Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do 97% of scientific studies agree that climate change is manmade?
1. Consipracy 22 41.51%
2. Scientists are not as smart as average Joe 5 9.43%
3. Scientists don't believe in the bible or the rapture 26 49.06%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,907,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How to Talk to a Global Warming Skeptic Guide? Really? /sigh

Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,811,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So yes or no?
I'll answer your question when you can tell me how much heat your going to trap in your house without knowing if the windows are open.

Fair enough?

Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,769,388 times
Human activity and the generation of human waste will effect the quality of our water supplies. Human activity will effect our air supplies also. Human activity will effect period!

Whether you call it climate change or climate disruption - It is a a fact that humans and what they do on a daily basis will have some sort of effect on the natural world all around us...How could it not? We create an artificial world to live in and the artificial will class with the natural.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Human activity and the generation of human waste will effect the quality of our water supplies. Human activity will effect our air supplies also.
Since the 80's what is your perception of air pollution here in the US, how much do you think it increased?

Understandably this is not common knowledge, I'm asking what you think it might be.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:46 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,769,388 times
It depends if you have any skin in the game. If you are the average person living hand to mouth...pay check to pay check - You will understand that human activity causes climate disruption. In the alternative if you are not the average person and hold a large stock portfolio - and have investments in companies that pollute...or in industries that create product that generates air pollution in their use and manufacture.. You will state that THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING - because to understand that what you do to generate wealth is harmful will cause you to become impoverished to some degree..

In other words if you are super rich there is no global warming.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:53 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,158,703 times
It is all about the money..billions of dollars in "research" grants from the government, etc...also, if you don't go along with the Left on this issue you won't get a job in a college or receive funding. That is how the game is played.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
It depends if you have any skin in the game. If you are the average person living hand to mouth...pay check to pay check - You will understand that human activity causes climate disruption. In the alternative if you are not the average person and hold a large stock portfolio - and have investments in companies that pollute...or in industries that create product that generates air pollution in their use and manufacture.. You will state that THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING - because to understand that what you do to generate wealth is harmful will cause you to become impoverished to some degree..

In other words if you are super rich there is no global warming.
Hold on a second here, you were talking about pollution that is going to affect water and air quality. I'm going to ask my question again and just give me a guess, how much of an increase in air pollution do you think there was over the last 3 decades here in the US?

CO2 does not affect water and air quality, it's a greenhouse gas. Matter of fact it can be very beneficial to plant growth, it's like giving them steroids.

Seeing is Believing - YouTube

Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,907,739 times
Quote:
Human activity and the generation of human waste will effect the quality of our water supplies. Human activity will effect our air supplies also. Human activity will effect period!

Whether you call it climate change or climate disruption - It is a a fact that humans and what they do on a daily basis will have some sort of effect on the natural world all around us...How could it not? We create an artificial world to live in and the artificial will class with the natural.
Climate Disruption? Didn't they drop that talking point term a while ago? Is it coming back or are you just that behind on the issues?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:32 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,076,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'll answer your question when you can tell me how much heat your going to trap in your house without knowing if the windows are open.

Fair enough?
Not fair. I asked you a simple question first to which you just deflected and now are making excuses. If you can't answer a simple yes or no question then say so. Usually how this works, I ask then you answer and vice versa

Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,775,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Illuminati, Obama, Communist conspiracy, paid off?

Why isn't there as much consensus in the non scientific community, what is with the discrepancy?

Is it that non scientists are smarter than scientists?

97 percent of scientific studies agree on manmade global warming, so what now?
Everyone is entitled to their religion. Freedom of...you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies