non lethal force. Cops are hitting the streets, red and free. Warrantless entries, Tazer use as the go to negotiating tool, use of lethal force under VERY light scrutiny, and crass, tbugish behavior as an accepted norm. The use of profanity in dealing with citizens is rampant as well, and not just with violent suspects, in dangerous calls. Like as not, if you question a police officer, and do not immediatly comply with any and all "orders" given, you will hear the F bomb dropped in carpet pattern, before 40000 volts convulses your body, and the cuffs are slammed on while a knee cuts off your wind. All this can, and does, happen on traffic stops or a call to mediate a disagreement between citizens.

It's a become commonplace for force to be used, in situations that don't support it. And it happens every, single day, even as we speak. A high percentage goes unreported, and still there is a flood that is reported. The percentages of this kind of action by police, is, therefore, VERY high.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,159,269 times
I hear a female state at the 10-11 second mark, "We have a warrant".

That being said, there were wrongs all the way around here. The home owner, if they wanted to make a statement, made one, that's for sure. The police appeared to have improperly entered the premises, I am sure we will hear more about this.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,378,490 times
There is absolutely no context to the video.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,444,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
With daily reports of this kind of incident, streaming from all across the US, I can't see the logic in this defense. Tbis type of thing has become more and more prevelant. It got off the ground in the early 90s, with Federal forces, ala Ruby Ridge and Waco. It has spiraled, out of order, since 9/11 and the Patriot Act, into state and local LE.

This isn't just a couple rouge individuals, and rare, scattered incidents. This a broad abuse of authority, with sanctioned misuse of both lethal and non lethal force. Cops are hitting the streets, red and free. Warrantless entries, Tazer use as the go to negotiating tool, use of lethal force under VERY light scrutiny, and crass, tbugish behavior as an accepted norm. The use of profanity in dealing with citizens is rampant as well, and not just with violent suspects, in dangerous calls. Like as not, if you question a police officer, and do not immediatly comply with any and all "orders" given, you will hear the F bomb dropped in carpet pattern, before 40000 volts convulses your body, and the cuffs are slammed on while a knee cuts off your wind. All this can, and does, happen on traffic stops or a call to mediate a disagreement between citizens.

It's a become commonplace for force to be used, in situations that don't support it. And it happens every, single day, even as we speak. A high percentage goes unreported, and still there is a flood that is reported. The percentages of this kind of action by police, is, therefore, VERY high.
Lol it's like talking to a bunch of children...
They don't talk about good cops on the news, just the bad ones. This is not common, you don't know what you are talking about. You just see a couple bad cop news stories and label all cops bad cops? Lol.
I know cops and used to work with cops. I know what I am talking about.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,501,614 times
Quote:
Lol it's like talking to a bunch of children...
They don't talk about good cops on the news, just the bad ones. This is not common, you don't know what you are talking about. You just see a couple bad cop news stories and label all cops bad cops? Lol.
I know cops and used to work with cops. I know what I am talking about.
Sure you do! I'm sure they shared every mistake they made while on duty with you. Police misconduct is rampant in America, but your cop friends tell you otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies