Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,110,362 times

Advertisements

FYI- I haven't vetted/sourced this article, but if it's the case...my god.

Quote:
The United States may be finished dropping bombs on Iraq, but Iraqi bodies will be dealing with the consequences for generations to come in the form of birth defects, mysterious illnesses and skyrocketing cancer rates.

Al Jazeera’s Dahr Jamail reports that contamination from U.S. weapons, particularly Depleted Uranium (DU) munitions, has led to an Iraqi health crisis of epic proportions. “[C]hildren being born with two heads, children born with only one eye, multiple tumours, disfiguring facial and body deformities, and complex nervous system problems,” are just some of the congenital birth defects being linked to military-related pollution.
Iraqi Birth Defects Worse than Hiroshima |

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,169 times
Read the origional source...

Research links rise in Falluja birth defects and cancers to US assault | World news | The Guardian

Quote:
"We don't know what that environmental factor is, but we are doing more tests to find out."

The report acknowledges that other battlefield residues may also be responsible for the defects.
Something is certainly happening, but no where does it say that it is conclusively DU that is causing it. I wish they would just stop using DU, but I won't champion falsehoods to do so. The author wrote the article stating research found that it was the most likely culprit, which is outright mistating his source.

They should let the researchers have the time to do their research and find conclusively what it is before publishing such preliminary results. By raising hysteria now about DU makes everyone who wishes it was gone look like liars, and if it is not DU then we waste time chasing fear while that other agent creates havoc on newborns.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM

46,743 posts, read 25,661,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That website is cray-cray.

Headline article about the Titanic:

Quote:
The greatest tragedies in the last two hundred years can be traced to the Jesuits. We will now show that the Jesuits planned and carried out the sinking of the Titanic, and we will show why they did it.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:37 AM

32,817 posts, read 19,349,571 times
Quote:

uhm....

more likely from IRAQI chemical/biological/and nuclear facilities

Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Wow, I didn't even check the WordPress site before checking its source.

That site is batcrap crazy. People shouldn't read that crap, it rots the mind.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,453,792 times
I've wandered through the website linked in the OP. Afterwards, my opinion is that to believe what's written there would be lunacy.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:51 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:

Sad, sickening, gross, but this doesn't mean it is true or totally as it appears. When people stop believing everything they see, particularly on the net we will all be better off. 24we will all be better off. 24/7 does nothing except to give us information, mostly not verified or slanted just to give us something to read.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:34 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,110,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

I thought it may be, but i just didn't have the time and figured somebody here would be good enough to do so.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,032,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Something is certainly happening,...
Indeed, and I would not disagree, but as you noted, jumping to conclusions and relying on pseudo-science does not benefit anyone....except those dissemination pseudo-science.

DU is not a factor here.

Furthermore, the types of deformities are inconsistent with contamination by radio-isotopes, but they are consistent with chemical contamination. What I'm seeing is Love Canal ^2.

Your tax dollars flow to the Iraqi and Kuwaiti governments, who then pay companies to collect recyclables from American and NATO bases in Iraq and Kuwait and recycle those materials.

The Kuwaitis and Iraqis are picking up the recyclables and dumping them in the deserts.

So much for a Green Iraq or Green Kuwait (or Green Earth) for that matter.

Anyway, I have yet to see any reputable epidemiological study, nor have I seen any study that rules out the possibility of poor pre-natal health, water, soil or air contaminated with industrial waste products, or any other possible factors.

Biologically...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies