Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Finally, after puttering around with stories and videos and lies after the attacks, Congress is beginning to get at the real scandal in Benghazi.

What happened after the attacks, and who lied to whom and how, is less important than why security there was left to deteriorate for months, even while attacks were going on, bombs were blowing 12-foot holes in the consulate walls, and Amb. Stevens was pleading for months for more security.

That summer, Obama was crowing over "Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive!". He was desperately trying to fool American voters into thinking he had defeated Al Qaeda and they were "on the run". And the increasing attacks by Al Qaeda were not fitting into the glossy image he was trying to project.

Sending MORE security into areas like Benghazi, Cairo etc. would have done even more harm to his story... so he simply didn't do it. Instead he reduced security, pulled out American agents, and in some cases substituted Libyan personnel for the American security troops. He was hoping this would look good to American voters who weren't paying much attention.

By the first week in September 2012, there were exactly three American security personnel at the consulate in Benghazi. The gate guards and patrols had been replaced by Libyans... and they were unarmed, with nothing but whistles and batons. And so, when the major attack came on Sept. 11, 2012, the people in the consulate didn't have much chance.

Basically, the lives of Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, were sacrificed so that Obama could get more votes three weeks later in the November, 2012 election.

And that is the real scandal of Benghazi. Obama hopes fervently that people will keep complaining about Susan Rice and lies about a video afterward... because then they aren't complaining about what killed Amb. Stevens and three other Americans: Months of fatal, flagrant neglect of consulate security for the purpose of gaining votes.

------------------------------------------------------

http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?...2&videofeed=38

The Obama administration -- and the State Department in particular -- has been accused by Republican lawmakers and some former U.S. officials who worked in Libya of ignoring warning signs and even rejecting pleas for increased security around American offices in the country ahead of the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi, which left U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three others dead.

The House Oversight Committee will begin questioning three senior State Department staff on Capitol Hill Wednesday over claims that dozens of U.S. security personnel were removed from Libya in the six months leading up to the attack, in spite of alleged requests to increase personnel levels from American officials on the ground.

According to one of the key witnesses expected to testify before the committee this week, even Ambassador Stevens himself had repeatedly requested more security personnel, but was turned down.
Lt. Col. Andy Wood, the former head of a U.S. Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya, has told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson that he and many other senior staff at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, "felt we needed more, not less" security personnel in the country, but were told "to do with less.
For what reasons, I don't know."

This begins to get at the real scandal in Benghazi.
When Ambassador Stevens came to the consulate on Sept. 9, 2012 for a five-day visit, he brought two bodyguards with him. This raised the total number of American security personnel at the consulate, from three to five.

Though Stevens had sent alarms to the State Department at least four times over the inadequate security, he did not let that danger stop him from doing his job.

And he paid with his life. Along with three other Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
We still don't know where Obama was the night of the attacks. He was basically AWOL. I've not seen anyone ask his whereabouts that night. For all we know he was visiting the gay bath houses in the windy city like the good old days??

Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
I think the motive was something personal between Obama and the ambassador.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Ok, explain it to us then.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run.

The funny part is that Osama Bin Laden was only the "money man" for AlQueda and they are now stronger than ever thanks to Barack. Osama had nothing to do with 9/11. He only gave the plan his blessing when it was presented to him by the real planners.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We still don't know where Obama was the night of the attacks. He was basically AWOL. I've not seen anyone ask his whereabouts that night. For all we know he was visiting the gay bath houses in the windy city like the good old days??
To Quote Hillary

"what difference does it make?"

It doesn't change what happened, whether he was taking in the bath houses of Chicago, running with the bulls, or laying in bed. Since he is a lame duck, this information can't be used to tarnish his character in an upcoming election, so what difference does it make?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Apparently none to you.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You guys believe the most idiotic stuff.

"You guys" (what do you mean, "you people") appear ridiculous in your inability to acknowledge the obvious- Obama has committed misdeeds and has been exposed in failed cover-ups.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Apparently none to you.
I thought that was obvious by my last post....

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is to gain by this witch hunt other than to smear Obama. For that matter, what is to gain by smearing Obama?

I get the criticism of Hillary, she may run in 2016. I don't get the witch hunt for Obama though.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I thought that was obvious by my last post....

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is to gain by this
So you want people to tell you what the conclusion will be, before we know the TRUTH of what people did and why they did it?

That's humorous.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I lean conservative on many issues, but you staunch conservatives sure do conflate the issues quite a bit. Do you really believe that if they had just said it was a terrorist attack that it would have changed anyones opinion at the ballot box? Gimme a break. If they grant amnesty to the 11 million illegals in this country, you guys say " oh the dems want this so a republican never wins another race. Again, gimme a break.
The public record already show that the very next day Obama called it "an act of terror," even though the right-wing and Romney said it wasn't until 14 days later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies