Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:18 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Are you as sympathetic if the roles are reversed? How about the woman wants an abortion, the man doesn't? Do you support his right to his child?

That's just it! He is not allowed to make that choice. He gets zero choice. He only gets the responsibility even if the person was not one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Zero say in the choice. Zero say in being financially responsible.

This is a trump card that has been long held by women over the heads of men. It is unbelievably unjust and could even be considered criminal extortion if considered by the right person. It is wrong. If the man has zero say in whether or not an abortion occurs, he ought to have the legal capacity to remove himself of the financial obligation.

Men don't run about their daily lives thinking about having a baby... but for many women who are late 20's early 30's, mid 30's and haven't had a kid, this nagging thought does occur. At that point just about any man will do, even the poor schlub down at the club from a quickie, which he no doubt enjoyed, but should he be held financially responsible for 18+ years?

I am all for men having male contraceptives beyond condoms. I, like many men have had plenty one or two night stands... and many times with women I had zero intention of even considering a relationship with, especially for the rest of my life. I've even gone out with psycho women who tried to trap me when they realized I was moving on. My only response was, if it's true... we'll get a blood test & determine if the baby is mine, & if it is, I'll pay child support. The two times this entrapment trick was played on me were scams. They weren't pregnant. They were attempts at extortion. Fortunately I learned young to wrap that rascal every time unless you're married.

It seems many of the HATE MEN women on here expect to be able to hold the financial responsibility to THEIR desire to have children over the head of someone else. To have the ability to unfairly entrap men, then demand that the courts back them up. This is complete BS, and should be criminal.

We, many/most men, have seen it too many times to think it isn't true. Like I said, I was fortunate. There are no little KS_Refs running around that are not the result of me and my lovely wife's married and committed relationship. I know men paying child support to 3, 4 even 5 different women... some from one night stands, because SHE decided she wanted the baby and he had zero say.

It's all BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's pretty much correct. Women also take all the risks and do all the work.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
That's just it! He is not allowed to make that choice. He gets zero choice. He only gets the responsibility even if the person was not one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Zero say in the choice. Zero say in being financially responsible.

This is a trump card that has been long held by women over the heads of men. It is unbelievably unjust and could even be considered criminal extortion if considered by the right person. It is wrong. If the man has zero say in whether or not an abortion occurs, he ought to have the legal capacity to remove himself of the financial obligation.

Men don't run about their daily lives thinking about having a baby... but for many women who are late 20's early 30's, mid 30's and haven't had a kid, this nagging thought does occur. At that point just about any man will do, even the poor schlub down at the club from a quickie, which he no doubt enjoyed, but should he be held financially responsible for 18+ years?

I am all for men having male contraceptives beyond condoms. I, like many men have had plenty one or two night stands... and many times with women I had zero intention of even considering a relationship with, especially for the rest of my life. I've even gone out with psycho women who tried to trap me when they realized I was moving on. My only response was, if it's true... we'll get a blood test & determine if the baby is mine, & if it is, I'll pay child support. The two times this entrapment trick was played on me were scams. They weren't pregnant. They were attempts at extortion. Fortunately I learned young to wrap that rascal every time unless you're married.

It seems many of the HATE MEN women on here expect to be able to hold the financial responsibility to THEIR desire to have children over the head of someone else. To have the ability to unfairly entrap men, then demand that the courts back them up. This is complete BS, and should be criminal.

We, many/most men, have seen it too many times to think it isn't true. Like I said, I was fortunate. There are no little KS_Refs running around that are not the result of me and my lovely wife's married and committed relationship. I know men paying child support to 3, 4 even 5 different women... some from one night stands, because SHE decided she wanted the baby and he had zero say.

It's all BS.
And????
Argue with biology all you like, and use outliers as your basis of comparison, it still doesn't matter.
Don't want kids, sterilize yourself.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
True.

The rules are defined by women.
No, the rules are defined by the old men on the Roe v Wade Supreme court and the men who dominate the government system that sets the rules. You can blame women for understanding how weak so many men are in keeping their sex urges in check and using it to their advantage, but the rules are set up by [mostly] men.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And????
Argue with biology all you like, and use outliers as your basis of comparison, it still doesn't matter.
Don't want kids, sterilize yourself.
Men do not have to have children if they don't want to.

I really don't get complaining about how biology works AFTER THE FACT. Seriously, they teach this stuff in grade school. If men carried babies, the roles would be reversed. The solution is to get snipped if you don't want kids.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
True.

The rules are defined by women.
No, they're defined by biology. No court is ever going to give a third party juristiction over someone elses body when they are of sound mind. As long as abortion is legal, the choice belongs to the person having the abortion.

For example, I believe abortion is murder so I would never have one and should not, under any circumstances be forced to have one. I will protect any child growing inside my body because my moral code demands I do so and this is MY body so the decision is mine.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Remind me never to go to Florida. Hope this guy gets off.
He won't. He's guilty of prescription fraud, product tampering and assault on a pregnant woman at the very least. The question is whether or not they'll throw in life for the unborn baby he killed. He is charged with murder because he committed a felony that resulted in the death of an unborn baby. It's a felony to forge a prescription and it's a felony to tamper with products (like his girlfriend's anti biotics).

Why would you hope he gets off?

"Ms Lee is suing Mr Welden for battery, intentional infliction of emotional harm, and punitive damages"

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/ma...#ixzz2TkAKGxoX

I hope she wins. He had no right to do this to her. Society needs him behind bars.

And all of this could have been avoided had he just said no to sex.....

Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
six week old fetus is not a child by any stretch of the imagination
Says you.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,200 times
I believe there has only been one woman on here besides the op (who I am pretty certain is completely anti-abortion) that did not come across as wanting to punish men. A bunch of man haters.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I believe there has only been one woman on here besides the op (who I am pretty certain is completely anti-abortion) that did not come across as wanting to punish men. A bunch of man haters.
This thread is about punishing ONE MAN who commited a crime against his pregnant girlfriend. It's not about punishing men in general. Men and women have different choices due to biological differences. It is not man hating to say that a man cannot tell a woman to have an abortion nor does he have the right to induce one for her against her wishes. What grows inside her body is hers to protect, if she wishes, because it grows inside of her, not his to kill. There are many women, like me, who could never have an abortion even if I didn't want the baby. For me, adoption would be the only option if I were not willing to keep the child because I believe a particular person exists from conception forward. Why would you think for one moment that someone else has the right to make that decision for me when I'm the one who would have to actually have the abortion?

Men who think they have that right are treating women as toys instead of as human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies