Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times

Advertisements

When I pump iron I listen to liberal rockers like Springsteen, Rage Against The Machine, and Pearl Jam.

So my biceps and brain grow at the same time.

This makes me the greatest man on earth. Women want me. Men want to be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.
Guys like Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel are plenty strong. But Obama's degree was in poli sci, and Rahm's was speech communication or some such thing. Joe Biden's undergrad degree was history. By contrast Romney and Ryan were clearly numbers guys.

It's numbers vs. words/images, I'm telling you.

You have to account for Jesse Ventura, too. That could be a whole 'nother thread.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:21 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Fail. Right below the headline it said this:

"Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution"

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about this study. Yes, I have met quite a few wet noodle type men who you could probably knock over just by turning a fan on them who are die hard lefties but at the same time, just about every conservative male I have met has been fat and drinks beer. Hardly what I would consider, "physically strong". I've also met some lefties who are actually physically fit.

Not saying the study is wrong, (or right), just that it's not been my experience that it can be measured solely on how much they can bench press.

I would say stronger minded vs weaker minded might have been a better study to conduct.
British Conservatives DO support the welfare state and wealth distribution. Not to mention universal health care.
This study has virtually no merit in the USA.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Got any proof of this silly claim? Anecdotes don't count.
Look at the military around the world. Generally speaking the military tends to be right wing especially the higher ranks. Very conservative, tradition and duty bound. If we accept that the military generally contains some of the most physically robust males a society has to offer there does appear to be some truth to the contention.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
British Conservatives DO support the welfare state and wealth distribution. Not to mention universal health care.
This study has virtually no merit in the USA.
Now they do as society moved Left but traditionally the Tories were very much for a class ordered society with minimal government assistance bestowed to the lower classes.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,774,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Weaker men probably spend more time studying and reading books than in the gym.

Which in todays modern world would be the way to command and protect resources

Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Quote:
Got any proof of this silly claim? Anecdotes don't count.
What- you want to take away my life's experience and say that anecdotes don't count? What do you think statistics are? They are formalized anecdotal accounts that some call statistics. Liberals are people who feel that they are being controlled by stronger people and want to bind the hands and feet of the strong. Look at what liberals demand. They demand that everyone has to be equal. They are anti-nature. They expect that wolves should be restrained and injected with sheep genes.

People who are strong mentally and physically do not demand equality. They don't need to. It's a fact of nature an a fact of breeding. Small weak people breed small weak people. If liberals were smart they would be thankful that those higher up the food chain don't simply crush them. Us conservatives have been very kind to you liberals...and if all right wing conservatives in America were to disappear - America would be invaded and would no longer exist...Germain Greer even said.."We have feminized our males to the point that they can no longer protect" - Much like YOUR Obama who does not stand up to the Muslim Brotherhood but attempts to bribe them with aid instead..

That is a lot like a kid who gives his lunch money to a bully.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah most of my classmates from business school are liberals to varying degrees and most of them are very sharp. I think a lot of it is emotion and guilt at being successful.
That is a liberal concept that I could never understand - "guilt at being successful." Personally, I take pride in being successful. I would only feel guilt if I did something that violated my sense of morality.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,582,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is a liberal concept that I could never understand - "guilt at being successful." Personally, I take pride in being successful. I would only feel guilt if I did something that violated my sense of morality.
Is it a liberal concept though?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Look at the military around the world. Generally speaking the military tends to be right wing especially the higher ranks. Very conservative, tradition and duty bound. If we accept that the military generally contains some of the most physically robust males a society has to offer there does appear to be some truth to the contention.
Indeed. The military life-style is far more suited to conservatives than it is to liberals. But that has more to do with the mindset than physiology. Their physical features are the result of their career choice, not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies