Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:40 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

What a funny thread! You guys are just mad because you LOST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,364,938 times
The entire 2 Party system is broken - they are all corrupt, ineffectual turds who speak with forked tongues.

My best friend from childhood, a former SEAL who knew both Glen and Ty (the former SEAL contractors who died in Benghazi), as well as a number of SEALs who died during Extortion 17 in 2011, said it best:

"This country is sweating weakness right now."

I watched the Benghazi hearing last week, and then the Extortion 17 presser the following day. Certainly left me feeling empty and angry, and really sad for the families involved.

It's a pathetic state of affairs right now.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
While that may be true, to an extent, it's logically flawed to claim the recent corruption under his watch isn't getting a bit out of control.

Like I said, his presidency is going well, all Obama and company needs to do, is to tel the truth. Sure, the GOP is going to attack relentlessly, but why give any smoking guns like they have been?

Fast n Furious would have been a hit on Obama; AP scandal would have been a hit; Benghazi, clearly, is a hit on that administration (especially watching Hillary testify like a belligerent child), but it all would have been forgotten in lieu of a recovering economy and relative stability.

All they had to do was tell the truth, but they didn't. The only thing Americans hate worse than incompetence, is lying.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Your post is a complete falsehood, HeyJude.

Please point to the EXACT post of mine where I said the ONLY reason Nixon resigned was for the good of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Nixon had a legendary ego but finally, at long last he voluntarily did what was right for the country just to end the madness.
That was in post #61 in the thread below. For anyone who may be interested, clb's "madness" begins at post 58.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...esemble-6.html

Old 05-16-2013, 03:59 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
Over 130 votes of "Present" in the Senate wreaks of political ambition and lacking of conviction. Why would anybody want someone like that to lead this nation?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Typical comment from low information voters that get their news from friends or MTV.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Typical comment from low information voters that get their news from friends or MTV.
Everyone knows that buzzword comes from Rush. There is nothing less informative than Rush Limbaugh.

I've listened to it many times before, and found absolutely nothing informative or compelling. It's nothing but 3 hours of hateful propeganda.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Obama has mommy issues.

Guys like that always grow up to be liars and cheats.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Saw it a mile off...guy had no experience, lied through his teeth and twisted his words like a true shyster lawyer, we looked at who he associated with for clues.....this, at his own suggestion......
it was a wonder the press took so long to take note.

It was the media who protected Obama and the media who appears to be now doing its job....except for Chris Mathews who must be having a breakdown given his racist rants against those who oppose Obama.
CM has crossed over and any ethical media company who can him immediately.

The surface is just being scratched as far as unethical and probably criminal behavior is concerned. O followed Hoffa jr after he screamed for his members to 'take out' their enemies.

Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to see what is in it' and she remained in office.

Obama has created an atmosphere where unethical behavior is encouraged and enabled. He switches position w/o explaining....and the press looks the other way.

The media has a long way to go before we can believe they suddenly got 'religion'. They have plenty of lingering issues to address. F&F, solyndra, et al, obamacare

Old 05-16-2013, 04:15 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
No. It did. But look at the major news sites today. Only one has ANYTHING related to the Obama admin scandals.

I knew the press was left leaning and all but to pretend it isn't going on simply astounds me.

It all did happen but those trying to seek out explanations will be portrayed as bad guys. I'm afraid the other poster is correct. It's so sad that we have become so dumbed down.
Yeah, it is pretty bad...

In fact, the overall atmosphere of the scandals have been greatly subdued. You don't hear practically anyone talking about them which I find completely unsettling. Most of the 18-30 y/o crowd hasn't even heard about any of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies