Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_recess
You bring up the charges for future kids so this doesn't happen again. But like I said...drop them after the scare does its corrective job.
this is fine until some prosecutor comes along who decides to go the route of post #16. Maybe he doesn't like the kids skin tone, maybe he's been told to maximize fine revenue, or maybe he's just in a foul mood because his wife yelled at him.

Then with the way laws are now, maybe the kid ends up as a registered sex offender for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Ehh, give 'em community service or something.

And of course, do NOT label them a sex offender in any way
That should be the extent of it...and no a mooner or someone caught peeing in public is not a sex offender!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:43 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
That should be the extent of it...and no a mooner or someone caught peeing in public is not a sex offender!
For some weird reason, I expected to get some grief over just the suggestion of community service! But I really think it fits the crime(?) well. Community service is a light punishment; just the nature of it alone makes it barely a punishment at all. And while I would never condone this behavior and I think it's really stupid, I can't see putting someone in jail or making them pay a huge fine over it.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Of course it should be illegal with required sex offender status! It's for the chiillllldreeen after all isn't it? We've got to protect the chiiiildreeeen at all costs, there's evil around every corner! God knows these poor 8th graders have never,ever seen a buttocks before and are now damaged for life, will need years of therapy to get over seeing what they saw, oh the trauma of it all.

We'll just forget that many of them are most likely on the pill and have seen way more than a buttocks in their face .
Remember, it's a crime to moon somebody but if it's done on a TV show,music videos,movies,clothes ads,or a sports calendar it's ART.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I remember reading a NJ supreme court case in which two kids had to register as sex offenders because they pulled their pants down and sat for a second on another kid's face.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:34 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Teen facing criminal charges for mooning classmates

A high school senior faces charges for 'mooning' 8th grade girls. Perhaps a sex offender for life.

How in hell did we arrive at this point. And should every high school teacher who taught Chaucer be arrested and jailed too?
Mooning: A history. When did people start baring their butts as an insult?

Is there anyone who does not agree that the nanny state is out of control?
Well.... Should mooning be a criminal offense? ... I guess it depends on who is mooning whom.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting, I wonder where boob shots would fit in that framework? No doubt, sex offender status as well. God thing no one snapped a pic during Spring Break, Daytona Beach, 1980.
hey I lived there then right off of Beach Street...don't tell me that was you at the Treasure Island Hotel?!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:15 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
My daughter and I were travelling down the TP two summers ago when a kid came running from the woods in Burlington County to the edge of the road, mooned and ran back into the woods. We laughed so hard.

Not a big deal. Usually a prank and not meant to intimidate or harm anyone.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Zero tolerance ******* policies...

Oh Yeah sing it Bowser...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies