Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,937,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is not even a few. It is non existent. Seriously do you really think black children think getting an education is acting white?

I ask black people do you know any children that this way, the answer is always no, that they don't personally know any black children who think this, but they are sure they exist, because some black children get teased for acting white and that means that those black children think getting an education is acting white which is a leap that makes no sense whatsoever.

It is an urban legend. I have never ever met a black child and spoke to that child where they said getting an education is acting white.

It is a flat out lie.
I definitely wouldn't call it a flat out lie. I'm a Black person and have been told that I talk White. When my son was younger, a girl who lived in our neighborhood told me that he was smart, asked me how he knows so many big words and said he talks like a White person. I told her that I always spoke proper English to him and that he reads a lot. While I am not into airing out dirty laundry to people with bad intentions, I am not one to be dishonest. I don't disagree with the FLOTUS or Bill Cosby, but I do not side with racists who prejudge based on skin color either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,118,096 times
And she never was proud of the US until hubby became POTUS.

The woman has issues.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,700,186 times
Quote:

Anyway, she had this saying that basically meant she wanted us to behave in
public, and she'd say to us boys act your age and not your color.

It
wasn't until I was much older that I really thought about what was the inherent
message in that statement.

Something is wrong with my skin color that
causes me to misbehave.
She only meant, "don't misbehave just because you see other black boys misbehaving." If she were here on CD now she might say don't throw you grandma under the bus just because Obama did.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,937,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And she never was proud of the US until hubby became POTUS.

The woman has issues.
And after he became POTUS and she saw how many fools showed their asses, I'm sure she became ashamed all over again.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,506,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Educators are solid Obama people... as liberal as they come. Do you serious believe that racist teachers are a major factor in black underachievement?
I don't remember using the word "racist". it is known that female teachers discipline boy students more harshly, is it really a stretch to think there might be a disconnect between black male students and white female teachers?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,906,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Educators are solid Obama people... as liberal as they come. Do you serious believe that racist teachers are a major factor in black underachievement?
What about white kids...why don't people care about lil white underachievers??? How can we help little non achieving white kids?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,266,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I definitely wouldn't call it a flat out lie. I'm a Black person and have been told that I talk White. When my son was younger, a girl who lived in our neighborhood told me that he was smart, asked me how he knows so many big words and said he talks like a White person. I told her that I always spoke proper English to him and that he reads a lot. While I am not into airing out dirty laundry to people with bad intentions, I am not one to be dishonest. I don't disagree with the FLOTUS or Bill Cosby, but I do not side with racists who prejudge based on skin color either.
It is a flat out lie. Look not to diminish your childhood pain. I asked you a simple question. Do you know any black children that would say getting an education is acting white?
That is a yes or a no answer.

Again white kids tease nerds and geeks all the time and no one would suggest that those white kids don't value education. Yet, when black children do childish and silly things we want to take that to represent their thinking on education and not their immaturity. I think it is a huge leap to say that a child teasing another child by saying you sound like a white person is the same as saying that child thinks getting an education is acting white.

M. Obama didn't say anything as ignorant nor inflammatory as Cosby. The two aren't really connected. Bill Cosby was mocking people for not speaking English, and other nonsense. M. Obama by comparison made a rather mild statement.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM

374 posts, read 507,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So kids today are failing because their grandparents couldn't vote in some corners of the country in the 60s? By that logic Israel should be a failed 3rd world country since it was founded by a large number of Holocaust survivors.
Consider who they voted for,then you'll understand. Almost all 98% blacks voted for race alone,and almost all latinos voted for amnesty alone and more free stuff,so at the risk of getting banned or more infractions I'll say they will never see logic or truth.

Yet they call whites racist and bigots and other names but if you even hint at returning the favor your in trouble.Dividers are everywhere,trying to turn us all against each other,divide and conquor.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,700,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What about white kids...why don't people care about lil white underachievers??? How can we help little non achieving white kids?
Good question. The goal should be to help all students reach their potential, regardless of race.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,906,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Consider who they voted for,then you'll understand. Almost all 98% blacks voted for race alone,and almost all latinos voted for amnesty alone and more free stuff,so at the risk of getting banned or more infractions I'll say they will never see logic or truth.

Yet they call whites racist and bigots and other names but if you even hint at returning the favor your in trouble.Dividers are everywhere,trying to turn us all against each other,divide and conquor.
yet many conservatives say the want/need the latino vote...all the while realizing the damage done with the black voting community.

Who is trying to divide and conquer???

PS your contention that all latinos voted for amnesty is pure bull****. There had been no movement on even the "Dream Act" so to think that latinos were clairvoyant prior to the elecction and know CIR was comming would be freaking incredible...but the reality is just plain wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies