Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Are you smoking pots?
back in my hay day? 24/7...365. we didn't know anything else.

now? i'm too responsible to do so.

like i said, i love being who i am.

white is boring. cliche. you live on this side, and you see everything. for example; i've been poorer than you can imagine, and i've been richer than anyone in the world. i've been starving on beans and rice and i've had maids serving my every whim. i've been in communities where mob justice was the rule, and i'm living here where everything goes through a process. have you ever been a part of a community that would put a blade through your head for stealing a purse? i have. have you ever been a part of a community where if you acted up you were bent over by whoever and smacked? i have. i remember back in 2001ish we had a black and white tv, now we have a 46' flat screen, watching the world go up in smoke. so much hate in this world. every second that passes, i'm thankful for. this didn't have to happen. i could be in my grandmothers village right now tilling the land. instead? i'm here just watching you all get upset over nothing.

man, life. it's a journey. most of ya'll don't even know what goes on today. i don't blame ya'll though...the west is sheltered. real life? it's hard.

wouldn't trade my life for anyone's. never in a million years. keep your white skin. this right here? bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita
Black kids in the US don't matter as much to the general public as white kids. It's an unacceptable fact I keep getting proven to me over and over again.
I know and its quite disgusting!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"Black kids in the US don't matter as much to the general public as white kids. It's an unacceptable fact I keep getting proven to me over and over again"

I wouldn't blame it on the general public, the blame should be placed on the media. I always pay attention to ALL the photos that go out with the Amber Alerts and stuff.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
The problem is that blacks rarely watch the news.
Bingo!

From the news producers perspective they only want to please their audience for the ratings.

Why cater to people arent even there?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
When was the last time national media were camping out in front of the home of a black family with a missing child and reported on it like they did with Natalie Holloway or Elisabeth Smart? Has it ever happened?

I have to conclude that black children aren't worth as much as white kids to the general public. Why is this?
No, the public doesn't tell the media which stories to air and in which order. The news media is crappola.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
I have to conclude that black children aren't worth as much as white kids to the general public. Why is this?
I agree with you. I have no answer other than 'racism'.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
Can anyone blame the parents for once, or does it make certain people warm and fuzzy inside to blame someone else?
Rely on the government instead of personal responsibility and we get the predictable outcome, and it just keeps repeating itself.

I think most kids deserve better then the cards they are dealt, they unfortunately have parents that never learned to grow up and care..

Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
That was Kyron Horman and he disappeared from Portland, Oregon.

This made national news and was even bigger on local news casts, especially those right out of Portland. I live in central Oregon and we had extensive coverage.

I find it sad that the media picks and chooses on 'cuteness' more than anything else. Too many kids go missing every day. Each one deserves to be brought safely home.
Kyron was taking from School - His case is very unusual. I have been following his case from day 1

I also have followed many other cases, regardless of color/race.

There are many, many children - adults of many races, white included - that you never hear about.

Parents/loved ones need to get the attention of the media/community.

All children are equal in my opinion.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
I love it.

Blacks contend the media has a white bias.

Whites contend the media has a black bias.

Conservatives claim the media is liberal.

Liberals claim the media is conservative.

I think sometimes all of the above is true, depending on the outlet and agenda of any particular news editor or producer.

The media runs what sells. They will sensationalize those stories that have the most intrigue and mystery. An exotic location or a crazy twist.

Random kidnappings, without more, are not that interesting as they are sadly run of the mill.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Question...the concern for black children is all about media coverage!!!?????? media coverage!!??

The outrage should be about preventing the out of control violence.

The media has its own social justice rules and B on B crime is felt to burden that race with negative coverage, prompting negative public opinion. The media figures less coverage means good PR. Consistent with crime ridden cities under generational dem control where the self appointed caretakers pretend to serve for their own political benefit.

The low threshold for charging racism, social justice rules, and fedral law and hungry lawyers go a long way to prevent anyone from tackling the problem of endless violence.

As for the media.....the TM/GZ case is a perfect example of the the soical justice bias crossed over to criminal behavior by CBS to prejudice the case by setting 'first impression' public opinion by editing the 911 tapes, and choosing the photos in favor of TM.

The media today is inbred with Obama admin brothers, sisters, husbands and wives.....explains why the media has become the propaganda machine for Obama. Of course if you ask the big guy, he will say he wasn't aware, didn't know, no one told him or promises to spend his time looking for an aze to kick. Gosh his top guy RE is overseeing the B on B violence in Chicago..how is that working out? the media dare not cover that under threat from RE and or the fedral government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies