Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 04:18 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Did you miss the 2012 MURDER RATES IN DANGEROUS CITIES? All had Dem mayors. This IS a Dem issue.
I was talking about Black murder rates in specific. If it is a Democrat issue, then why do Whites in those same cities have low murder rates?

Old 01-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Blacks aren't a private secret society.

They are Americans and their issues, concerns and behaviors affect ALL of America just as white issues, concerns and behaviors affect ALL of America.
I know they are American citizens. However, this is what I was saying. This was turned into "Blacks do poorly under Democrats". I'm trying to refute that by showing Blacks often do worse than anyone else in society, whether there are Republicans in charge or Democrats in charge. I was refuting the idea that this was a partisan issue.

Crime is not a partisan problem, it is a culture problem, it is an anger issue, it is an issue of broken homes. What party you belong to has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:35 PM

12,029 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Way to try and move the goal post mountainrose! You challenge me to provide proof, which I do, and than you conveniently change the subject. Both (not just one) of these Tea Party idiots are racist. To make things worst they aren't just supporters, they are officials.

Are you going to put together a critical response (without changing the subject) or did I just shatter your logical fallacy?
Okay, TWO tea partiers are pathetic racists. I challenged you to prove that "quite a few" tea partiers are racists, as you stated. You conveniently didn't answer my question: Reverend Jeremiah Wright was a black Christian leader and a racist - does that make "quite a few" black Christians racist?
There are millions of tea partiers, you said most of them are racists.
Herman Cain is a black founder of the Tea Party - is he a racist?

I don't belong to the tea party, but I get sick and tired of liberals ignorantly using the race card every time they don't agree with something.
Please prove that "quite a few" tea partiers are racists, other than an article from Dirty Hippies.
Thank you.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Way to try and move the goal post mountainrose! You challenge me to provide proof, which I do, and than you conveniently change the subject. Both (not just one) of these Tea Party idiots are racist. To make things worst they aren't just supporters, they are officials.

Are you going to put together a critical response (without changing the subject) or did I just shatter your logical fallacy?
Are Republicans saints, nope. Do they live up to their principles, if only. Are there racists in the party, probably. But here’s the thing. Liberalism does not appear to be working for minorities. It does great things for self-appointed minority leaders, but the higher incidence of crime, poverty, illegitimacy, pathetic schools, etc. indicate liberal policies do more harm than good.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Read through these threads on race...

And quit playing as if I'm telling you something you don't know. I could've easily said they hated blacks, but I was being modest.

You are blinded by your own prejudice.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are Republicans saints, nope. Do they live up to their principles, if only. Are there racists in the party, probably. But here’s the thing. Liberalism does not appear to be working for minorities. It does great things for self-appointed minority leaders, but the higher incidence of crime, poverty, illegitimacy, pathetic schools, etc. indicate liberal policies do more harm than good.
To be honest, this is how I see it. As of late, Democrats aren't doing much good for Blacks. On the other hand, there is alot of distrust for Republicans as well. I don't consider it as thinking "Democrats are so great", but rather, there is a distrust for the Republican Party.

I have to consider this too. Blacks have suffered from grinding poverty and crime before liberal policies took place.

There are things to consider.
-There are more college-educated Blacks than ever before.
-More Blacks in the middle class than before.
-Voting rights are universal for all citizens, of all races and ethnicities.
-For Blacks who have the money to live where they want, they can. The laws restricting Blacks from living in certain places are no longer in place.

That said, Blacks still have higher unemployment rates than anyone else in the nation, even with education levels being equal. There are still issues. Blacks have historically had it harder than anyone else, and this has happened no matter who was in charge, Democrat or Republican.

Now, illegitimate births, I see that as a matter of making bad choices, not a political problem.

And then alot of Appalachian region of the USA, very high levels of poverty, rampant drug use, environmental degradation. And these counties voted Republican in large numbers for Presidential elections. These counties have done badly no matter who was in charge.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Like I said before, this is not a Democrat/Republican issue. We both know who is committing the murders, and who is being murdered. The question is WHY?

BTW, Chicago's Black murder rate is 32 murders per 100,000. Blacks in Omaha has a murder rate around 46 murders per 100,000. Omaha is more conservative, has a lower percentage of Blacks, and yet, Blacks get killed more in Omaha, per capita, than in Chicago. This shows that politics has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with gangs, drugs, broke homes, anger, and other things.

A better question is "Why would anybody commit murder in the first place"?

Perhaps anger management should be mandatory?

Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Homicides per 100,000 in 2012:

Omaha: 8.98
Chicago: 18.7

Really? You think Omaha comes anywhere near Chicago's homicide rate?

Scroll down to 2012 MURDER RATES IN DANGEROUS CITIES, here:
Chicago Warrior: Chicago Crime: 500+ Murders in 2012

All Dem mayors.

Ya think it might have something to do with the black population rate...or the single young black male population rate?

Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Then subtract out the unemployment rate from both the percentage of the population and the percentage of those on welfare.

13.1% x .86 (Black unemployment rate is 14%) = 11.26% of population not categorized as unemployed

39.8% x .86 = 34.22% of those receiving welfare

The percent on welfare even after subtracting out the unemployed is still over 3 times higher than it should be given the percentage of the population.

"young, not employed and not in school" is a better yardstick - there's actually a stat for this. (I think they use the 18-24 or 16-24 age cohort.)

Old 01-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Seriously? I was born into a blue collar non-union family. I started out at a minimum wage job in high school and have subsequently earned/saved/invested every penny I have. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

My means and methods of doing so echo the findings in The Millionaire Next Door. Ask anyone else who worked their way up from very little to higher levels of income and/or wealth how they did it. They'll likely tell you much the same.

??? How can a burger flipper who doesn't want to become a manager, and who can't afford school or training, become wealthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.