Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 PM

128 posts, read 93,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
interesting, but not surprising. in the US neighborhoods are more divided by class than race though. it just happens that black and non white Latinos are disproportionately effected by poverty and low wage jobs.
White flight is still a common place practice in the U.S. btw. So I think you might want to reconsider your hypothesis.

Also many hispanics are forcibly removing african americans from neighborhoods(los angeles and many california neighborhoods) that have been pre-dominantly african american for decades (which is a form of ethnic cleansing.) This study is bogus because the U.S. is a race based society. There will always be significant racial discrimination here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM

124 posts, read 145,153 times
I prefer to be in a diverse neighborhood because I been born and raised in a environment where you notice different ethnic groups in the schools, stores, and neighborhoods.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Got 'em. I don't care one way or the other.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
As long as they are not obsessed with their race. Who the hell would want to listen to cries of racism everyday.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern212 View Post
White flight is still a common place practice in the U.S. btw. So I think you might want to reconsider your hypothesis.
White flight because they go where the jobs are. Of course they could stay where they are and whine about it.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In the US, there is no secret that neighborhoods are often divided by race.
How many people still prefer living with their own race now?

This is the answer given by people in the world:

[MOD CUT]

Map shows world's most racist countries (and the answers may surprise you) | Mail Online
It all depends on what they race...I have nothing in common with folks who race bicycles or run/jog..if they like to race motorcycles,boats or vehicles then yeah..by all means,move right in

Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
White flight because they go where the jobs are.
Wrong. Entirely very, very wrong.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
I live in a diverse area, where Compton, Gardena, Torrance and Carson collide. I've always been colorblind; however, that doesn't mean that I'm idiot blind. I'd prefer a family of idiots (idiotic parents tend to raise idiotic kids), no mattter which race they may be, live somewhere far away from me.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
It all depends on what they race...I have nothing in common with folks who race bicycles or run/jog..if they like to race motorcycles,boats or vehicles then yeah..by all means,move right in

Wish I had come up with that!

Ex desert racer/moto-x'r here

Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern212 View Post

Also many hispanics are forcibly removing african americans from neighborhoods(los angeles and many california neighborhoods) that have been pre-dominantly african american for decades (which is a form of ethnic cleansing.) This study is bogus because the U.S. is a race based society. There will always be significant racial discrimination here.
the blacks with money, like myself, leave too when it gets too gritty. for me, it's only because I have minor children and want them to have all the amenities of the burbs. the neighborhood where we just bought our house have houses ranging from $230,000 up to $500,000. it's a pretty solid middle class neighborhood with good schools. it's about 40% black, mostly white, with a few others thrown in. I don't expect the type of people I'm fleeing to be there in the next 3 to 5 years we expect to live there.

as far as the Mexican thing, that is first and foremost gang related. secondly, the perps harassing people are 1st and 2nd generation Mexicans. blacks and latinos lived just fine together in most of California for decades. and, in most part of California, they still do. those blacks who have left places like Compton have resettled in 1 of two places, more affluent areas of long beach and orange county for those with means, and antelope valley for those who are part of the welfare class and working class. it is what it is. remember, before Compton was black it was white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies