Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,877,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, Blacks with a college diploma have an unemployment rate on par with Whites with only a high school diploma. Given all education levels are equal, Blacks still get passed up for jobs more than Whites do.

College degrees aren't a guarantee of anything. There are many whites with MBAs working at Starbucks now. Instead of generalizing with race..might it be more helpful to see what majors most blacks are getting degrees in? My understanding is blacks have a tendency to get degrees more in the liberal arts, and cultural studies.. degrees that don't necessarily transfer to gainful employment in the real world. I work closely with engineers. I've yet to meet a black person with an engineering degree that doesnt have a job.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
College degrees aren't a guarantee of anything. There are many whites with MBAs working at Starbucks now. Instead of generalizing with race..might it be more helpful to see what majors most blacks are getting degrees in? My understanding is blacks have a tendency to get degrees more in the liberal arts, and cultural studies.. degrees that don't necessarily transfer to gainful employment in the real world. I work closely with engineers. I've yet to meet a black person with an engineering degree that doesnt have a job.
I've seen Whites with "soft" degrees land jobs in a relatively short amount of time. Explain how alot of Whites I know who get "soft degrees" can get jobs. However, many Blacks I've known with similar degrees have had to try harder to get jobs.

BTW, my father IS an engineer and he was laid off many times.

I've seen a few things take place in my life. I know a woman from my high school. As soon as she graduated from high school, she got a job at a bank, no college education necessary. I was actually IN college and couldn't get a job with a bank. I knew someone else who did, but not me. Trying to downplay that discrimination doesn't happen is quite disingenuous.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Comparing Blacks to slaves is no way to get them on your side.

And what dependency? Last time I checked, you don't have to be on welfare if you don't want it. It is a choice to use it.

If you grow up in welfare generation after generation what are the chances that you aren't going to want to use it? I'm not just talking about blacks..I'm talking about 4th and 5th generation WT who live in the same towns for generations, and complain about immigrants all the time. Yet the immigrant will come here with nothing, and in one generation accomplish more than the said people who live in filth and complain about said immigrant. Welfare keeps crime down, that's about it. But the system can't go on like this anymore. When people who get freebies breed like flies, and those who are responsible have two kids often at the most and pay taxes..the demographic shift in the future can't sustain. can you see why?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I've seen Whites with "soft" degrees land jobs in a relatively short amount of time. Explain how alot of Whites I know who get "soft degrees" can get jobs. However, many Blacks I've known with similar degrees have had to try harder to get jobs.

BTW, my father IS an engineer and he was laid off many times.

I've seen a few things take place in my life. I know a woman from my high school. As soon as she graduated from high school, she got a job at a bank, no college education necessary. I was actually IN college and couldn't get a job with a bank. I knew someone else who did, but not me. Trying to downplay that discrimination doesn't happen is quite disingenuous.

If i tried to get a job in a predominetly black nation.. I would be discriminated against much further than any black is discriminated against here. That is all Im saying..you know it and i know it.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
If you grow up in welfare generation after generation what are the chances that you aren't going to want to use it? I'm not just talking about blacks..I'm talking about 4th and 5th generation WT who live in the same towns for generations, and complain about immigrants all the time. Yet the immigrant will come here with nothing, and in one generation accomplish more than the said people who live in filth and complain about said immigrant. Welfare keeps crime down, that's about it. But the system can't go on like this anymore. When people who get freebies breed like flies, and those who are responsible have two kids often at the most and pay taxes..the demographic shift in the future can't sustain. can you see why?
And the irony of poor Whites using it is this. In alot of places in Appalachia, those counties voted for Republican candidates for president, and yet, there are high amounts of welfare receipt in those regions, as well as high drug use.

And something else I've noticed. I'm seeing the children of immigrants vote for Democrats. I've seen it for myself. Asians and Hispanics turned out in high numbers and voted for President Obama. Last time I checked, they aren't looking for freebies.

And something else. I see no mention of middle class Blacks who vote for President Obama. Are middle class Blacks looking for "freebies"?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If i tried to get a job in a predominetly black nation.. I would be discriminated against much further than any black is discriminated against here. That is all Im saying..you know it and i know it.
Well, Blacks get discriminated against in the USA. We aren't talking about the predominantly Black nation. We are talking about the USA, just the USA.

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Comparing Blacks to slaves is no way to get them on your side.
I believe treating them as such is even worse. Dems have worked very hard to create their dependency, turning them into vote slaves.

Quote:
And what dependency? Last time I checked, you don't have to be on welfare if you don't want it.
Then how have Dems convinced so many to be on it?

Quote:
And the irony of poor Whites using it is this. In alot of places in Appalachia, those counties voted for Republican candidates for president, and yet, there are high amounts of welfare receipt in those regions, as well as high drug use.

And something else I've noticed. I'm seeing the children of immigrants vote for Democrats. I've seen it for myself. Asians and Hispanics turned out in high numbers and voted for President Obama. Last time I checked, they aren't looking for freebies.

And something else. I see no mention of middle class Blacks who vote for President Obama. Are middle class Blacks looking for "freebies"?

Middle class blacks have it better than middle class whites. Blacks account for 12 percent of total us population..yet account for 27 percent of all government jobs.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I believe treating them as such is even worse. Dems have worked very hard to create their dependency, turning them into vote slaves.

Then how have Dems convinced so many to be on it?
But here is the question: How do you convince someone to join your party if you talk about them as if they were slaves? How? How are Blacks going to want to join Republicans if the rhetoric is "get off the plantation"? How do you convince someone to want to join you with that kind of language? Please answer that for me.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,765,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If it's true where's the statistics? I was just asking for data because I've seen differently... If you're going to make a radical claim go ahead and provide a source with statistics...
What is that suppose to mean? You've live here before? Most of the democrat voters here are millennials, liberal yuppies, old money types, etc. Much of the vote comes from Montgomery and Prince George's County, both DC area suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.