Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
no intelligent gun own puts a revolver in their shorts, that's stupid.
Pocket carry is fine - with a pocket holster. It's pretty much the only way I carry in the summer. I don't carry my revolver in a pocket, but only because I have a plethora of pistols that are smaller and slimmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Do revolvers usually have a safety?
I don't think so. I'm not a revolver guy (only have one), but mine doesn't. Their simplicity (just point and shoot) one of the reasons that they're so popular as carry weapons. Forgetting to disengage the safety lever is very easy to do when you're thrust into a life or death situation, and it could cost you your life. NONE of the guns I carry have a manual safety device. The guns I own that do are strictly range guns.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Armed madhouse, dateline Florida:

Ya gotta hand it to this guy... he combined two WhiskyTango pastimes: bowling, and carrying a loaded weapon in a reckless manner resulting in injury:

Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

I'm sure his CCW is safe though, because, you know, Amurica...

Too many guns... in the hands of two many morons...

He must have been a fan of "The Big Lebowski".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rZy...yer_detailpage

Old 05-16-2013, 03:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Why did he bring a gun to a bowling alley?

Very strange....... I hope he is ok!

Old 05-16-2013, 05:59 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Armed madhouse, dateline Florida:

Ya gotta hand it to this guy... he combined two WhiskyTango pastimes: bowling, and carrying a loaded weapon in a reckless manner resulting in injury:

Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

I'm sure his CCW is safe though, because, you know, Amurica...

Too many guns... in the hands of two many morons...
A revolver, triggered by an impact? Ummm, ok. I would like to know the specific forces at work here. Seems rather...odd. That said, when one chooses to carry a firearm, cor defensive purposes, it is obligatory to carry securely and properly. A thorough knowledge of the characteristics of the weapon are mandatory, and you must take the time to be totally proficient with it.

I have seen people passed in CCW classes that, I personally, would have failed, were I the instructor. I have assisted in training classes, pre qualification instruction, where the lack of knowledge, amongst students, was flat scary.

One that leaps to mind, was an assistant DA, and his wife, neither of which could qualify, slow fire, from the seven yard stick. On a B27 silhouette target. He was firing a SW Chiefs Special, and she had a Berreta Tomcat. I have also seen frightening ineptitude amongst LE patrol personell, training for application to SWAT!

Proficiency with firearms is serious business. Whether you are a civilian, carrying for personal defense, a hunter, and especially if you carry as part of your job.

So, touting this incident, with ONE civilian carrier, as a stump for restricting civilian carry, is nonsensical. Trust me when I say, the "professionals" , you would have us rely on for armed response, are justas, if not more, frightening. One should get the facts straight, and have a clue, before shouting from the rooftops about "morons with guns". Good day!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
It was an accident. Nobody really fires a gun with a bowling ball. He may get a citation for the discharge of a firearm.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a preventable accident, but it is just that...an accident.
It doesn't change the fact that the man is obviously a moron who should have his guns taken away for that reason.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It doesn't change the fact that the man is obviously a moron who should have his guns taken away for that reason.
See my previous post. Under this premise, we would be disarming a LOT of "professionals" as well. Or should they be exempted from scrutiny for moronic handling of firearms?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
See my previous post. Under this premise, we would be disarming a LOT of "professionals" as well. Or should they be exempted from scrutiny for moronic handling of firearms?
This specific moron should have his guns taken away. You are welcome to post stories where I might say that one specific moron should have there guns taken away, but I am not in the mood to make any generalized statements about who should and shouldn't have a gun.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This specific moron should have his guns taken away. You are welcome to post stories where I might say that one specific moron should have there guns taken away, but I am not in the mood to make any generalized statements about who should and shouldn't have a gun.
Lol, "not in the mood" huh? I'm not in disagreement, with you, about tbis guy, insofar as his carry permit. And neither is the law. His permit WILL be suspended, as he violated the rules, which led to a negligent discharge, in public. Your foul mood, notwithstanding, the fact still remains, that these same rules apply, even more so, to people who carry a gun as part of their job. Yet, instead, they get a pass, with full support of people who think like you.

My current mood will not support defense of a seperate set of rules, for firearms handling, based on political agendas and ignorance. Right now, I'm fully capable of matching moods with a cranky Rhinoceros. So, your current state of disposition concerns me, not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies