Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:11 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Remember during the election where Romney told his contributors that there was 47% of Americans who will not vote for him no matter what. To get the most of their money he was going to spend the campaign contributions to talk to people who are open minded enough to hear what he had to say. This was smart because why would anyone spend money on something or someone that can not be changed. Those 47% knew he was right, they knew they would never vote for him but they got offended.

Now we have 3 scandals, each having their own set of serious issues. Yet there are still people who are still defending the Obama administration.

Yea, just like Romney said, they will vote for Obama no matter what. It would have been a waste of campaign money to talk to people who had their mind made up in Obama's favor. And he was right.

Let the attacks begin.
I'll be sure to adopt a similar attitude when some scandal inevitably develops under the next Republican administration.

You act like your group of thugs is any better...what a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Remember during the election where Romney told his contributors that there was 47% of Americans who will not vote for him no matter what. To get the most of their money he was going to spend the campaign contributions to talk to people who are open minded enough to hear what he had to say.
How'd that work out?

A little lesson in math... 100 - 47 = 53, obviously Romney's $992 million didn't do much to convince even those who weren't part of that 47% (assuming errantly that of that 47% 100 percent voted for Obama).

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/ele.../voted_12.html

Last edited by ovcatto; 05-20-2013 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'll be sure to adopt a similar attitude when some scandal inevitably develops under the next Republican administration.

You act like your group of thugs is any better...what a joke.
You already have an attitude, we are used to it. Did you notice no Obama supporter disputed the claim.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I've followed Romney for a long time, so there was no way I was voting for Romney. However my single vote clearly didn't swing the election. I do believe the attitude among Republicans that 47% of the country are parasites went a long way towards turning off those voters who could have been persuaded to vote for Romney.

A parasite is an organism that lives off a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host.

CDC - Parasites

So you want people to pay even more taxes as other Americans contribute nothing or very little. Then you call that fair. Then you expect people who work for that money but have to pay it to people who refuse to work not to be p**sed?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:55 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:

A parasite is an organism that lives off a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host.

CDC - Parasites

So you want people to pay even more taxes as other Americans contribute nothing or very little. Then you call that fair. Then you expect people who work for that money but have to pay it to people who refuse to work not to be p**sed?
I would hope that a person running for President would realize that 47% of the country are not parasites.

Go ahead keep claiming that Romney was right; you will find Romney's assertion to be self fulfilling.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I would hope that a person running for President would realize that 47% of the country are not parasites.

Go ahead keep claiming that Romney was right; you will find Romney's assertion to be self fulfilling.
Oh so there was a chance in hell that you would have voted for him? Of course not so why waste campaign money on you. He said it like it was and you didn't like it.

Oh, you just wanted to see him pander to you. He was too smart to waste his money pandering to people who would never vote for him and has too much class to pander in the first place.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:

Considering that 61% of that 47% work for a living adding to the profits of those who do pay taxes, along with some 22% who are retirees, and an additional 8% or so who work and know how to take advantage of the services of competent tax preparers it would be, as you point out, an ill-advised position to take.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering that 61% of that 47% work for a living adding to the profits of those who do pay taxes, along with some 22% who are retirees, and an additional 8% or so who work and know how to take advantage of the services of competent tax preparers it would be, as you point out, an ill-advised position to take.
uhm, we are talking about the 47% who would never have voted for Romney. A smart person knows not to waste money trying to accomplish something that can not be accomplished. You would not vote for him so why waste campaign money on you?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Oh so there was a chance in hell that you would have voted for him? Of course not so why waste campaign money on you. He said it like it was and you didn't like it.

Oh, you just wanted to see him pander to you. He was too smart to waste his money pandering to people who would never vote for him and has too much class to pander in the first place.
I already admitted there was no way I was voting for Romney, because I had followed his political career and how he handled himself. I stopped taking Romney seriously in 2007 when he accused Obama of wanting to teach kindergartners about sex. Of course he was speaking to social conservative audiences at the time so I'm sure he meant it and wasn't just pandering.

His 47% remark was based on the belief that his "job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Romney and I guess you actually believe that 47% of the country don't take personal responsibility or care for their lives. 47%, unbelievable! Keep it up though, let everyone know what you think of nearly half the country.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I already admitted there was no way I was voting for Romney, because I had followed his political career and how he handled himself. I stopped taking Romney seriously in 2007 when he accused Obama of wanting to teach kindergartners about sex. Of course he was speaking to social conservative audiences at the time so I'm sure he meant it and wasn't just pandering.

His 47% remark was based on the belief that his "job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Romney and I guess you actually believe that 47% of the country don't take personal responsibility or care for their lives. 47%, unbelievable! Keep it up though, let everyone know what you think of nearly half the country.
His 47% was based on how he was going to spend campaign money. Why throw money trying to change something that will not change. He said it like it was and all the thin skinned couldn't take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies